2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I just test drove the new Elantra. Sport mode is great. Aircon also good. Seat quite hard. Host of new features. Pigu got aircon. Light steering. Behind damn spacious, family sure like it many many.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone know the size of the boot space? US spec lists it as 400L, which seem quite small when comparing it to other compact sedan like Altis and Civic.

It's big enough. Prob u should come down and take a look instead of looking at the monitor.

Anyone know the size of the boot space? US spec lists it as 400L, which seem quite small when comparing it to other compact sedan like Altis and Civic.

It's big enough. Prob u should come down and take a look instead of looking at the monitor. 398l and 400l u can see from the monitor? Lol
  • Praise 1

Front and rear fogs are useless in SG. I rather they remove it and give a few k discount instead.

Auto windows on all sides is nice but not necessary. Drivers side is enough.

The 2 buttons on the sides of the gear stick should be for heated and ventilated seats.

Personally ventilated seats also useless. In 7.5 yrs i have used the ventilated seats on my Teana not more than 2 times in first 2 months just to try out the gimmick. After a while you will forget that the feature exists in the car. Edited by Nav14

Saw the new elantra

$92800

The exterior SO so only

Interior not so nice to me

Heard that the fc is ard 18km/l

Mz3 is a much better option

• Praise 1

Saw the new elantra

$92800

The exterior SO so only

Huh? New Elantra out already?
  • Praise 1

Saw the new elantra

$92800

The exterior SO so only

fc 18KM/L. that is impressive for Korean car. Is Hyundai inflate that number?

• Praise 2

Front and rear fogs are useless in SG. I rather they remove it and give a few k discount instead.

Auto windows on all sides is nice but not necessary. Drivers side is enough.

The 2 buttons on the sides of the gear stick should be for heated and ventilated seats.

Front and rear fogs are important. When it rains these days, the visibility really drops a lot. The front fogs help with illuminating the white lane markings and make them a lot more visible. Your car is also a lot more visible to cars especially when the car in front is changing lanes in heavy rain. The rear fogs are pretty important too as they are piercing and you can see the vehicle from further away.

You might not be aware of their importance maybe because you are not very conscious of your own car's visibility in heavy rain.

Also I drive to Malaysia... when it gets dark and rains like crazy on the highways, you can't have too many lights...

I think your driving education needs a top up if you think the usual lights on your car are sufficient for the kind of rains we get these days...

Personally ventilated seats also useless. In 7.5 yrs i have used the ventilated seats on my Teana not more than 2 times in first 2 months just to try out the gimmick. After a while you will forget that the feature exists in the car.

Important or not depends on where you park your car. If like me, the car is park for more than 10 hours under direct sunlight with absolutely no shade, having ventilated seats are a pretty deal, especially when you drive off at the height of the heat of the day. I won't dismiss them as unimportant... or call them gimmicks.

I still like the front of the outgoing Elentra, new one look like

front of i40 Taxi.

The size and design difference is quite big... I don't quite see that they so similar... if it were a Mercedes E200, I bet you won't say the same thing even though the taxi version and private car version are identical.

Saw the new elantra

$92800

The exterior SO so only

Heard it's 18 km/L? And in your assessment that's reasonable and so you posted it here? Actually most diesel cars don't even clock 17 km/L... so I would be completely skeptical with this hearsay... and even if it's printed on the brochure. As far as I have read, it's basically the same engine as the outgoing model. I can't imagine the fuel consumption can change so drastically by simply changing the exterior while keeping the drive train more or less identical. Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 2

I think this depends very much on your sales person... and also on how they perceive you... whether you know your stuff about cars or not. When I spoke to the KIA sales lady, she quite honestly said you can't expect better than 12 km/L on Singapore roads given the level of traffic. She didn't plug the stated consumption of 16 km/L as claimed by KIA. Maybe she's more old bird... more realistic... cos you promise the sky and cannot deliver, you lose the trust of your customers.

It's big enough. Prob u should come down and take a look instead of looking at the monitor.

It's big enough. Prob u should come down and take a look instead of looking at the monitor. 398l and 400l u can see from the monitor? Lol

Of course i cant differentiate b/w 398 and 400L. I am asking becos my current car boot space is less than 400L and barely enough for family trip up north. Will update with exact spec once i view the car early nxt mth.
  • Praise 1

I just test drove the new Elantra. Sport mode is great. Aircon also good. Seat quite hard. Host of new features. Pigu got aircon. Light steering. Behind damn spacious, family sure like it many many.

Ummm .... Tested this afternoon and I found it underpowered.. not sure what mode I'm driving at but just doesn't like the dragging my feet feel.... A bit dissapointed... Then I test the Tucson.. this car much better in terms of drivability, since I'm setting a budget and no firm target yet, elantra is out and Tucson still in the race....heheh...

Btw, if anyone tell me elantra can get 18km/l, I will ask for the stuff he/she were smoking,... I want some... Hehe..[laugh]

• Praise 1

Ummm .... Tested this afternoon and I found it underpowered.. not sure what mode I'm driving at but just doesn't like the dragging my feet feel.... A bit dissapointed... Then I test the Tucson.. this car much better in terms of drivability, since I'm setting a budget and no firm target yet, elantra is out and Tucson still in the race....heheh...

Ya only sport mode is good. Normal mode also quite underpowered but good when u activate the torque, which also means higher fc haha.

Btw, if anyone tell me elantra can get 18km/l, I will ask for the stuff he/she were smoking,... I want some... Hehe..[laugh]

You compare 1.6 L & 2.0 L then say 2.0 L better? Ha ha ha... what are you smoking?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1