2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hear the sound. Nov 2018 batch.

Will ask them to diagnose on 10K servicing next month.

I agree with Roger.

Since it will have to be a two trips thingy. Suggest you go and get it check first and order the parts (took about 4-6 weeks to come), so that next month when you do your 10k service the part will be here and you can quickly have it changed.

The check is actually quite fast, I go around lunch time (with booking), went for my lunch, come back and it's checked. They are so familiar with this fault that they just need some technician to turn the steering and confirm only. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hear the sound. Nov 2018 batch.

Will ask them to diagnose on 10K servicing next month.

Not only Nov 2018 batch. Mine collected Aug 2018 also have this issue.

Changing this Saturday at Kembangan.  [drivingcar]

Is it true that Elantra no need to chg Power Steering Fluid bcos using electric powered steering?

that is true. No fluid inside electronic ones

I not sure what they did actually but i no need to counter steer after that. Normally the workshop will check the wheel alignment then check the steering wheel. It should a whole package thing

I see. For my AD Jun 2015, also got sound but only when doing fast turn. If not, dont have much sound.

Now my MD Oct/Nov 2018 seems to have sound even for a slow turn e.g turning into carpark from main road(90 deg turn). Is this considered abnormal for u guys?

My AD also had the car going left & need to counter with steering slightly to the right issue. KMC did full alignment x 2-3 times, electronic steering calibration(but screw up the neutral position big time), change front suspension also no use. My MD oct/nov 2018 also had this phenomenon, I thought it it just embedded from kim chi cars or something. damn frustrating.

Other than @devilcup experiencing this steering phenomenon, anyone else has same observation for Ad or MD?

I see. For my AD Jun 2015, also got sound but only when doing fast turn. If not, dont have much sound.

Now my MD Oct/Nov 2018 seems to have sound even for a slow turn e.g turning into carpark from main road(90 deg turn). Is this considered abnormal for u guys?

My AD also had the car going left & need to counter with steering slightly to the right issue. KMC did full alignment x 2-3 times, electronic steering calibration(but screw up the neutral position big time), change front suspension also no use. My MD oct/nov 2018 also had this phenomenon, I thought it it just embedded from kim chi cars or something. damn frustrating.

Other than @devilcup experiencing this steering phenomenon, anyone else has same observation for Ad or MD?

I think you can try going outside to get the alignment check and straighten.

Once you go outside let others do, komoco can always say that the outside people screw up. Therefore I think the risk not worth it . Of course komoco can always help to rectify on goodwill.

Once you go outside let others do, komoco can always say that the outside people screw up. Therefore I think the risk not worth it . Of course komoco can always help to rectify on goodwill.

Alignment and change original parts outside which worse??? If really like that to reject warranty... i nothing to say

If KMC cant do it and u one manage to do it outside, really need to spit smelly saliva at them.

But as u mentioned u ask KMC do steering adjustment for u previously? KMC just align yr steering thats all?

Fear mongering 

For my previous hyundai car, my steering got some squeaky sound when turning.. the car was around 2-3years old iirc. For convenience sake, I get my usual mechanic to try resolving the issue. They tried greasing the steering components etc but the sound still persist. I finally took it to Komoco and they resolve it under warranty for me without any fuss.

Alignment and change original parts outside which worse??? If really like that to reject warranty... i nothing to say

alignment outside shouldn't be much of a problem. Changing of parts e.g. wear & tear like brake pads, wiper, tyres, shouldnt be a problem as well as other parts are cover by warranty.

If KMC cant do it and u one manage to do it outside, really need to spit smelly saliva at them.

But as u mentioned u ask KMC do steering adjustment for u previously? KMC just align yr steering thats all?

Let me check if they write in service form. I do know what they actually do

They may or may not void. Still feel its best you dun let outside WS touch your car. What for go into a grey area and later result in argurements? Not worth it.

Yes...They do it for you. Can you gurantee that if others follow you, Komoco will still honour the warranty?

And if sway sway komoco say so, can you help?

Oh...Try to answer the questions before diverting the topic away.

Fear mongering 

For my previous hyundai car, my steering got some squeaky sound when turning.. the car was around 2-3years old iirc. For convenience sake, I get my usual mechanic to try resolving the issue. They tried greasing the steering components etc but the sound still persist. I finally took it to Komoco and they resolve it under warranty for me without any fuss.

Is it true that Elantra no need to chg Power Steering Fluid bcos using electric powered steering?

Yes, the steering is electronic powered steering.

I think you mean electric power steering... versus hydraulic power steering in the past...

Haha, yes. You are sharp to spot that typo. :)

The rear solar film's reddish tint, does it become no tint? Quite intrigued why other cars have but mine doesnt, was quite sure there was a red tint.

I think the reddish tint is only observable under certain circumstances, eg, parking your car under sunlight and you have water on the windows. 

Guys, one more quick question.

For this 2016-2018 Elantra, what is the wheel lug sizes? M12 x 1.5 , is this correct?

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement