2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Avante has more safety features but a not so posh interior... Cerato has fewer safety features but posher interior... you decide which you like...

Cerato is based on the new generation platform cos it's a brand new model, the Avante is simply a facelift, albeit a major one, so it's still based on the old platform. The Cerato may actually feel better due to the newer platform...

Haven't driven both... but these are differences on paper...

Ain't the cerato running same engine and gearbox as previous k3? Only difference is the cosmetic design

is it a batch problem?

seems only a certain number are affected

The previous avante had the same steering rack issue too that gotta change around the 80-100k mark.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

i'm not sure if its me.

do you feel the power surge when you hit 90-100km on the speedo?

kinda adrenaline rush  :D

• Praise 1

i'm not sure if its me.

do you feel the power surge when you hit 90-100km on the speedo?

kinda adrenaline rush :D

yeah car is more willing to move 90km/h onwards
  • Praise 2

is it a batch problem?

seems only a certain number are affected

Bro Kurt,

I just went to Komoco today for the same problem:

1) Steering column problem

2) Steering ball joint problem

3) Wheel alignment problem

Problem 2 & 3 resolved but it takes the whole day. Like most bro mention problem got no parts and they need to indent and will call me when parts arrive. If your ride have some issue like these quickly go Komoco for check and rectify asap.

• Praise 2

Bro Kurt,

I just went to Komoco today for the same problem:

1) Steering column problem

2) Steering ball joint problem

3) Wheel alignment problem

Problem 2 & 3 resolved but it takes the whole day. Like most bro mention problem got no parts and they need to indent and will call me when parts arrive. If your ride have some issue like these quickly go Komoco for check and rectify asap.

It's a warranty claim... so Komoco won't stock such parts which aren't meant to fail so early in the model life... after all, Hyundai is paying for the warranty claims...

Can anyone share the parf rebate for Elantra 2018 or Avante 2019?

Curious to know since it falls under ves b

Omv is

Basic $12+k

S $14+K

Elite $17+k

Thanks but what’s the dereg value or rebate at the end of 10yrs?

My Elantra S 2017 OMV was only 12k.....PARF Rebate Amount around 9k+ at the end of the 10 years

(edited)

Dear Elantra drivers... something good to share. I always wondering why my Elantra’s pickup from stop is so slow compare to my old Altis which is also 1.6L engine. Till today I know the reason, is the engine oil!!

I was always using MOBIL GOLD 5w40 on my old Altis in the past, just did my 12k servicing today, instead of using the recommended Helix Ultra (I got last time from Giant for 30+ buck), I bring in MOBIL 5W40... after collect the car, immediately I can feel the different in engine response... much better pick-up and handling! Feel just like my old 1.6L Altis last time :).

Engine oil does make a different haha!

Edited by Vicloo
  • Praise 1

Just for sharing, those who experience air con issues, whizzing sound when switcher on to 1, it might be due to ac compressor leaking. If you go KMC on a Saturday morning, they won't be able to rectify. At most they help u pump gas as a temporary measure. My car is 1month shy of 1years old and I have been visiting KMC for several other issues too. Disappointing...

My Elantra S 2017 OMV was only 12k.....PARF Rebate Amount around 9k+ at the end of the 10 years

Omv 12k how to get 9k parf?

Dear Elantra drivers... something good to share. I always wondering why my Elantraâs pickup from stop is so slow compare to my old Altis which is also 1.6L engine. Till today I know the reason, is the engine oil!!

I was always using MOBIL GOLD 5w40 on my old Altis in the past, just did my 12k servicing today, instead of using the recommended Helix Ultra (I got last time from Giant for 30+ buck), I bring in MOBIL 5W40... after collect the car, immediately I can feel the different in engine response... much better pick-up and handling! Feel just like my old 1.6L Altis last time :).

Isnt w40 a thicker oil which ain't suitable for low mileage and new vehicles?

Dear Elantra drivers... something good to share. I always wondering why my Elantraâs pickup from stop is so slow compare to my old Altis which is also 1.6L engine. Till today I know the reason, is the engine oil!!

i do agree helix 5w40 is a bit thick compare to let say amsoil... i think most probably it is new oil change feel...

Just change new oil be it what brand of cos there is difference la, lol...

Is only that feel can last how long.

Just for sharing, those who experience air con issues, whizzing sound when switcher on to 1, it might be due to ac compressor leaking. If you go KMC on a Saturday morning, they won't be able to rectify. At most they help u pump gas as a temporary measure. My car is 1month shy of 1years old and I have been visiting KMC for several other issues too. Disappointing...

Seems these elantra got quite a numbers of problem?

Or is it certain batch problem only?

Omv 12k how to get 9k parf?

Isnt w40 a thicker oil which ain't suitable for low mileage and new vehicles?

These are the values i gotten from motorist.sg app under my registered vehicle......it should be around 50-55% of the PARF...around 6k++ only correct?

• Praise 1

Just change new oil be it what brand of cos there is difference la, lol...

Is only that feel can last how long.

Seems these elantra got quite a numbers of problem?

Or is it certain batch problem only?

Only komoco knows whether it's a batch problem or not. I doubt it's in their interest to reveal it to the public

Dear Elantra drivers... something good to share. I always wondering why my Elantra’s pickup from stop is so slow compare to my old Altis which is also 1.6L engine. Till today I know the reason, is the engine oil!!

I dont get it...how does the different types/grades of  engine oil makes a diff in the handling? 

↡ Advertisement