2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

On 3/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tcx607 said:

Cyclohexane:  "I am getting 14km/100km on dashboard"

What you're getting is 1L/14km display on dashboard. Do your manual calculation is best. Record every tank of petrol in litres pump. Before your next tank pump, calculate the distance travelled/litres of petrol = fuel consumption. Repeat for the next 3-4 tank pump to get average of fuel consumption.

2018 Elantra should get between 12.5 to 14.5 km per litre

Ok. Shall take a look again when I refuel. But what are u guys getting? I’ve seen some folks car getting 6.7L/100km. 
wonder if there is anything wrong with my ride

just pumped petrol again...previously pumped 33L. Travelled 362km. So that means I am getting 11km/L?

↡ Advertisement

Cyclohexane, you're correct the last tank mileage clocked was 11km/L.

Continue to monitor for next 3 to 4 tank pump. You should know your fuel consumption based on your driving pattern. Just curious, do you always drive very short trip (less than 5km journey) and mainly city drive with many jams and waiting time?

Edited by Tcx607

17 hours ago, Cyclohexane said:

Ok. Shall take a look again when I refuel. But what are u guys getting? I’ve seen some folks car getting 6.7L/100km. 
wonder if there is anything wrong with my ride

just pumped petrol again...previously pumped 33L. Travelled 362km. So that means I am getting 11km/L?

FC varies a fair bit because of driving and travelling patterns.

For my case, I average about 10-12km/l per tank depending on the ratio of trips. If I am doing ~80 (city)/20 (highway), it will be around 10-10.5. If ~60 (city)/40 (highway), the FC will be about 12-12.5km/l. 

Your 11km/l is still quite decent. No need to be too worried unless you start to see a low single digit FC (km/l). 

Anyone know any workshop to change Hyundai Front gill? I've a workshop that quoted me SGD $100 w/o GST and my JB workshop quoted me $100 Ringgit. Now that JB is closed, I'm hoping someone has some freelance contacts or workshops that can do it cheaper.

Neutral Newbie

Actually what is the different between Elantra Gls S vs GLS elite? Currently looking at used elantra but don't really understand the difference. Any kind soul can explain how many version elantra out there and their differencea? Thank you 

On 4/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, Cw1985 said:

Actually what is the different between Elantra Gls S vs GLS elite? Currently looking at used elantra but don't really understand the difference. Any kind soul can explain how many version elantra out there and their differencea? Thank you 

S vs Elite

1) 15" vs 16" Rims
2) No LED DRL vs LED DRL
3) Matt grille vs Glossy grille
4) Non automatic/dual zone aircon vs Automatic/Dual zone aircon

Above are some of the differences.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:25 PM, Ahtea said:

S vs Elite

1) 15" vs 16" Rims
2) No LED DRL vs LED DRL
3) Matt grille vs Glossy grille
4) Non automatic/dual zone aircon vs Automatic/Dual zone aircon

Above are some of the differences.

It really depend on which year the Elantra is. There's a huge difference. The 2018 model difference is even greater. I drove one so I know the difference. Those before that I am unsure but there seems to be more features on the S as the price is much higher.

- Electric seat for Elite, manual for S

- Drive mode (eco, normal, sport) for Elite, NA for S

- Leather steering wrap for Elite, NA for S.

I kind of regret getting a S, should have Cheong for an Elite instead, haha........ but what done cannot be undone.

4 hours ago, Xenotech said:

It really depend on which year the Elantra is. There's a huge difference. The 2018 model difference is even greater. I drove one so I know the difference. Those before that I am unsure but there seems to be more features on the S as the price is much higher.

- Electric seat for Elite, manual for S

- Drive mode (eco, normal, sport) for Elite, NA for S

- Leather steering wrap for Elite, NA for S.

I kind of regret getting a S, should have Cheong for an Elite instead, haha........ but what done cannot be undone.

I had sold my 2018 elite and if my memory serves me well, the blind spot detection is not available on S. Correct me if Im wrong 😅

On 4/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Splinter said:

I had sold my 2018 elite and if my memory serves me well, the blind spot detection is not available on S. Correct me if Im wrong 😅

Yes, and also other things like auto headlights, chromatic rear view mirror.

I cant rmb if BSD was subsequently removed towards the end of the model life. I do recall KMC plugged quite a fair bit of features, making the Elite very much less worth than the S. 

Edited by Ahtea

On 4/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, Cw1985 said:

What year is it?

AD early models do not come with keyless entry, push start button for S until mid 2017 moels, while it is standard for elite throughout.

3 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Yes, and also other things like auto headlights, chromatic rear view mirror.

I cant rmb if BSD was subsequently removed towards the end of the model life. I do recall KMC plugged quite a fair bit of features, making the Elite very much less worth than the S. 

I think after my batch (May 2017), many of the elite features were removed as part of the refresh to meet emission standards. BSD is one of it. 

They did add Carplay and Android Auto as part of the refresh though. Mine came with an aftermarket headunit. 

Hi guys,

I noticed that my elantra speedo seems to be off. Using a GPS app I am going at 79 but at the speedo I am going at almost 90. My gut feel is that the soeedo is off cos when I go at 90 it really feels like it is not going at 90 (My last ride was a altis) at all. U guys face the same issue? 

2 hours ago, Cyclohexane said:

Hi guys,

I noticed that my elantra speedo seems to be off. Using a GPS app I am going at 79 but at the speedo I am going at almost 90. My gut feel is that the soeedo is off cos when I go at 90 it really feels like it is not going at 90 (My last ride was a altis) at all. U guys face the same issue? 

You feel that the Altis is really going at 90km/h is likely because Altis is light wright (at least for the earlier generations).

Did you try the same GPS in another car to see if the speed matches it speedo?

On 4/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Cyclohexane said:

Hi guys,

Oh, this one I know.  Korean Car followed European standard closely and they do not do localisation of features for others country one.  LTA never has a very specified on speedo, they only said car ought to have a speedo ba .....heee

Hence there is a built-in error of +5km/h into speedo lor.

As for the other error, GPS is ground speed, the assumption is that you are on leveled ground lor.  I would assumed you are driving a slightly slope road.  It is actually very difficult to find a really really flat road lor ........

Jap car generally don't have this feature lor.  Because if you are driving at 90km/h you confirmed cannot kenna a 90km/h speed cam ........ EXCEPT SLE.... ya.

My 2 Kia also have this FEATURE lor .....heeee

On 4/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Cyclohexane said:

Hi guys,

Same same... my speedometer shows 90 km/h but my GPS on the in-car entertainment unit or Google Maps on my phone shows 80 km/h... a difference of 10 km/h... I think it's normal... I don't know if the GPS is able to give you an accurate speed or not... this difference in speed doesn't vary... at any speed or any location - even during North-South Highway drives... when was driving in Perth end 2019, I was driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (current model) and used offline Google Maps, I wasn't able to get the GPS speeds so I can't tell if it affects other models... in 2018 I drove a Vauxhall Ibiza in UK & and a Renault Clio in France / Switzerland, and used Google Maps (via mobile data), I didn't notice the discrepancy... my dad's Renault Fluence doesn't seem to have this problem... maybe unique to Hyundai cars in Singapore?

Hi All Elantra Owners,

I would like to check with all on this finding on my 2018 Elantra and its goes on as:

My Elantra comes with the stock 45Ah battery and I had a flat battery on end Feb 2020 so no choice call up a friends recommendation for on site rescue, guy came and tell me this model is actually a 60Ah size and can accommodate it as KMC wants to cut cost so put a 45Ah in my 2018 car. As I am stuck here and also not much choice as I need to get the car moving to run my errands. So change to a 60Ah battery base on his recommendation.

The strange thing I notice is after this change my fuel consumption starts to increase although all my daily driving route and habit remains the same.

Before change my FC on my odometer was 6.4L/100Km for a long time

After change new battery my FC records 7.0 to 7.2L/100Km

Would like to find out from all Elantra owners does anyone experience FC increase after a battery size upgrade or something wrong with my ride. My ride mileage currently is 60K.

All sharing is welcome.

Thanks

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Acewin said:

Hi All Elantra Owners,

I would like to check with all on this finding on my 2018 Elantra and its goes on as:

My Elantra comes with the stock 45Ah battery and I had a flat battery on end Feb 2020 so no choice call up a friends recommendation for on site rescue, guy came and tell me this model is actually a 60Ah size and can accommodate it as KMC wants to cut cost so put a 45Ah in my 2018 car. As I am stuck here and also not much choice as I need to get the car moving to run my errands. So change to a 60Ah battery base on his recommendation.

The strange thing I notice is after this change my fuel consumption starts to increase although all my daily driving route and habit remains the same.

Before change my FC on my odometer was 6.4L/100Km for a long time

After change new battery my FC records 7.0 to 7.2L/100Km

Would like to find out from all Elantra owners does anyone experience FC increase after a battery size upgrade or something wrong with my ride. My ride mileage currently is 60K.

All sharing is welcome.

Thanks

Maybe ECU got reset after battery change? Might need some time to get used to your driving style again.

↡ Advertisement