2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

(edited)

First time new car buyer. Abit confused by this "name your bid" thing with Komoco despite sitting down with SE earlier today. Any kind soul can elaborate? So if I call 20k COE so long as successful bid is around there AD will absorb the difference if slightly higher than the called amount?

And adjust down the final sale price if lower than my called amount?

And will refund me the deposit if fail to secure after 6 bids?

Just a marketing gimmick... go down, they will give you a price with a COE rebate level... this rebate level is basically if the actual COE premium falls below that value, they refund you the difference. Usually it's pegged so low, it won't happen... they'll also give you their estimated COE premium prediction usually... there's this 'name your COE premium' gimmick cos no one is really certain which way the premium will move... so you can actually ask for a lower or higher bid. Lower bid means says if they offer you $75,000, but you prefer $70,000 that means you're asking them to bid $5000 below their expected price... if the COE remains at the current level or drops, you're likely to get the COE cos at $70,000 if they accept your offer, means they have enough margin to get your COE... although you may not get it this round cos they may have other orders with higher margins or running out of bidding cycles to fulfil dips.. but if they say too low, no chance at all, you can still insist on it I suppose, but then again, you have to live with this for the next 6 bidding cycles. If anytime during the 6 bidding cycles, the COE plunges, then you'll get the car... if not wait until the 6 cycles are over coe get your deposit back with some interest lor... ha ha ha... so you want low low price, be prepared to wait long long or never... coe you get lowest priority lar... usually if you take what they offer in terms of price, the chances of getting your car is pretty good... Komoco would have done their homework and worked out how much they need as a margin to bid to obtain the COE with reasonable flexibility to take into account COE premium increases lor... Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

Renewing my insurance for my one year old Elantra. Do u guys get “any workshop” insurance for your Hyundais so that u go back to Komoco for repair in case of accident? Heard that Komoco doesnt handle third party claims, should we still get “any workshop” insurance?

• Praise 1

Renewing my insurance for my one year old Elantra. Do u guys get “any workshop” insurance for your Hyundais so that u go back to Komoco for repair in case of accident? Heard that Komoco doesnt handle third party claims, should we still get “any workshop” insurance?

I stand corrected with my understanding.

"Any workshop" refers to you can send your car into any workshop for repairs in an unfortunate event of an accident.

"Does not handle third party claims" refers to, KMC will only claim own damage for the accident repairs. Afterwhich, you are required to make a third party claim against the other party's insurer assuming the other party is found to be at fault.

I would still opt to go for "any workshop" repairs if the vehicle is still under warranty.

For those who just got their Hyundai cars, anyone got their insurance cover (KMC insist i get AXA) as well? It has been 3 weeks and i've not received anything (nor is there any insurance policy in my AXA portal). Just wondering if this is normal or i'm the exception

• Praise 1

Hi, I plan to change rim and/or tyre once i collect my Avante S model. So looking for interested party who wants to change or upgrade to 16" rim n tyreWith tyres (Kumho ES01 KH27- fuel saving tyre) (205/55R16) and rims

Condition: Excellent (9.9/10)
Rim size:16" PCD 5x114.3 

Upon collection of new car by this weekend, the original sport rim will be removed.

Pm me for rim design and price. Tks 

• Praise 1

guys, how to read komoco price list now?

it is excluding coe? and there are other component like trade in rebate and other rebate... 

for example, avante auto 79999 list price, after all rebate becomes 51999

if no trade in, then is 66999

if add coe, maybe says 25k, becomes 91999???

how come so expensive now?

i got my elantra last year at 71999 all in only

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I have recently sold my Elantra and would like to let go of the 2-yr maintenance service planner I have purchased from Komoco. I think I have only used once service package B, can’t remember if I have used 1x air-con service but I will check if there’s a serious buyer.

https://www.hyundai.com/sg/#/servicepackage/

I only used it 1 time so the leftover 1.5yr is worth about $750. I am willing to let it go cheap, as much as 50% off. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it is not and please move my post to the appropriate forum. Thanks guys!

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I have recently sold my Elantra and would like to let go of the 2-yr maintenance service planner I have purchased from Komoco. I think I have only used once service package B, canât remember if I have used 1x air-con service but I will check if thereâs a serious buyer.

https://www.hyundai.com/sg/#/servicepackage/

I only used it 1 time so the leftover 1.5yr is worth about $750. I am willing to let it go cheap, as much as 50% off. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it is not and please move my post to the appropriate forum. Thanks guys! ð

Hi so what’s the package price? Also how many times left for 1.5years
  • Praise 1

Hi so whatâs the package price? Also how many times left for 1.5years

2 year service package price should be $988, 4 times.

Quick question, any elite owners changed the led drl before?

How much does each side cost, and where did you change it?

• Praise 1

Quick question, any elite owners changed the led drl before?

How much does each side cost, and where did you change it?

Each side cost around $1,200 from kmc.

Each side cost around $1,200 from kmc.

[shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

pardon my ignorance, but that amount for something that can't even last 2 years....

• Praise 1

[shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

pardon my ignorance, but that amount for something that can't even last 2 years....

Apparently when I shared them DRL doesn't last, I got blasted down. Saying that LED can last long long.

Apparently when I shared them DRL doesn't last, I got blasted down. Saying that LED can last long long.

LED DRL quite new in mainstream brand cars... so I think not clear whether there are significant number of owners who need replacements... Audi started the trend more than 10 years ago... do their DRLs fail easily? No data for that to my knowledge... mine are still ok after 3 years... my Dad's car also ok after 3.5 years... different makes, one Hyundai the other Renault...

Hi so whatâs the package price? Also how many times left for 1.5years

Thanks bro 13177 for replying about the package price.

Indeed it’s $988 before GST for Komoco 2-Yr service planner. Price is about $1050 with GST.

3 times car servicing left, 1 x package B and 2 x the more expensive package C

Also 2 x air con cleaning left

This service planner started on 12th Mar this year and must be used in 24mths.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2