2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Thanks! Don't mind me asking but how did you coordinate between your car collection date and insurance start date? 

Also, SE tried to convince me because the insurance appointed has direct relationship with KMC so any claims would be "easier" since send it back to KMC to repair (touch wood). Any truth to this?

I bought the insurance using the Chassis number provided by my SE.

Aviva emailed me the insurance certificate, and I forwarded it to my SE.

You will lose out a few days as the insurance start date is earlier than your car collection date.

The insurance is needed to register the car. I think its ok to lose out a few days as I didn't pay an additional $1k+ to get car insurance from KMC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Saw a recent post about a Toyota Wish being stolen in Malaysia. Presumably the digital key was replicated? Anyone knows how secure the 2016 Elantra is?

U can buy a steering wheel lock bar that also hook up to the pedal, cost abt 10+ dollars, can also act at a self defence bar, lol
  • Praise 3

U can buy a steering wheel lock bar that also hook up to the pedal, cost abt 10+ dollars, can also act at a self defence bar, lol

Any brand/model to recommend?

Any brand/model to recommend?

Just get one with tempered hardened steel lor... a determined thief will still be able to saw through it... it's a deterrent cos it takes took long...

No problem for the Iroad Q9(using for 1 year+).....HP dashcam from KMC is bad....

Around 1.5k-1.6k.........because its 0% NCD...for my normal car plate

That USB port below the HU is mean for sync with your HU for Android Auto/AppleCar Play....

The charging current for that port is ard 500mA...

IF you need to charge use the other USB port located at the middle arm rest

Don't think basic have the usb port at middle arm rest
  • Praise 1

I bought the insurance using the Chassis number provided by my SE.

Aviva emailed me the insurance certificate, and I forwarded it to my SE.

You will lose out a few days as the insurance start date is earlier than your car collection date.

The insurance is needed to register the car. I think its ok to lose out a few days as I didn't pay an additional $1k+ to get car insurance from KMC.

Pardon me for asking, when will you receive the chassis number? For that is when the stock is in Singapore and pending registration?

I should start getting quotes from the different insurers in the meantime! Thanks for the help!

• Praise 1

Pardon me for asking, when will you receive the chassis number? For that is when the stock is in Singapore and pending registration?

I should start getting quotes from the different insurers in the meantime! Thanks for the help!

Quotes usually can get online even without chassis number, just need car make and model. Usually when registered, it will appear in your one.motoring page. Need to login with singpass.

Only recently realised that I'm busting my data often because I have the habit of plugging in my phone into the HU and maps runs in the background hahah.

• Praise 1

Should the cars be drawn by horses & cows instead? Should be quite clean in terms of emission but not so much on the smell [:p]

cows also give out toxic gas. 

my elantra is 9 months old.

KM replace a new HP car cam 2 months ago foc when it broke down.

also realised that cigarette lighter port also broke down.

anyone as "sway" as me?  

anyone as "sway" as me?  

to add, my new HP car cam broke down again! 

Throw away the free HP cam and get a better one in the market. 

anyone as "sway" as me?  

to add, my new HP car cam broke down again! 

Throw away the free HP cam and get a better one in the market. 

still under warranty so want to get a new one but once warranty over then change.

heard Thinkware is better than Blackvue. 

any bros here have experience? 

• Praise 1

still under warranty so want to get a new one but once warranty over then change.

Hi,

currently there is a trade-in promotion for Thinkware X700. https://www.facebook.com/zmcautomotive/

I used Thinkware with my previous car. I think it's ok, it only lasted about 2 years though. Car was parked under open air HDB carpark, so I think that attributed to its premature death.

Their entry level single-channel models don't even have built-in GPS module. 

X700 is interesting, because with an additional NB-IOT / GPS module (available in March 2019) and annual subscription fee, the dashcam can push notification to smartphone app. But it's still FHD resolution only. 

I heard on radio just now, there's Blackvue promotion at Suntec motorcar show. 4K UHD Dashcam + external battery. Anyone here with good experience using Blackvue? 

Thinkware got good offer at the motor show
↡ Advertisement