2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

hello all,

I just checked out my car dashcam (Hp F870G), and i noticed that there isn't a parking mode option or motion detection. The only option that i was given is collision option. I went to watch youtube videos of the same model and i saw that there is a parking mode option. Was wondering if any of you guys have encountered the same issue?

They have blanked out parking mode in the user manual in the box. Product does have the function but because they are wired to the fuse box to cut off power when ignition is off, parking mode obviously will not be activated.

Might have been disabled by installers based on Komoco's instruction, possibly because of effects on battery longevity and warranty.

Edited by zgim80
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

They have blanked out parking mode in the user manual in the box. Product does have the function but because they are wired to the fuse box to cut off power when ignition is off, parking mode obviously will not be activated.

Might have been disabled by installers based on Komoco's instruction, possibly because of effects on battery longevity and warranty.

But what if i got an external power source hooked up to the dashcam? will that be able enable the parking mode/motion detector to be availabe?

• Praise 1

But what if i got an external power source hooked up to the dashcam? will that be able enable the parking mode/motion detector to be availabe?

Can't advise cos I haven't done it. But I'll probably change after a few months. No resale value though.
  • Praise 1

With external power source (power bank / ext battery) , of cos u can enable parking mode & motion detection, so long the camera comes with.
  • Praise 1

With external power source (power bank / ext battery) , of cos u can enable parking mode & motion detection, so long the camera comes with.

The funny things is that, after researching countless of websites and videos, for the same model, others have the option for parking mode or motion detection but when i checked my dashcam, i have non of that option. For anyone who has experience with the Hp f870g that came with the elantra, please advise. TIA. 

• Praise 1

The funny things is that, after researching countless of websites and videos, for the same model, others have the option for parking mode or motion detection but when i checked my dashcam, i have non of that option. For anyone who has experience with the Hp f870g that came with the elantra, please advise. TIA.

It has been confirmed that our hp f870g doesn't come with parking mode. Probably disabled by firmware...

So no point install external battery unless you want it to record continuously like while you are driving...

• Praise 2

What throwback......say already...camera is given 'free'

Don't want dont install lor

if want give free then give more 'gum wan' abit, why give us problematic.

treat us like what?

• Dislike 1

Give free also complaint

Not give free also complaint

Lol.

seriously nothing is free if you don't buy their car. so it all boils down to KMC frank and trustworthy enough to provide a reliable car camera for our rides.

oh , I shld hv opt out and save $280 and use the money to buy a wifi cams

i agrees..

even my old xiao yi, comes with Wifi abled..

Thanks guys for the much appreciated feedback, I also just realised that for the F870G, there are two types, one with parking mode and one without it. So if anyone of you are getting a car, please ask more info about the camera for clarification.

• Praise 1

Just spend some money to get a better one with backup battery for parking mode. I am using Iroad X9, heard Thinkware F770 or F800 also not bad. Elantra club got Thinkware promo.

Thanks guys for the much appreciated feedback, I also just realised that for the F870G, there are two types, one with parking mode and one without it. So if anyone of you are getting a car, please ask more info about the camera for clarification.

• Praise 1

Just spend some money to get a better one with backup battery for parking mode. I am using Iroad X9, heard Thinkware F770 or F800 also not bad. Elantra club got Thinkware promo.

How about blackvue?

Dunno, nvr use before. Heard last time got overheating issues, not sure abt now. My X9 quite good and not very expensive.

How about blackvue?

↡ Advertisement