2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Must compare the current models lar... the old K3 Sport model is no more lar... the current line up is pretty stripped down lor...

K3 no blind spot detector, you have to pay for it. That's where the extra moolah for the Elantra Elite goes to lar bro...

Elantra also four front and rear sensors for the Elite model if I don't remember wrongly...

Current K3 don't have sunroof mah... why bring up the old Sport model that you can't buy now? The person who asked was looking at the price differences at present leh...

Current Elantra Elite comes with 8-inch HU, for the K3 from what I observed it seems like you have to negotiate with the SE... so it isn't a given right?

I thought the head lamps were HID? Hmmm.... anyway, I have driven in front of the new Elantra before... don't find the head lamps glaring leh... the bulb angle needs to be correct... you can adjust it on the Elite leh... my old 2001 Elantra already can adjust the bulb angle mah...

i went to the roof of the komoco building and saw a elantra with front sensor. But that was when i am just strolling around did not ask around how come this particular car has it.

My current one is elite. And really don't comes with the front sensor. I am not sure the newer batch has it anot.

At that time before purchasing the vehicle, i asked the AD alot of times but the responses from them is telling me factory default setting.

The headlight is very bright so you may be mistaken it is HID. My friend also thought my car has HID headlight. Currently using crystal vision 4300k.

i tilt the projector shield up and down but still as glaring. I am not good at adjusting it with the screws. lol

This is the one i see.. But not a show car so i cannot try.

post-172996-0-25542700-1485869510_thumb.png

Edited by peanuttay
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

K3 SX only has 2 airbags. Comes with paddle shifters.

Elantra has 6 airbags (except the basic barebones version). No paddle shifters.

Again apologies, but the listed price difference is currently $12k between Elite and SX. It was previously only $6k in Sept 2016. Now it seems that SX is even cheaper than the base Elantra model. Which is why I'm again asking if they have upspec-ed Elantra.

Thanks! 

Elantra basic does come with 6 airbag. 

I will buy if can get it for 83k with the current COE price 50k. [:p]

I can live without the rear aircon vent, fog light, no reverse cam. no retractable side mirror.

• Praise 1

K3 SX come with 17" and Elantra Elite comes with 16".
  • Praise 1

Rims can always upsize outside.

But can you get additional 4 airbags outside? I don't think so.

Paddle shifter is a gimmick to me. Something fancy. I have it in my car and I hardly play with it. Still prefer using the gear stick to change gears in manual mode.

Don't get me wrong. I'm driving a Kia.

C&C thoroughly went through the roof with their first batch of K3s. HID, 6 airbags, sunroof, etc etc for the SX model.

Look at the current specifications of the latest K3. 2 airbags? WTF.

If you ask me to choose between K3 SX and Elantra Elite few years back, I would have chosen K3. But now I prefer Elantra with all the additional features over the K3.

K3 SX come with 17" and Elantra Elite comes with 16".

Seriously? Kosong Elantra also 6 airbags? Then it's very good strategy from Komoco as more people are looking at safety features nowadays.

I remember my previous Avante manual transmission.

Only has ABS+EBD and driver airbag. It doesn't even have front passenger airbag [laugh].

No other fancy features.

Elantra basic does come with 6 airbag. 

I will buy if can get it for 83k with the current COE price 50k. [:p]

I can live without the rear aircon vent, fog light, no reverse cam. no retractable side mirror.

Edited by Beehive3783

Agreed! Veloster totally is not for family design, however Elantra 1.6T is a family car, can carry family members around, also while butt itchy you can be chiongsters,

exactly, Elantra 1.6T can be B&B family car in most of time, only occasionally chiong for fun while necessary such as challenge by Civic 1.5T, BZR, A3/A4, Jetta...etc :grin:   

exactly, Elantra 1.6T can be B&B family car in most of time, only occasionally chiong for fun while necessary such as challenge by Civic 1.5T, BZR, A3/A4, Jetta...etc :grin:   

i would also choose the elantra 1.6T over the civic 1.5T...cause its really a nice in between a family sedan (civic is really low seating) and the racer looks

Hi, the club seems inactive lately..what's their website again? Mainly for sharing which aftermarket website we can go for to purchase parts..perhaps even the led light..as installer i can get.

Hi, the link stated in the form for Elantra Club Singapore is http://elantrasg.forumotion.org or facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/109476372550222/

I have yet to check our both so not sure if they are still active...

As for aftermarket website, you may ask if any bro here have any lobangs.

But seems like this group does not discuss much about mods, you may wana ask in K3 owners thread as they are quite active in it..

Rims can always upsize outside.

But can you get additional 4 airbags outside? I don't think so.

Paddle shifter is a gimmick to me. Something fancy. I have it in my car and I hardly play with it. Still prefer using the gear stick to change gears in manual mode.

Don't get me wrong. I'm driving a Kia.

C&C thoroughly went through the roof with their first batch of K3s. HID, 6 airbags, sunroof, etc etc for the SX model.

Look at the current specifications of the latest K3. 2 airbags? WTF.

If you ask me to choose between K3 SX and Elantra Elite few years back, I would have chosen K3. But now I prefer Elantra with all the additional features over the K3.

Seriously? Kosong Elantra also 6 airbags? Then it's very good strategy from Komoco as more people are looking at safety features nowadays.

I remember my previous Avante manual transmission.

Only has ABS+EBD and driver airbag. It doesn't even have front passenger airbag [laugh].

No other fancy features.

totally agreed...safety is also the reason why i chose the elantra...

and anyways...this comparison between k3 and elantra is going nowhere...not pointing my finger at you but generally...especially when this thread is for elantra... cheers!! =)

Healthy civilized discussion and comparison is always good for those undecided between Elantra and other car models.

And if it works for you, justification that you made the right choice [laugh]

and anyways...this comparison between k3 and elantra is going nowhere...not pointing my finger at you but generally...especially when this thread is for elantra... cheers!! =)

i went to the roof of the komoco building and saw a elantra with front sensor. But that was when i am just strolling around did not ask around how come this particular car has it.

My current one is elite. And really don't comes with the front sensor. I am not sure the newer batch has it anot.

At that time before purchasing the vehicle, i asked the AD alot of times but the responses from them is telling me factory default setting.

The headlight is very bright so you may be mistaken it is HID. My friend also thought my car has HID headlight. Currently using crystal vision 4300k.

i tilt the projector shield up and down but still as glaring. I am not good at adjusting it with the screws. lol

This is the one i see.. But not a show car so i cannot try.

Oh 2 sensors cos of the grille design lar... no where to put the other front 2 sensors is it? 

Well it helps to understand the car market and what to look out for... some agents like to sell the first model stacked with features then cut down slowly... Borneo Motors does it the opposite, the last few batches will be stocked to the gills with low price... just look at the Altis now...

Oh 2 sensors cos of the grille design lar... no where to put the other front 2 sensors is it?

no leh. my elite don't even have the sensor installed. very clean and smooth surface.

But not sure newer batch has it or not.

but this particular elantra has it.. so i am confuse.

side track abit. i realise the k3 have 2 airbag.

But kinda confuse when i am looking at the picture post in c&c website.

Does it look like 2 airbag?

post-172996-0-89836400-1485963890_thumb.jpg

Well it helps to understand the car market and what to look out for... some agents like to sell the first model stacked with features then cut down slowly... Borneo Motors does it the opposite, the last few batches will be stocked to the gills with low price... just look at the Altis now...

I always welcome healthy comparison as this helps consumers like us to decide which brand or model suits us more and also for dealers to understand what consumers want more as well...What I dislike is some bros on the forum very blatantly trying to shoot down on the elantra...I mean it's really to each of its own...There is absolutely no need to do such things

i would also choose the elantra 1.6T over the civic 1.5T...cause its really a nice in between a family sedan (civic is really low seating) and the racer looks

If you choose elantra over civic, think you should be looking at the elite model. If not then civic might be a better choice?!

If you compare the standard 1.6 versions of both cars, the Elantra has much more features for less.

Can't say much about the handling or pick up, since Singapore doesn't really allow you to tear up the tarmac and the bread and butter cars don't really do that.

If you choose elantra over civic, think you should be looking at the elite model. If not then civic might be a better choice?!

indeed i bought the elite version of elantra when it was first launched...new civic was not launched yet back then...

but from the reviews from forum bros and my own trying on both models, i would still most likely choose the elantra due to the seating (as i have elderly parents) and the price (understand that civic could demand this premium due to its long standing name)

of cos the new civic has its handsome looks but i would choose the one which gives me the best value for money

everybody has his/her own list of boxes to tick and the elantra ticks the most boxes for me as compared to other similar models in this compact family sedan segment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3