2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

You didn't get an external battery for the iroad cam? Just set the cut off voltage higher lor if you don't have an external battery.

Is the HP dashcam always on? If so, does it drain the car battery faster?
I had a bad experience with iroad. If I leave it on, my car battery goes flat after 6 months despite regular driving.

↡ Advertisement

You didn't get an external battery for the iroad cam? Just set the cut off voltage higher lor if you don't have an external battery.

Already set to highest cut off voltage.

Oh, i didnt know there is an external battery for IRoad. The car shop did not tell me when I bought the package with installation from them last time. Is this external battery also charged when car is running?

Thanks for the info. 1.6k 0% NCD is fine for me. Now left to go kmc do booking. 12k booking fee right for new car?

Yes. $12k can use credit card to get points. Balance downpayment must use either cash, Cashier order or cheque. Still selling Elantra 2018 now? I thought no more coz Elantra facelift coming in Jan?

Thanks for the info. 1.6k 0% NCD is fine for me. Now left to go kmc do booking. 12k booking fee right for new car?

As I mentioned before, $1.4k thereabout since you are OPC. 26% discount for OPC if u r taking NTUC Income "Drivo" motor insurance. Edited by Carlson55

Oh, i didnt know there is an external battery for IRoad. The car shop did not tell me when I bought the package with installation from them last time. Is this external battery also charged when car is running?

If I am not wrong, the battery charges when the car is running.
  • Praise 1

Actually this car already came with built in cruise control for all models of the elantra regardless of GLS, S or elite version.

What i did was just to buy the stock OEM control buttons for the elite version to install on my basic version in order to use it. This is a not a modification to electronics or engine.

I am going to unlock sports mode and eco mode soon. If anyone wish to know what I am doing, can always PM me.

PS, its not for the faint hearted. hahaha

yes, do not do it

Hi, do you go any workshop that do this for u? As I intend to install a button for eco mode
  • Praise 1

As I mentioned before, $1.4k thereabout since you are OPC. 26% discount for OPC if u r taking NTUC Income "Drivo" motor insurance.

Thanks i did a ntuc online quote atound there still have 5% loyalty. Do kmc allow ntuc for new car purchase or die die must sign for axa for 1st year.

Hopefully can get my avante soon. Haha

My 4mths old AD USB port below HU is dead. No output. Go back old school way 12V to USB connector.

Need to ask them to check when going for my 10k servicing in 1 week time.

• Praise 2

I like the word best build, keep fingers crossed that it can be as smooth and quiet ride for the longest time.

The avante HD has proven itself to be renew COE worthy.
  • Praise 1

The free cam that KMC gave has been modified by KMC so the Parking mode is not available. When Key Off, cam will turn off. I still don’t understand why KMC did so.

Due to the warranty of the battery given by KMC. 24 hrs non-stop recording means shorten life span of the battery resulting in more FOC claims within the warranty period as mentioned before. Tio boh?

• Praise 2

Just make sure all these external batteries are wired up correctly and you do a periodic check. Many car fires are electrical these days, and many cause by an incorrect install and poor after market accessories.

An external lithium battery is a huge self ignitable source

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Due to the warranty of the battery given by KMC. 24 hrs non-stop recording means shorten life span of the battery resulting in more FOC claims within the warranty period as mentioned before. Tio boh?

I would rather not have this kind of claim as it means the car cannot start and you have a lot of inconvenience to get someone to come get it fixed.

my exp witu kia or hyundai stock batt is never good... that was 7-8 yr ago.. looking at elantra grounding and connector... it should be better but stock batt is still my concern... if i last more 1.5 yrs i am happy wahaha

Just make sure all these external batteries are wired up correctly and you do a periodic check. Many car fires are electrical these days, and many cause by an incorrect install and poor after market accessories.

An external lithium battery is a huge self ignitable source

iRoad external battery pack is LiFe and not Li-ion which is much much safer to use. i have this setup from my old car til now, 1 yr plus and no worry. Battery is going strong at the moment. Highly recommanded to install a battery pack if you want your cam to on 24 hrs.

• Praise 2

Thanks i did a ntuc online quote atound there still have 5% loyalty. Do kmc allow ntuc for new car purchase or die die must sign for axa for 1st year.

Hi there,

KMC did not restrict me to sign up insurance with AXA. My SE said it's okay for me to get my preferred insurance company, and my preferred bank loan. She said, "no loan, also no problem, no change in price."

KMC also allowed $12,000 downpayment via credit card for my convenience and chalk up some credit card reward points. Otherwise, bank transfer is also accepted for convenience.

They offered 7-year free servicing package. They also offered 1-year servicing package, for $3000 cash rebate off list price. But that was with previous Elantra model. 

You should speak to an SE regarding their latest Avante model. I'm sure they will give you their best offer:) I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Praise 1

my exp witu kia or hyundai stock batt is never good... that was 7-8 yr ago.. looking at elantra grounding and connector... it should be better but stock batt is still my concern... if i last more 1.5 yrs i am happy wahaha

Mine is 2.5 years already... still ok...
  • Praise 2

1st year need to get insurance from KMC preferred partner, for my case is NTUC income. Not too sure now is AXA though.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1