2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

1st year need to get insurance from KMC preferred partner, for my case is NTUC income. Not too sure now is AXA though.

The Hyundai AXA policy is $160 more than outside NTUC policy; but the Hyundai AXA policy is more comprehensive with zero excess.

Thinking of going for NTUC instead to save a bit of money. What do you guys think? 

↡ Advertisement

Guys paiseh hijack abit,

Anyone tried 215 tyres on stock 16inch before? Read somewhere that 16 x 6.5 max can go is 215, 225 will be overkill any advice? Changing tyre soon, thinking of widening and also increase profile for comfort.

Any recommended profile and width (max) for 16x6.5j stock rim?

• Praise 1

1st year need to get insurance from KMC preferred partner, for my case is NTUC income. Not too sure now is AXA though.

Komoco actually has a list of insurers... you can pick and choose which plan suits you the best... there's no such thing as preferred partner... only maybe the SE may earn a bit more commission for certain insurers, that's all...

Guys paiseh hijack abit,

Anyone tried 215 tyres on stock 16inch before? Read somewhere that 16 x 6.5 max can go is 215, 225 will be overkill any advice? Changing tyre soon, thinking of widening and also increase profile for comfort.

Any recommended profile and width (max) for 16x6.5j stock rim?

I suggest you stick with 215 lar... it's plenty wide for the Elantra... moving up to 225 will really increase your fuel consumption significantly... plus you may not be able to turn full lock when turning the steering wheel... the tire may hit the inside wheel arch... cos too wide...

Is the HP dashcam always on? If so, does it drain the car battery faster?

I had a bad experience with iroad. If I leave it on, my car battery goes flat after 6 months despite regular driving.

No problem for the Iroad Q9(using for 1 year+).....HP dashcam from KMC is bad....

Hi im planning to get this elantra. This will be my very 1st car . Anyone knows how much insurance premium will be for me age 35+ with driving exp 10+.

Me looking at opc car as my workplace is near home and daily riding bike. More for weekend family use.

Around 1.5k-1.6k.........because its 0% NCD...for my normal car plate

My 4mths old AD USB port below HU is dead. No output. Go back old school way 12V to USB connector.

Need to ask them to check when going for my 10k servicing in 1 week time.

That USB port below the HU is mean for sync with your HU for Android Auto/AppleCar Play....

The charging current for that port is ard 500mA...

IF you need to charge use the other USB port located at the middle arm rest

Edited by tailtwist
  • Praise 1

Saw a recent post about a Toyota Wish being stolen in Malaysia. Presumably the digital key was replicated? Anyone knows how secure the 2016 Elantra is?

• Praise 1

No problem for the Iroad Q9(using for 1 year+).....HP dashcam from KMC is bad....

Around 1.5k-1.6k.........because its 0% NCD...for my normal car plate

That USB port below the HU is mean for sync with your HU for Android Auto/AppleCar Play....

The charging current for that port is ard 500mA...

IF you need to charge use the other USB port located at the middle arm rest

Middle arm rest port can get 2amp?

Thanks i did a ntuc online quote atound there still have 5% loyalty. Do kmc allow ntuc for new car purchase or die die must sign for axa for 1st year.

Hopefully can get my avante soon. Haha

Aviva online is one of cheapest, if you choose higher excess e.g. 1.5k excess and 2 yrs plan only 2.5k (2yrs). U get 300 dollars capital vouchers too. Is about 1.2k per year only.

They can adjust the date anytime too, to meet your registration date.

KMC allows anything you arrange yourself, only thing they will tell you the starts date issue... u just need to call insurance company on the starts date after u purchase. They will change for your FOC

Edited by Vicloo

Hi im planning to get this elantra. This will be my very 1st car . Anyone knows how much insurance premium will be for me age 35+ with driving exp 10+.

Me looking at opc car as my workplace is near home and daily riding bike. More for weekend family use.

Greetings, I’m same as you. Age 35+ above and 1st car with 8 years driving exp. ROPC car. My insurance is NTUC income drivo premium. 1st quote I got From SE is $1.5k. When making full payment it reduce to $1.1k plus which is almost $400 discount. Maybe you should ask the SE and get them to quote you first. And I think their preferred insurers is NTUC and AXA.
  • Praise 1

yeah, did a playback yesterday.

the quality of the video looks good, didn't even realize there's satellite GPS mode on the cam. 

Pardon me, what's the purpose of the satellite GPS in the car cam for? How does it aid in our daily driving if we were to switch in ON.

I went to switch on the Speed Camera button and it sounded & warned me when I was driving into my HDB carpark??? 

Scared me, I thought they just installed speed camera there. This morning also sounded while I travelling on the non-camera road, a distance away from my block. For both instances, the same traffic junction speed camera was located some distance away, maybe about 50 meters.

Supercharged

Pardon me, what's the purpose of the satellite GPS in the car cam for? How does it aid in our daily driving if we were to switch in ON.

I went to switch on the Speed Camera button and it sounded & warned me when I was driving into my HDB carpark??? 

Scared me, I thought they just installed speed camera there. This morning also sounded while I travelling on the non-camera road, a distance away from my block. For both instances, the same traffic junction speed camera was located some distance away, maybe about 50 meters.

no idea too..

i was waiting for some guru to enlighten me too..

i didn't activate the speed camera as i always speed..

hence, its a nuisance..  [:p]

$1.2k or less from Aviva.

I'm driving OPC elantra less than 30 years of age with 7+ years driving experience and bought Aviva online for $1.2k.

Assuming you are also NSman, should be less than $1.2k given your age and driving experience.

• Praise 1

$1.2k or less from Aviva.

I'm driving OPC elantra less than 30 years of age with 7+ years driving experience and bought Aviva online for $1.2k.

Assuming you are also NSman, should be less than $1.2k given your age and driving experience.

Hello! Are you able to get your own insurance when you are purchasing a new car? SE quoted NTUC also which is quite pricy compared to my Aviva one as well so I was thinking if I can just get my own insurance instead of going through KMC. 

Thanks for replying!

Hello! Are you able to get your own insurance when you are purchasing a new car? SE quoted NTUC also which is quite pricy compared to my Aviva one as well so I was thinking if I can just get my own insurance instead of going through KMC. 

Thanks for replying!

Yes I purchased my own insurance when I purchased my new Elantra AD 2-3 months back. 

Yes I purchased my own insurance when I purchased my new Elantra AD 2-3 months back. 

Thanks! Don't mind me asking but how did you coordinate between your car collection date and insurance start date? 

Also, SE tried to convince me because the insurance appointed has direct relationship with KMC so any claims would be "easier" since send it back to KMC to repair (touch wood). Any truth to this?

Because your SE get some commission if you buy insurance thru’ them. Simple as that.

Edited by Fcw75

Thanks! Don't mind me asking but how did you coordinate between your car collection date and insurance start date? 

Also, SE tried to convince me because the insurance appointed has direct relationship with KMC so any claims would be "easier" since send it back to KMC to repair (touch wood). Any truth to this?

If not wrong, insurance company will issue you with a cover note first. Once the car is registered, just submit the relevant information to them so that they can issue the proper insurance with the start date inline with your reg date.

Don't think buying insurance from KMC will result in easier claims. Effectively all authorised workshops have a direct relationship with the insurance company isn't it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1