2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I just mounted kerb (low speed, moving off at filter lane) and scraped the right side of my undercarriage and there is a vibrating noise whenever I’m steering from left to right while driving.. anyone knows any recommended workshop to have this checked? My car is only 3months old.. heart pain :’(

• Praise 1

I just mounted kerb (low speed, moving off at filter lane) and scraped the right side of my undercarriage and there is a vibrating noise whenever Iâm steering from left to right while driving.. anyone knows any recommended workshop to have this checked? My car is only 3months old.. heart pain :â(

Best is still go back komoco
  • Praise 1

I think bug until free servicing over liao still not fixed  [laugh]

Call your SE to get him or her to work lor...

I just mounted kerb (low speed, moving off at filter lane) and scraped the right side of my undercarriage and there is a vibrating noise whenever I’m steering from left to right while driving.. anyone knows any recommended workshop to have this checked? My car is only 3months old.. heart pain :’(

Eh... filter lanes are usually only for left turns... how did you manage to mount the kerb on the right side of your car? That's quite unusual...

The vibrating sound could be the undercarriage panel got dislodged, or your wheel bearings got damaged or the wheel alignment is off... as advised, just call your SE, tell him or her the problem, get them to advise and then send the car back to Komoco for assessment... they probably will just do the repair... ask for cost first before proceeding yeah? Usually they will call before they do anything to the car...

• Praise 1

I just realised when connected to Bluetooth, I am unable to download my contacts from the phone to the HU. ‘Download’ was selected and it says... downloaded but nothing happens... anyone has the same issue?

• Praise 2

soon, i be hitting 10k servicing.

again, i find the car is pretty comfortable.

a good workhorse but my only complaints are:

- fuel cap, there are times where the fuel cap still dont works as it suppose to

- still find FC kinda high..

- sluggish pick up..

- rear suspension kinda soft despite being a new car..

- rear right tire always losing pressure, always appear when i'm on high way.

- nothing much to mod.. i'm running out of ideas after a month of collection..

There are many things to mod.

E.g. various types of lightings, coilovers, bbks, 17 or 18 inch wheels, dyno tuning, exhaust modification, engine bay intake mods... Etc etc ..

It's up to you whether you find it worth your time and money to implement them on your car or not.

• Praise 2

I just realised when connected to Bluetooth, I am unable to download my contacts from the phone to the HU. âDownloadâ was selected and it says... downloaded but nothing happens... anyone has the same issue?

Hello, go to your Bluetooth settings and tick “Sync contacts”.

What is your FC before your first 1k servicing? I’m at below 10 km per litre wondering whether that’s normal.

• Praise 2

Guys, what is your FC before your first 1k servicing? I’m at below 10 km per litre wondering whether that’s normal.

Hi,

I just finished my first tank. 

It depends on my drive routes. 

Right after I refilled empty tank, I made a trip to airport. Route had a few traffic stops, followed by long expressway route to airport, the trip calculator gave an impressive 15km/L fuel consumption reading. 

For the rest of the first tank, it was mostly long expressway drives and a few short trips for last 2-3 days before tank nearly emptied. Average consumption was 12.8km/L. Very light on the pedal during move offs, where RPM is usually maintained at 2000.

This first tank lasted me 10 days. 

When school re-opens, my daily trips will be usually 2 round trips (around 10km each) to ferry my kids to and fro their schools. I believe fuel consumption will drop to maybe around 10km/L. But full tank will probably last about 12 - 14 days instead.

Perhaps your right foot is too heavy on the pedal.

By the way, the trip calculator is L/100km. You need to do a conversion to get km/L.

Hope this helps!

• Praise 3

Call your SE to get him or her to work lor...

Eh... filter lanes are usually only for left turns... how did you manage to mount the kerb on the right side of your car? That's quite unusual...

The vibrating sound could be the undercarriage panel got dislodged, or your wheel bearings got damaged or the wheel alignment is off... as advised, just call your SE, tell him or her the problem, get them to advise and then send the car back to Komoco for assessment... they probably will just do the repair... ask for cost first before proceeding yeah? Usually they will call before they do anything to the car...

Thanks for the advice. I was too near to the side of the kerb before turning and didn’t steer enough when moving off. Was rather careless. I sent in to KMC next day and they mentioned there’s a plastic part At the undercarriage that came loose and lodged it back for me FOC.
  • Praise 2

Thanks for the advice. I was too near to the side of the kerb before turning and didn’t steer enough when moving off. Was rather careless. I sent in to KMC next day and they mentioned there’s a plastic part At the undercarriage that came loose and lodged it back for me FOC.

glad to know that. really have to be alert on the road esp driving through traffic lights crossings. nowadays many e scooters, bicycles, food delivery anyhow cheong.

• Praise 2

Does anyone have any recommendations for anti-rain/paint protection coating? 

Been looking at the ThreeBond Premium Glass Coating Hydrophobic - anyone used that before and has anything to say about it?

I just use normal brand Rain X for glass water repellent.

post-224957-0-43553000-1544446351_thumb.jpeg

post-224957-0-25890000-1544446369_thumb.jpeg

If u want better brand, can ask gentlemen here. Btw, sorry for the rotated pics, it looked fine on my iPhone but once I attach them, they rotated by themselves.

Edited by wilsonkeat
  • Praise 1

I just use normal brand Rain X for glass water repellent.

A0F3CE42-91C0-45DA-AA41-C26CEE181F19.jpeg

302F5575-00B5-4964-86F5-CADD0F14E0FC.jpeg

If u want better brand, can ask gentlemen here. Btw, sorry for the rotated pics, it looked fine on my iPhone but once I attach them, they rotated by themselves.

It's pretty good for rain repelling but from my experience, the wipers will judder soon after applying them. Ymmv.

Planning on using glaco but haven't got Ard to doing it yet.

• Praise 2

It's pretty good for rain repelling but from my experience, the wipers will judder soon after applying them. Ymmv.

Planning on using glaco but haven't got Ard to doing it yet.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ll take note and change to other brand if mine judder. Edited by wilsonkeat
↡ Advertisement