2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I already got my Elantra for 1 month plus. You manage to secure your COE?

Yup. First bid and got it. Just wonder if any Elantra buyer couldn't get this round? Have the impression that sales volume is quite good for the past 3 weeks prior to COE bidding, someone mentioned stock sold out on last week??

Yup. First bid and got it. Just wonder if any Elantra buyer couldn't get this round? Have the impression that sales volume is quite good for the past 3 weeks prior to COE bidding, someone mentioned stock sold out on last week??

Congrats! Don't know who doesn't get COE, maybe can ask SE...

Thanks. Can I apply anti rain coating on side mirror surface?

You may wanna try Soft 99 Glaco Mirror coat Zero. $12.40

And for windscreen, I use Soft 99 Ultra Glaco Rain Repellant. $13.85

Lazada now got sales for 11.11.

• Praise 2

Heard that for facelift, S trim will come with 16" rims?

A bit regret didn't ask my SE for 16" rims even though I'm really liking the comfort of the stock 15".

What are the things installed in Sin for Hyundai? HU, Leather seat, Air-con (solar film aside), whatelse ? wheels?

Front/rear camera, reverse camera. anything else?

Anyone with experience changing the cabin lights? Should be easy to DIY?

Hi all, any fellow 2018 elantra owners experienced the mentioned issues?

1. speedometer error, speedo 8km/h faster than actual speed?
2. crude up and down shifting between gear 4 & 5, more frequent when down from G5 to G4 e.g. when down gear, usually rpm will just drop to around 1650-1750rpm, but i observed that it dropped to 1500rpm instead creating engine brake effect.

• Praise 1

Hi all, any fellow 2018 elantra owners experienced the mentioned issues?

1. speedometer error, speedo 8km/h faster than actual speed?

2. crude up and down shifting between gear 4 & 5, more frequent when down from G5 to G4 e.g. when down gear, usually rpm will just drop to around 1650-1750rpm, but i observed that it dropped to 1500rpm instead creating engine brake effect.

What is your speed reference ? how do you know the speedo is showing faster than actual speed?

If you are comparing it with GPS , then your observation is correct. All the car speedo are calibrated to be faster than actual by 8% to 10%. That means when you are seeing 90km/h on the speedometer, your actual speed is only slightly above 80km/h.

Edited by Ct3833

What is your speed reference ? how do you know the speedo is showing faster than actual speed?

If you are comparing it with GPS , then your observation is correct. All the car speedo are calibrated to be faster than actual by 8% to 10%. That means when you are seeing 90km/h on the speedometer, your actual speed is only slightly above 80km/h.

Ur right, based on my gps I realized that my speedo is faster by 8km/h. 

• Praise 1

Ur right, based on my gps I realized that my speedo is faster by 8km/h. 

there is nothing wrong with your new car, your old car should have the same behaviour.  Most car manufacturers will make the speedometer to display faster than the actual speed so that drivers feel like they are driving faster.  Just because you have a new car and you begin to suspect here and there , leading you to discover more non problems. Enjoy your new car, there is nothing wrong.  

there are many discussion and explanation about this topics. do a search on speedometer display faster than actual speed etc and you will find enough answers.

Edited by Ct3833

there is nothing wrong with your new car, your old car should have the same behaviour.  Most car manufacturers will make the speedometer to display faster than the actual speed so that drivers feel like they are driving faster.  Just because you have a new car and you begin to suspect here and there , leading you to discover more non problems. Enjoy your new car, there is nothing wrong.  

there are many discussion and explanation about this topics. do a search on speedometer display faster than actual speed etc and you will find enough answers.

my old car was also an elantra 2015(MD) model. Speedo was about the same as my gps. My concern is the 8% difference in speed, my mileage will have an extra 8% difference as well. 

• Praise 1

there is nothing wrong with your new car, your old car should have the same behaviour. Most car manufacturers will make the speedometer to display faster than the actual speed so that drivers feel like they are driving faster. Just because you have a new car and you begin to suspect here and there , leading you to discover more non problems. Enjoy your new car, there is nothing wrong.

Yes, most Jap cars do that too... I have a Peoguet... it matches to the GPS almost exactly the same... suspect continental cars do that.

So for expressway at 90km/hr limit... we can go 95km/hr without a problem on speed camera. Frankly I tried that many time no tickets :)

• Praise 1

my old car was also an elantra 2015(MD) model. Speedo was about the same as my gps. My concern is the 8% difference in speed, my mileage will have an extra 8% difference as well.

Speedometer only tracks the speed (or inaccurate speed) of a car, fuel consumption is computed separately, likewise the odometer which tracks the distance travelled, is not linked to speedometer and is supposed to be accurate.

Actually I think Speedos are calibrated accurate, just that our rim and tire sizes are not accurate
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1