2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask whether is it normal for the steering column to have a knocking sound when going through rough car park ramps.

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask whether is it normal for the steering column to have a knocking sound when going through rough car park ramps.

Not normal...Meaning the bushing is worn. But no harm to drive on. But if feel uneasy, then go repair. Mine have that sound which I ignore till I traded in...

Hi

knocking sound is not normal. I would get it checked by KMC.

Sidetrack

Hill start assist is to prevent cars from rolling back right?

Does it help to prevent cars from rolling forward downhill? Like you need to reverse back up. 

Hi

Sidetrack

Does it help to prevent cars from rolling forward downhill? Like you need to reverse back up. 

Elantra has hill start assist by default? Or need to press any button to activate this function?

Hi

Sidetrack

Huh? No lar... why should prevent the car from going forwards? That's the direction we're driving in mah...

Huh? No lar... why should prevent the car from going forwards? That's the direction we're driving in mah...

Maybe he means to prevent car from rolling downhill when parked?!

Maybe he means to prevent car from rolling downhill when parked?!

Haha sorry sorry, my English not good.

Some situations may need to reverse uphill. Especially balestier area the parallel parking on the slopes.

Haha sorry sorry, my English not good.

Some situations may need to reverse uphill. Especially balestier area the parallel parking on the slopes.

I wonder how does this hill start assist works ah?

You can test it out at MSCP,

Half way on the slope up, stop your car, release the brake, it will not roll back.

That is hill assist.

Once you step on accelerator, hill assist will auto off.

You can test it out at MSCP,

Half way on the slope up, stop your car, release the brake, it will not roll back.

That is hill assist.

Once you step on accelerator, hill assist will auto off.

This hill start assist acts something like the handbrake ah? No need to pull up handbrake even when release the brake on the slope?

This hill start assist acts something like the handbrake ah? No need to pull up handbrake even when release the brake on the slope?

No, hill assist is for on the move, not parking.

• Praise 1

The hill assist you only by few seconds, you have to drive off ASAP. If too long, it will not assist you anymore

So this feature is good when car stop at those exit at carpark which have slope to insert cashcard or parking ticket?! 

So this feature is good when car stop at those exit at carpark which have slope to insert cashcard or parking ticket?! 

You still need to depress the brake when on slope...it will only activate when you release you brake thus preventing your car from sliding backwards.