2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Just hard to believe that you need not have to change yr auto transmission ATF. When the auto transmission is in actions , there is a tendency to breath in dirt into the system because  the auto transmission is NOT 100% seal.

↡ Advertisement

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:09 PM, Alg said:

My stock AD rear car cam the video is inverted on the screen, anyone know how to set? Thanks 

There is a switch on the rear camera itself. You just need to switch it to the other direction.

Believe there's only one switch so should not miss it.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, Xenotech said:

There is a switch on the rear camera itself. You just need to switch it to the other direction.

Believe there's only one switch so should not miss it.

Thanks. I managed to get it back to normal.

Anyone experienced weird sounds when turning the steering wheel?

I went back to Komoco 3 times to fix it already and they had to change some parts. Recently the sound came back again for the fourth time in less than 2 years of owning the car.

Edited by limy10

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:46 AM, limy10 said:

Anyone experienced weird sounds when turning the steering wheel?

I went back to Komoco 3 times to fix it already and they had to change some parts. Recently the sound came back again for the fourth time in less than 2 years of owning the car.

Hi, is yours a 2018 Elantra? There is a well know problem to the steering column.

Not sure what part you changed at KMC but need to change the whole column. This is a well known problem in 2018 batch, and KMC should be able to fix this issue. The only downside is that parts have to be ordered from Korea, and it will typically take 4-6 weeks before the arrival.

Half a day job at KMC.  

1 hour ago, Cyclohexane said:

Hi guys,

my Elantra (2018) has pretty bad FC. According to the dashboard I am getting 14km/100km. Is this normal? 
like not right leh... 

Cyclohexane:  "I am getting 14km/100km on dashboard"

What you're getting is 1L/14km display on dashboard. Do your manual calculation is best. Record every tank of petrol in litres pump. Before your next tank pump, calculate the distance travelled/litres of petrol = fuel consumption. Repeat for the next 3-4 tank pump to get average of fuel consumption.

2018 Elantra should get between 12.5 to 14.5 km per litre

Edited by Tcx607

On 3/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tcx607 said:

What you're getting is 1L/14km display on dashboard. Do your manual calculation is best. Record every tank of petrol in litres pump. Before your next tank pump, calculate the distance travelled/litres of petrol = fuel consumption. Repeat for the next 3-4 tank pump to get average of fuel consumption.

Ok. Shall take a look again when I refuel. But what are u guys getting? I’ve seen some folks car getting 6.7L/100km. 
wonder if there is anything wrong with my ride

35 minutes ago, Cyclohexane said:

Ok. Shall take a look again when I refuel. But what are u guys getting? I’ve seen some folks car getting 6.7L/100km. 

More likely to be something wrong with your heavy footed driving.

Ha ha

I started getting 14km per litre during the  1~1K mileage. I think it's the engine oil from factory initially has low viscosity. After 1st servicing, the mileage drop to 13~13.5km per litre. I guess Komoco service use the Shell Helix oil which I think it is a thicker oil resulted the increase of fuel consumption. However, I have tried driving NSH and the FC is 17km per litre.

Edited by Tcx607

On 3/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tcx607 said:

Indeed, 14km/l is very good for 1.6l NA engine. Want anything more than 15 need to get hybrid cars liao 😄

On 3/21/2020 at 3:39 PM, Cyclohexane said:

No lar... nothing wrong lar... you're driving in traffic and short distances... to get what you quoted you've got to do like 90% highway lor... I can get 17 km/L on my Sonata 2.0 L NA engine if I drive in the early morning hours highway from PIE and KJE lor... but during my usual drive to work, I at most get 10-11 km/L which normal for 2.0 L engine... so don't worry about your car... perfectly normal and very good fuel economy...

Agree with Mingern. Yours is normal. Sometimes these kind of FC info with important facts behind but not fully shared. Such as almost entire route is highway, drive at snail speed and never turn on aircon etc. So can be misleading just by disclosing the FC number and nothing else  

On 3/20/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ignatova said:

Hi guys! Just bought Hyundai Avante 2016. Do you know if there is a way to install CarPlay or/and Android Auto? 

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_8603.JPG

Wah bro! That's one dusty interior! Wipe down man! 🙂

↡ Advertisement