2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi Johnny,

Alexandra. I guess its the main branch, best to go there for a warranty job of this 'size'.

Technically steering column change will not impact the alignment. But....... maybe the steering is new and feel is different (+ I am a very sensitive driver). I somehow feel alignment is out by a little. Hope to get use to it soon.

Erm... No leh... If they change unit without straightening the wheel, ur alignment will run....
↡ Advertisement

Mine is 50 dollars from qoo10. I received it yest, never see yet but my wife installed it, said fits well.

Bought mine from Lazada. Fits perfectly. Bought at $31.90 during sales. Now is around $42.

Quality is quite good. Snap on easily. 4 pieces, for the side windows.

Can search for "Hyundai Elantra (6th Gen) 2016 - 2019 Magnetic Sunshade".

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Bought mine from Lazada. Fits perfectly. Bought at $31.90 during sales. Now is around $42.

Quality is quite good. Snap on easily. 4 pieces, for the side windows.

Can search for "Hyundai Elantra (6th Gen) 2016 - 2019 Magnetic Sunshade".

That's quite a bit cheaper. But i bought it with a cart coupon at qoo10 as well (lumped with another purchase).

Think i forgot to check lazada. 

Oh I didn't share here? Think I share in grpchat nia. Anway long story short.

I test battery with external workshop and find it dying. So since Ive an appointment to update AA, I ask them to check.

Wait for additional 2hrs after AA update, only to be told that battery tested and no issue. Ask them to show me the result since they mention its filed. They show me the result slip from the previous day (date stamp)

How u know I dun have. Lol. Assume?

I have the printed slip and dumbfounded SAs with me at the point of time

Formally. Lodge a complaint to them as well.

Mine is done and corrected during their own testing. Went testing with SA and confirm all is good.

Coming back after 2K is from another bro.

But there are also owners who reflect it just get softer but didn't went away.

Tagging on to your post, I wonder what do they test during the servicing. Sent my car for servicing back in April and they did not mention anything on battery. One week later, my car battery died, right in front of the main gate of Pek San Theng, during the Qingming Festival. Gear all locked and the car got to stay there for 45 minutes. And paid for the additional labour fee.

• Praise 1

Erm... No leh... If they change unit without straightening the wheel, ur alignment will run....

Hi, I am not an expert in this field. But from my understanding, as change of steering column did not impact the under carriage of the car, the alignment will not go off.

However, I am not sure how the installation of the steering when works. If there is a catch or what...... maybe its the steering wheel alignment out, rather than the wheel alignment.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Tagging on to your post, I wonder what do they test during the servicing. Sent my car for servicing back in April and they did not mention anything on battery. One week later, my car battery died, right in front of the main gate of Pek San Theng, during the Qingming Festival. Gear all locked and the car got to stay there for 45 minutes. And paid for the additional labour fee.

Looks like the testing of battery by kmc not really accurate?

Looks like the testing of battery by kmc not really accurate?

I doubt whether they tested or not. My mechanic once told me that the battery is weak, i ignored him and two weeks down the line, the battery died at my office car park. 

• Praise 1

Hi fellow bro/sis can I check with you all here our Elantra AD uses which denso iridium spark plug cause I came across 2 types

1) IXUH22

2) IXUH22I

Can I know which is the correct plug to use and also what is the difference between the two.

Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi fellow bro/sis can I check with you all here our Elantra AD uses which denso iridium spark plug cause I came across 2 types

1) IXUH22

2) IXUH22I

Can I know which is the correct plug to use and also what is the difference between the two.

Thanks

Hi Acewin,

I'm using IXUH22I for my car  [thumbsup]

(edited)

Just a curious questuonIridium plug change every 100k to 120k km. I plan to change every 60k to 80k km okay?

Edited by Devilcup

Hi Acewin,

I'm using IXUH22I for my car  [thumbsup]

Hi Daniel Yap,

Thanks may I know where do you buy your plug and how much they cost?

Just a curious questuonIridium plug change every 100k to 120k km. I plan to change every 60k to 80k km okay?

My previous iridium plug was in good shape after 100,000km. It's so hard and the gap remain intact.

If you think every cold start of engine has no issue, go for 120,000km.

• Praise 2

U mean they did alignment for ur car after changing the steering column?

I'm changing at Kembangan soon, they mentioned no need alignment but they will check after changing.

There dun have the alignment equipment, not sure is the reason or really dun need.

Hi Daniel Yap,

Thanks may I know where do you buy your plug and how much they cost?

Hi Acewin,

I got it at MXTRADINGS as I also buy engine oil too.

You can google for it.

:D

U mean they did alignment for ur car after changing the steering column?

I'm changing at Kembangan soon, they mentioned no need alignment but they will check after changing.

There dun have the alignment equipment, not sure is the reason or really dun need.

I did my steering wheel alignment there. So i think no issue

I did my steering wheel alignment there. So i think no issue

U mean steering wheel alignment not the usual front/back wheel alignment rite? 

I'm a bit confused [dizzy]

U mean steering wheel alignment not the usual front/back wheel alignment rite?

I'm a bit confused [dizzy]

That time my car tend to go towards left when i driving on straight road. When i went for my 10k servicing. I ask for adjustment and they do it for me. Now it dead straight now... anyway i am going to check on my steering column too as the rubbing noise is getting worse.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1