2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

5th Gear

That time my car tend to go towards left when i driving on straight road. When i went for my 10k servicing. I ask for adjustment and they do it for me. Now it dead straight now... anyway i am going to check on my steering column too as the rubbing noise is getting worse.

Collected my AD last year August. Did my 20k servicing at alexandra yesterday. Told them to check on my steering column after reading abt it here.

Service advisor mentioned most 2018 batches will be affected. But for mine, they detected no sound. Told me to monitor, got sound go back change. Haiz, should just change for all 2018 as a factory recall.

Supersonic

Collected my AD last year August. Did my 20k servicing at alexandra yesterday. Told them to check on my steering column after reading abt it here.

Service advisor mentioned most 2018 batches will be affected. But for mine, they detected no sound. Told me to monitor, got sound go back change. Haiz, should just change for all 2018 as a factory recall.

Your car is 2018 but steering column no sound? Wonder does it affect certain months of car in 2018 or whole of 2018?

Your car is 2018 but steering column no sound? Wonder does it affect certain months of car in 2018 or whole of 2018?

Does the sound comes after your turn on the ignition?

Experienced it this morning, mine is a May 2018 AD

Its just a matter of time before the sounds come.

Not sure if Hyundai manufactured the parts themselves or not. I believe the steering column were purchased in bulk from a third party supplier in Korea by Hyundai. But even if they manufactured this part themselves. It depends a lot on the component purchased. And guess it happened in a specific batch of components that they got. 

Not sure if left hand or right hand drive steering column is the same. If different, I am pretty sure majority of the 2018 batch will 'kena' this issue in Singapore. Mine was a Sept 2018 car........ (actually was supposed to collect in August but I dragged a bit), so I will say 2018 AD August batch will get this problem as well.

Just have to monitor. Can easier hear the sound when turning. There was a fellow gentleman in the Elantra/Avente club (in FB) posting a video. You can watch that....... its the same sound I got.

Not sure if Hyundai manufactured the parts themselves or not. I believe the steering column were purchased in bulk from a third party supplier in Korea by Hyundai. But even if they manufactured this part themselves. It depends a lot on the component purchased. And guess it happened in a specific batch of components that they got.

Not sure if left hand or right hand drive steering column is the same. If different, I am pretty sure majority of the 2018 batch will 'kena' this issue in Singapore. Mine was a Sept 2018 car........ (actually was supposed to collect in August but I dragged a bit), so I will say 2018 AD August batch will get this problem as well.

Just have to monitor. Can easier hear the sound when turning. There was a fellow gentleman in the Elantra/Avente club (in FB) posting a video. You can watch that....... its the same sound I got.

Can post the link to video? I am having sept 2018 batch. Hear no sound

That time my car tend to go towards left when i driving on straight road. When i went for my 10k servicing. I ask for adjustment and they do it for me. Now it dead straight now... anyway i am going to check on my steering column too as the rubbing noise is getting worse.

is it a gradual left? It seems like my previous MD and AD seems to have the same issue. Straight road but will got left, need to counter by turning steering a little to the right.

KMC realigned yr steering or did a new wheel alignment + steering for u?

I doubt whether they tested or not. My mechanic once told me that the battery is weak, i ignored him and two weeks down the line, the battery died at my office car park.

Nowadays they use a battery tester with a printable readout for you... can't bluff whether battery dying or not... I got AA to change my battery... they did a test first before agreeing to change... they only change if their test shows the battery to be weak... which is very professional and helps pre-empt any unhappiness and whether the car owner got ketok or not...

I dont think they manufacure every single part themselves. 

is it a gradual left? It seems like my previous MD and AD seems to have the same issue. Straight road but will got left, need to counter by turning steering a little to the right.

KMC realigned yr steering or did a new wheel alignment + steering for u?

I not sure what they did actually but i no need to counter steer after that. Normally the workshop will check the wheel alignment then check the steering wheel. It should a whole package thing

Can post the link to video? I am having sept 2018 batch. Hear no sound

It's a close group to that link. Thus not able to post.

Btw, if there is no sound, just ignored it. If it comes, then quickly take action. No point worrying about something yet to happen.

I personally believe it's a batch issue, so meaning to say the batch that uses this steering column will have this issue. It depend on your luck, maybe though 2018 Elantra, yours happen to use the column from another batch.

They still have to order parts for you. After that still have to wait somemore. Might as well go ASAP for them to diagnosis.

Hear the sound. Nov 2018 batch.
Will ask them to diagnose on 10K servicing next month.