2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi Everyone,

I am driving a 2018 elantra basic recently the Eco display on the RPM meter just disappear and the Sport display appear. I did not do anything and these changes just happen. The next day the Sport display also disappear.

Can anyone advise how can I get back to the Eco mode.

Kamsia

sport, eco mode is only selectable by elite model... i think it is best to bring it to kmc to check
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Everyone,

I am driving a 2018 elantra basic recently the Eco display on the RPM meter just disappear and the Sport display appear. I did not do anything and these changes just happen. The next day the Sport display also disappear.

Kamsia

it seem yours not the first case as I have seen few reported.

like the system have bugs.

hope it get resolved soon..

• Praise 2

at where have pictures? Will it the same power as last year elantra?

Just fuel saving and better emission control.

Also, seem 2019 model do not have this feature installed.

Not sure how to attached picture here. But you can spot it easily. If you have just one big wire from battery negative terminal to car chassic. Then you don't have AMS.

Anyway, this feature so far on 2018 model only.

• Praise 3

Hi Everyone,

Kamsia

Mine recently ECO mode appeared, the car become less powerful. Went to KMC and they did a reset. Probably take an hour or so.
  • Praise 3

Just fuel saving and better emission control.

Also, seem 2019 model do not have this feature installed.

Not sure how to attached picture here. But you can spot it easily. If you have just one big wire from battery negative terminal to car chassic. Then you don't have AMS.

Anyway, this feature so far on 2018 model only.

Avante 2019 without AMS, thus FC 6.7l/100km

Elantra 2018 with AMS, FC 6.4l/100km

Edited by Carlson55

Mine recently ECO mode appeared, the car become less powerful. Went to KMC and they did a reset. Probably take an hour or so.

Hi jwilliam,

DO you need to pay for the reset at KMC?

Hi jwilliam,

DO you need to pay for the reset at KMC?

FOC or not, the reliability of this hyundai control board and ECU is now questionable.

imagine if on long journey trip up north this issue appear again, is gonna be very sian and possible hazard..

hope hyundai have permanent solution as we don't see this issue on other brand.

It seems that only basic got this issue.

Any S managed to 'unlock' sports and eco mode via 3rd party switch?

Maybe got cheat code? (Not kidding, E90 u press dunno which buttons at specific sequence will unlock more options)

• Praise 3

i think it is possible that we can install a button to change the mode of driving

Yes is possible to add on. But outside of komoco. I checked the price about $180. For the steering wheel control also can add on. About $120. But is genuine parts i Guess. I believe all the models have the features, just that don’t have the wiring or button
  • Praise 2

Yes is possible to add on. But outside of komoco. I checked the price about $180. For the steering wheel control also can add on. About $120. But is genuine parts i Guess. I believe all the models have the features, just that donât have the wiring or button

Which shop can install button to select drive mode? Really tempting to add.
  • Praise 2

Yes is possible to add on. But outside of komoco. I checked the price about $180. For the steering wheel control also can add on. About $120. But is genuine parts i Guess. I believe all the models have the features, just that donât have the wiring or button

Where can I do that? They change the panel near gear lever there?
  • Praise 1

Which shop can install button to select drive mode? Really tempting to add.

I got this contact from someone else. can call up 67479864 n look for PIC George.

Where can I do that? They change the panel near gear lever there?

I got this contact from someone else. can call up 67479864 n look for PIC George. I haven done it for myself yet
  • Praise 1

I got this contact from someone else. can call up 67479864 n look for PIC George.

I got this contact from someone else. can call up 67479864 n look for PIC George. I haven done it for myself yet

Thanks

Yes is possible to add on. But outside of komoco. I checked the price about $180. For the steering wheel control also can add on. About $120. But is genuine parts i Guess. I believe all the models have the features, just that don’t have the wiring or you w

you would need to get the panel in order to install the drive mode. it would cost u about $400 for the panel.

• Praise 2

you would need to get the panel in order to install the drive mode. it would cost u about $400 for the panel.

Wa....like that might as well send the car for tuning ...can get power and efficiency
↡ Advertisement