2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi guys! Am looking at getting a new car currently.

Considering the Kia K3 and the Avante, they are pretty similar price wise.

How did you guys decide on the Avante over the K3?

No ridiculous low trade in price n high interest rate from komoco. Heard you have to pay 5k more for a kia if you dun trade in to them .

As for komoco, only one main service centre at Alexandra road

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys! Am looking at getting a new car currently.

Considering the Kia K3 and the Avante, they are pretty similar price wise.

How did you guys decide on the Avante over the K3?

Avante has more safety features but a not so posh interior... Cerato has fewer safety features but posher interior... you decide which you like...

Cerato is based on the new generation platform cos it's a brand new model, the Avante is simply a facelift, albeit a major one, so it's still based on the old platform. The Cerato may actually feel better due to the newer platform...

Haven't driven both... but these are differences on paper...

Avante has more safety features but a not so posh interior... Cerato has fewer safety features but posher interior... you decide which you like...

Cerato is based on the new generation platform cos it's a brand new model, the Avante is simply a facelift, albeit a major one, so it's still based on the old platform. The Cerato may actually feel better due to the newer platform...

Haven't driven both... but these are differences on paper...

I have test drove all 3 - Elantra, Cerato and Avante before deciding on the Avante.

I think the new Avante did had quite a fair bit of enhancement on the drive feel.

Avante vs Cerato wise, although the Cerato is an all new model, I felt the Avante had a slight advantage not only on the safety features, but also the overall drive feel - just my 2 cents worth. It also  feels sharper in the corners and the engine seems to be a little more responsive than the Cerato and Elantra.

I do agree, KIA has its strength in the interior design. 

• Praise 3

Hi,

Anyone know what the ATF( Auto-Transmission fluid ) capacity for Elantra 2015

Wah so fast need to change ATF already ah? Isn't it 100,000 km then need to change?

Link here to the US manual: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundaicontent/Data/teamsite/doc/glovebox-manuals/2017/ELANTRA/2017_hyundai_elantra_om.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj3ityUv6vhAhVEjuYKHWadAf8QFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw24PpOxl2A9psQRQqxggTNs&cshid=1554005117993

Edited by teomingern

post-167839-0-39113400-1554005416_thumb.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the relevant page with the capacity of for the automatic transaxle fluid required for the 2015 Elantra.

post-167839-0-73442800-1554005660_thumb.jpg

This page clearly says no need to replace the automatic transaxle fluid... this is the last page of the Normal Maintenance Schedule at 240,000 km...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190331-120750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the relevant page with the capacity of for the automatic transaxle fluid required for the 2015 Elantra.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190331-121335_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

This page clearly says no need to replace the automatic transaxle fluid... this is the last page of the Normal Maintenance Schedule at 240,000 km...

Authorized dealer komoco recommend 40,000km / 60,000km to change the ATF. As according to their maintenance package

Authorized dealer komoco recommend 40,000km / 60,000km to change the ATF. As according to their maintenance package

Yup I know... but I would rather follow the manufacturer's guide right?

Hi, I am not able to start a new thread as I had not enough post. So had to rely on here for advise.

I drove a barely 7 months old Elantra "S". However, since yesterday, I notice an audible 'whining' noise from the steerling wheel whenever I turn. It's not loud but it can be quite irritating to be heard at times.

Anybody encounter this? Is this normal?

My concern is that it could be a steerling pump issue. I could have brought it up during my next service, or see how it goes for the next few days, but it will still be quite a while before my next service. 

Thus trying to find out if this is normal, and should I be concern about it and send in my car earlier?

Thank you.

Screenshot_20190331-120750_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-121335_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I beg to differ... Imagine using the same old ATF under singapore climate for 240,000km...

For piece of mind, I will change every 40,000km.

• Praise 1

Hi, I am not able to start a new thread as I had not enough post. So had to rely on here for advise.

I drove a barely 7 months old Elantra "S". However, since yesterday, I notice an audible 'whining' noise from the steerling wheel whenever I turn. It's not loud but it can be quite irritating to be heard at times.

My concern is that it could be a steerling pump issue. I could have brought it up during my next service, or see how it goes for the next few days, but it will still be quite a while before my next service.

Thus trying to find out if this is normal, and should I be concern about it and send in my car earlier?

Thank you.

Get it replace. Steering column got problem. Mine had the rough sound when doing parking or moving off. Get them rectify when you send for servicing but you may have to wait for the parts cos mostly they will tell you no stock on hand. Hence you need to head down one more time just for changing the parts.
  • Praise 1

I drove a barely 7 months old Elantra "S". However, since yesterday, I notice an audible 'whining' noise from the steerling wheel whenever I turn. It's not loud but it can be quite irritating to be heard at times.

My concern is that it could be a steerling pump issue. I could have brought it up during my next service, or see how it goes for the next few days, but it will still be quite a while before my next service.

Thank you.

This is a known issue. Covered under warranty.. Please send your car in for checking and then get them to verify the problem. They will then indent the parts from Korea. Waiting period around 4-6 weeks.

I beg to differ... Imagine using the same old ATF under singapore climate for 240,000km...

For piece of mind, I will change every 40,000km.

I was told by kmc that it will be needed to change at 100k km.

• Praise 1

I drove a barely 7 months old Elantra "S". However, since yesterday, I notice an audible 'whining' noise from the steerling wheel whenever I turn. It's not loud but it can be quite irritating to be heard at times.

My concern is that it could be a steerling pump issue. I could have brought it up during my next service, or see how it goes for the next few days, but it will still be quite a while before my next service. 

Thank you.

some quality issue many are affected or some may thought is normal so no reported yet, hope kmc get it sorted our for you. 

in fact i think this should already have recall campaign, but why kmc/hyundai still action yet ??? 

• Praise 2

Thanks to all who had advice.

Somewhat this is very disappointing for a 7 months old car. As much as I know quality issues happen, I didn't expect it to be so soon and affected so many. First time buying a Hyundai and this happens.  

I had made an appointment tomorrow at KMC tomorrow noon. Will see what they says and update here.

Hopefully the part make it in time during my next servicing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2