2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

On 9/4/2019 at 10:03 PM, Aspros_helios said:

Just a few times din notice a hump and went over it.  my mechanic checked and its the back suspension. He says no big issue. But if the noise gets louder and I cannot tahan the noise then change lor.

But my ride does not have the signs and symptoms of bad suspension like 

1. Vehicle is tilting to one side

2. Uneven tire wear

3. Vehicle bouncing more while driving

4. Vehicle bottoming out

Can any experienced bros enlighten me?

What is the experience that led you to consult the shock absorbers? Noise when you go over the hump?

↡ Advertisement

On 9/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, Advancer said:

May i check if there is any way to activate beep sound when locking/unlocking the car with the key or button on car handle?

It currently has no sound at all.

Referring to Avante 2019 S model.

The system isn't connected to a speaker so there's no sound output... my previous system was like that, so I connected to my car horn lor... but I regretted it cos it was too loud... you probably can get it wired up outside for about $100... this is provided the system actually provides an audio signal when you press the buttons on your key fob...

On 9/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, teomingern said:

What is the experience that led you to consult the shock absorbers? Noise when you go over the hump?

Went to my mechanic. He tested and said the back suspension a bit soft. Anyway sent to kmc, they said something abt the stabilizer. They rectified it FOC.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:10 PM, Aspros_helios said:

Hi, i got a 2016 elantra. Abt 3 yrs now and seems like suspension/absorbers are wearing out and have knock knock when driving. Any bros got this issue? Is it under warranty?

It seems that your front lower arm bushing is wearing out thus have knock knock sound. Need to be lifted up and check

Dear brothers and sisters,

A bit off topic. I am two year Elantra owner.

Yesterday I went for car servicing at Alexandra and did a YouTube video on the good food and services rendered.

https://youtu.be/wMJgNhsqkBU

Appreciate you can subscribe and support if you like my channel 🙂

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Carcarcarcarcarcar said:

Hi, anybody knows what this is? It beeps everything I slow down/ brake... irritating the shit out of me...

test.jpg

Looks like a sensor proximity detector. I would think the sensor detect the road intermittently and beep. This is a known problem for such proximity limitation. Just ignore it or cover with a soft cloth to filter the beeps.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, King1979 said:

Dear brothers and sisters,

A bit off topic. I am two year Elantra owner.

Yesterday I went for car servicing at Alexandra and did a YouTube video on the good food and services rendered.

https://youtu.be/wMJgNhsqkBU

Appreciate you can subscribe and support if you like my channel 🙂

Cheers!

Ismail the service boss still there? Great guy!

On 11/28/2019 at 12:05 PM, Kklim said:

Ismail the service boss still there? Great guy!

Was told he is still around when I went to service my car 2 days back.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, wangxiaodi said:

Hi, the elantra AD, how is it compared to the MD model? 

Better FC? Bigger tank? More reliable? 

I am currently driving used MD 2011 model. 

FC abour 13 km per litre. 

My AD averages about 11.5km/l (70% city, 30% highway) to 12.5km/l (50% city, 50% highway).

Cant comment on reliability as my ride is still new and have not owned the previous MD Elantra before.

Edited by Ahtea

18 hours ago, Ahtea said:

My AD averages about 11.5km/l (70% city, 30% highway) to 12.5km/l (50% city, 50% highway).

Cant comment on reliability as my ride is still new and have not owned the previous MD Elantra before.

I see. Not really the best FC. But I guess u are doing more city short distance drive I guess. Thanks for sharing. 

On 11/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, wangxiaodi said:

I see. Not really the best FC. But I guess u are doing more city short distance drive I guess. Thanks for sharing. 

Yes, my drives are usually short city drives. Only during weekends will tend to travel further on the expressways.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, Matrix0405 said:

What time does LengKee workshop open for (regular) servicing on Sunday? Do they accept walk-in w/o appointment? breakfast provided? 

If I am not wrong, they start operations 9am on Sunday.

Only simple servicing (non-major ones). Recommended to have booking. No breakfast provided, but if you reach around lunch time, lunch is provided.

↡ Advertisement