2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi gents,

Can anyone kindly tell me, for 2016 Elantra, what is the recommended service intervals by Komoco? Referring to the free service.

5000, 10000, 15000?

1000, 10000, 20000?

Please advise. TIA.

• Praise 1

Hi gents,

Can anyone kindly tell me, for 2016 Elantra, what is the recommended service intervals by Komoco? Referring to the free service.

5000, 10000, 15000?

1000, 10000, 20000?

Please advise. TIA.

1,000km, then 10000km and every 10k after that
  • Praise 1

KMC uses 5w40 lor.

Really? I bought my own 0w30 and the SA told me will void engine warranty coz it is not in the manual... he said they use 5w30.

Hi all , advise needed . Take free servicing for 1 year or 7 years better ? Some told me they prefer to go to their own ws then bk to komo for servicing .

Up to you bah. If you are first time owner and want hassle less, then go for kmc 7yrs. Else go jb much cheaper.

Actually the manual is every 15k. Only middle east is every 10k.

I have just finished a full tank about 47L. get about 550KM++ approximately. So FC is about 11.7KM/L. Next Thursday will be 1st 1000 KM servicing.

Yeah, i am only getting similar FC after 1k.

Every 15k of you refer to the car manual.
  • Praise 2

Hi gents,

5000, 10000, 15000?

1000, 10000, 20000?

Please advise. TIA.

Every 10,000 kms intervals......

• Praise 1

Really? I bought my own 0w30 and the SA told me will void engine warranty coz it is not in the manual... he said they use 5w30.

Up to you bah. If you are first time owner and want hassle less, then go for kmc 7yrs. Else go jb much cheaper.

Yeah, i am only getting similar FC after 1k.

Every 15k of you refer to the car manual.

Singapore have a lot of start stop traffic. Unless if u are on highway 90% of the time everyday, changing at 10k interval is better for engine lifespan Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 2

Hi all , advise needed . Take free servicing for 1 year or 7 years better ? Some told me they prefer to go to their own ws then bk to komo for servicing .

If free servicing comes with the sale of car, just take it lah. But try not to take more than the period of warranty, ask for cash-in-lieu for the period over your warranty period, if you intend to do servicing at outside workshops after the warranty period. Most if not ADs would want you to do servicing with them during the warranty period. And despite the announcement of 9 ADs pledging not to void warranty if cars are serviced outside, better play safe during the warranty period to avoid un-necessary disputes.

There are obvious pros and cons whether to do servicing at AD or outside workshops, always something that a car owner has to grapple with base on base on his financial power and knowledge on car. On one end, there are those who only rely on AD workshop, on the other end there are those who buy all the EO and filters and what not themselves from stockists and bring them to outside workshop. No right or wrong, do whatever you feel comfortable. No need to argue till car go home lah. Btw I will not tolerate the views of those who save until don't do regular servicing, which is definitely wrong.

• Praise 3

I'm just wonder why many people complaint about shell helix ultra (the top range of shell engine oil some more), maybe due to Giant selling it cheap? Many people said giant sell fake oil too, but they sell for so many year of fake oil, why shell didn't take any action?

Be frank, I'm think those buy oil from carousell or lazada having higher risk to get fake oil.

You go check the specs (ash, pour point, flash etc.) of Shell Helix Ultra and you will know that this is a low specs / low grade  synthetic oil when compared with Motul, Castrol, Idemitsu, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Petronas, Amsoil.

Edited by Vinceng

You go check the specs (ash, pour point, flash etc.) of Shell Helix Ultra and you will know that this is a low specs / low grade synthetic oil when compared with Motul, Castrol, Idemitsu, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Petronas, Amsoil.

Low specs but reliable oil
  • Praise 1

Thank you.

I am in the Middle East and i am informed that it is every 5K km. I feel that the interval is too short.

Every 10,000 kms intervals......

Thank you.

• Praise 1

I have just finished a full tank about 47L. get about 550KM++ approximately. So FC is about 11.7KM/L. Next Thursday will be 1st 1000 KM servicing.

Did you include half tank they gave you free, they provided 20-l on new cars. If you didnt it is 47 plus 20. 67L to get 550km.

My experience still about 10-11km/L FC; thinking of trying out the MOBIL1 gold 0W40 to see if FC can improve. Any other got better FC experience my full tank 40-L get about 400k only

Use a '30' rating engine oil for better fuel economy

You go check the specs (ash, pour point, flash etc.) of Shell Helix Ultra and you will know that this is a low specs / low grade  synthetic oil when compared with Motul, Castrol, Idemitsu, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Petronas, Amsoil.

im really never think so much before, next oil will try to do some study. Anyway, is those infor that you mention printed on the bottle? or where we can get those info?

My experience still about 10-11km/L FC; thinking of trying out the MOBIL1 gold 0W40 to see if FC can improve. Any other got better FC experience my full tank 40-L get about 400k only

Elantra spec state 15.6km/l.  10 vs 15 is 50% error. Think you can sue them. 

• Dislike 1

Use a '30' rating engine oil for better fuel economy

My old Toyota uses 0w40 gold Mobil. I get about 13km/l, maybe it will works on Elantra :)

Did you include half tank they gave you free, they provided 20-l on new cars. If you didnt it is 47 plus 20. 67L to get 550km.

No. 47L was purely filled up myself when I finished the half tank KMC gave me. So my 47L gave me 550KM++.
↡ Advertisement