2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Thought they should drive out the car to the basement carpark for easy collection? How come the collection is at level 4 where all cars are parked closely together?

My SE drive me all the way to the front door before handing over the keys
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hopefully this is due to new transmission update. I will enquire if there is such an update during my upcoming 10k servicing.

Remember to make some feedback during 10K on Engine and Radio and they will update the ECU & firmware. 

• Praise 2

Does S trim comes with theft alarm system? When locking the door, there is no chim sound although manual said so. Hence wobdering it comes with the vehicle.

Elantra dun comes with anti theft alarm. Only comes with remote lock. Have to add yourself. Not all shopscan do that. I added myself bcos it so much easier to locate my car in a big car park when I forget where I park.
  • Praise 1

Elantra dun comes with anti theft alarm. Only comes with remote lock. Have to add yourself. Not all shopscan do that. I added myself bcos it so much easier to locate my car in a big car park when I forget where I park.

How do you add yourself?
  • Praise 1

Sorry, I mean I went to shop n ask them to fix it.

I see, default didn't get activated so need go shop to activate it? Komoco does it? How much is outside shop charging?
  • Praise 1

Thought they should drive out the car to the basement carpark for easy collection? How come the collection is at level 4 where all cars are parked closely together?

my SE mentioned the basement carpark is now off limits for new car delivery, it's only for cars that are servicing... if they deliver new cars at the basement now they'll get sacked.

all new cars now have to be collected at the 4th floor, which is designated to be for new car delivery. it's because this round alot of cars sold, so end up the 4th floor is full..

Edited by Coolant

Good to know this good reliability comment, most ppl still says Japan and Continental better reliability than Korean ones.

Three common issues with the old Avante's are (2007 to 2010) ECU failure, alternator and steering rack. My Avante is going to expire in another 4 months but after 9 yrs started having several issues, ECU failed, several sensors started failing. Similarly, my friend is driving 2010 Avante, already changed the steering rack, alternator. I am not considering the shocks \ CV joints or aircon to the list since I consider them as part of the wear and tear. I cannot comprehend when the electronics started failing in 9 yrs and ECU failures within 10 yrs as the quality mark on par with Japanese cars. One ECU specialized workshop listed the Hyundai had issue common across their models and I am surprised even i30 is in the list.

• Praise 1

Three common issues with the old Avante's are (2007 to 2010) ECU failure, alternator and steering rack. My Avante is going to expire in another 4 months but after 9 yrs started having several issues, ECU failed, several sensors started failing. Similarly, my friend is driving 2010 Avante, already changed the steering rack, alternator. I am not considering the shocks \ CV joints or aircon to the list since I consider them as part of the wear and tear. I cannot comprehend when the electronics started failing in 9 yrs and ECU failures within 10 yrs as the quality mark on par with Japanese cars. One ECU specialized workshop listed the Hyundai had issue common across their models and I am surprised even i30 is in the list.

I am quite surprise to hear that. Same model but can have such a huge difference in reliability... Hmm...

my SE mentioned the basement carpark is now off limits for new car delivery, it's only for cars that are servicing... if they deliver new cars at the basement now they'll get sacked.

all new cars now have to be collected at the 4th floor, which is designated to be for new car delivery. it's because this round alot of cars sold, so end up the 4th floor is full..

Maybe they dont want the new cars wait got scratch at the basement carpark since it is for cars that are servicing?! So collect at level 4, you need to drive the car into the lift down to ground level?

• Praise 1

Maybe they dont want the new cars wait got scratch at the basement carpark since it is for cars that are servicing?! So collect at level 4, you need to drive the car into the lift down to ground level?

that's probably one of the reasons, i guess its classic case of business too good, hence need to expand to other spaces to hold the new cars.

that being said, the 4th floor area is nicer and much brighter to collect new car.. compared to dark basement carpark. :)

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 3

How to lock the steering wheel after parking? Elantra has this option?

When u put your gear to P and turn off engine, it will lock your steering wheel automatically and immediately. So u need to put your steering wheel at your preferred angle before turning off the engine. Edited by wilsonkeat
  • Praise 2

that's probably one of the reasons, i guess its classic case of business too good, hence need to expand to other spaces to hold the new cars.

that being said, the 4th floor area is nicer and much brighter to collect new car.. compared to dark basement carpark. :)

Basement carpark is a public area and also hot and stuffy. Think people usually should drive the car from the basement to the ground level to check the car. 4th level maybe not access to public, so it is much nicer and better?!

• Praise 1