2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Tks bro! That's good then n just on airbags alone it already beats the Altis so don't see why it would not sell well. With a price diff of Around $10k (?) n more airbags, it's not only a Civic killer but potential Altis one as well

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The problem is for many Toyota buyer, when they saw the brand Hyundai. 1st thinking is lousy Korea car, without even checking or trying to understand more.

I don't agree the mentality of "cos it's a Hyundai n not a Toyota so it's not up to mark"

I do admit that track record does swing in favour of the more established brands but i personally am willing to give the newer brands a chance if price, equipment level n no adverse reports I know of. Hyundai I've not read of adverse reports unlike some French brands n a certain German brand with the GB issue, so why discriminate against them i can't understand so we shall see soon if Singaporean buyers think like me.

• Praise 6

Tks bro! That's good then n just on airbags alone it already beats the Altis so don't see why it would not sell well. With a price diff of Around $10k (?) n more airbags, it's not only a Civic killer but potential Altis one as well

• Praise 2

Tks bro! That's good then n just on airbags alone it already beats the Altis so don't see why it would not sell well. With a price diff of Around $10k (?) n more airbags, it's not only a Civic killer but potential Altis one as wellð

Well. Mind us this is singapore. Branding plays lor unfrtunately. Haha.

Ang mos appreciates value and specs. Haha.

Singapore see brand. Haiz.

But heck i wish this car sells well.

Ex avante owner here so hope to see elantra does well too.

• Praise 3

Tks bro! That's good then n just on airbags alone it already beats the Altis so don't see why it would not sell well. With a price diff of Around $10k (?) n more airbags, it's not only a Civic killer but potential Altis one as wellð

With all the tech upgrades, memory seat and simi heated seat already win Liao.

Only 4.2inch so not sure about GPS.

• Praise 1

Please lar... St buyer especially altis buyer don't even care it doesn't come with traction control, you think they care about 6 airbags?.. I ever ask one Altis driver does he knows the use of traction control and his reply was ' no problem lar, I don't do hard corner, so don't need' ... So I guess he doesn't need airbag also ..Hehehe .. .

For me buying a car now, without at least 6 airbag, ESP, traction control etc....Straight away NO GO for me.

I don't need those cruise control, or lane departure. I don't like to use cruise control. But the above mention is the basic safety that all car should equip nowsaday.

• Praise 2

Actually I was referring more to marginal buyers who are likely to buy a Hyundai.

Admittedly, branding plays a part if you can afford it but for most buyers, $ rules and as it is so expensive to buy a car here, why pay more for a lesser product albeit branded. Anyway that was my thinking when I first bought a car years ago as I wanted to make my $ stretch n was not so bothered about which brand it was. If I can save a few k buying an Elantra over an Altis with lesser features, it will be a no brainer for me!!

• Praise 6

With all the tech upgrades, memory seat and simi heated seat already win Liao.

Only 4.2inch so not sure about GPS.

4.2inch is supervision cluster (the speedometer center area), the difference between 'S' Trim vs Elite is DOT LCD vs 5" LCD

• Praise 2

For me buying a car now, without at least 6 airbag, ESP, traction control etc....Straight away NO GO for me.

I don't need those cruise control, or lane departure. I don't like to use cruise control. But the above mention is the basic safety that all car should equip nowsaday.

Safety features like 6 airbags, better not save on it. It's like insurance, you pay for it and wish you don't need to use it, but when you need to, you're glad you paid for it. How much does 6 airbags cost anyway, 5k more? Still have to divide over 10 years.

• Praise 3

Yalor, me too, don't need those mumbo jumbo stuff which 99% of the time, driver won't be using.... I really don't know why need cruise control since it might even cause driver to doze off... Hehehe....

Well. Buying a car is quite similar in buying a house. For e.g. let assume the new Elantra elite is a HDB in Punggol and it is next to MRT and amenities. and Toyota is HDB at Tiong bahru  but a bit distant away from MRT and amenities and have to walk quite a distant or take bus to reach MRT. But yet why people would rather buy the house at Tiong Bahru than Punggol? Well it is depend on individual requirement.

Our logical thinking is telling us that any HDB near amenities and cheap should be a good buy but why still have many people think that house in Tiong Bahru is better option. Maybe some people think that it can fetch higher resale value if you want to sell away due to higher demand in the mass market or what so ever reason. So same goes to Toyota, when you ask people about resale value of Toyota and Hyundai, most of the people will tell you Toyota has higher value. So for those people who buy car they will be thinking the exist plan like either they don't want to drive car anymore or they want to change their ride at any point of time. They want to recover as much as possible when they want to sell the car.

And now, if Punggol flat and Tiong Bahru cost the same, so which flat will you buy now? So the same question but different example, if Elantra  cost the same as Alties, which will you buy? 

• Praise 2

4.2inch is supervision cluster (the speedometer center area), the difference between 'S' Trim vs Elite is DOT LCD vs 5" LCD

3.5 inch for the S and 4.2 inch for the Elite. Not much difference in size.

• Praise 2

According to a Hyundai SE, the engine is carried over from previous generation, i.e MPI.

Korean market is getting the 1.6 GDI version.

• Praise 1

Yalor, me too, don't need those mumbo jumbo stuff which 99% of the time, driver won't be using.... I really don't know why need cruise control since it might even cause driver to doze off... Hehehe....

Mce kpe lo. Extremely useful.

Cars in showroom.

List price 92k and 100k for 2 versions.

The base really bare wor. Seats not even leather sia.

Price definately needs adjustment.

Maybe those r really just list price

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1