2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

After my 10k servicing, i was ask to sign up a package for 4 servicing.. total damage $1k (must use finish within 28month upon sign package.

using 5w30 shell helix, 2 free aircon svc and a 12v vaccum cleaner.. which not useful for me as i am using a leaf blower.

is there any diff in the usual oil compare to this? I know it will be thinner when reaches 100 degree c.. but not sure will it be better since it is so call premium and more ex..

bro, so did you sign up their 4 x servicing package?

my 10k service is coming soon as well..yet to decide if i should service outside WS and void the warranty.

any advice?

previous ride, normal servicing less than 200. if i dont sign up, i save 100 bucks and void warranty. 

i was told the shell helix EO was not good per say, any comments?

↡ Advertisement

my 10k service is coming soon as well..yet to decide if i should service outside WS and void the warranty.

any advice?

previous ride, normal servicing less than 200. if i dont sign up, i save 100 bucks and void warranty.

Yes i did signed up.

i believe shell helix EO has their good reputation.. or else how will the AD uses them and spoil the cars?

But of cos they are not the "best" EO around. But the difference is very small due to our small engine and non turbo which i dun think is worth to void the warrenty. As fuelsaver bro mention earlier that actually the package is not very expensive esp 5w30 cost more than 5w40.

I think the key is to get it service regularly on time to maintain the best health of your engine..

Edited by peanuttay

any advice?

You won't void your warranty by changing your engine oil in a third party workshop lar... that's ridiculous... you can even change it on your own if you're willing to get down and dirty...

• Praise 1

Ermm how many ppl actually claim warranty from AD ? Only DSG gearbox which I can think of.

Got lar... for defective parts, etc... I claimed the front chrome strip for my 2001 Elantra... had them replace the throttle sensor and O2 sensor for free, and more recently I claimed the front two sun visors for my 2015 Sonata... no questions asked, just showed them the defect and they replaced it fuss free...

Ermm how many ppl actually claim warranty from AD ? Only DSG gearbox which I can think of.

Why not?

BMW rack & pinion steering assembly

BMW 4WD F/R traction transfer actuator

BMW aircon refrigerant piping

Merc 7G-Tronic valve body

• Praise 1

You won't void your warranty by changing your engine oil in a third party workshop lar... that's ridiculous... you can even change it on your own if you're willing to get down and dirty...

serious bo, SE even told me during the 5 years warranty servicing must be done at Komoco if not warranty will be voided.  you SE?

• Praise 2

serious bo, SE even told me during the 5 years warranty servicing must be done at Komoco if not warranty will be voided.  you SE?

I've done it before... no issues lar...

Two totally different strategy between km and kmc. Km high rebate value will push coe up and kmc low coe will drag down coe. I believe consumers have the choice to go.

I think the Impreza now is a good competitor for Elantra.

Fuel economy will be the deciding factor... but price can make the difference... unfortunately Motorimage isn't going to drop their price really low... they don't have volume to bite the bullet... unlike the times when COE premiums were low....

Two totally different strategy between km and kmc. Km high rebate value will push coe up and kmc low coe will drag down coe. I believe consumers have the choice to go.

I dont think kmc able to drag down coe with their low coe rebate lo. Think more likely kmc will drag down their sales, cause they could not secure coe for their customers due to too low coe rebate. Lol.

Fuel economy will be the deciding factor... but price can make the difference... unfortunately Motorimage isn't going to drop their price really low... they don't have volume to bite the bullet... unlike the times when COE premiums were low....

I think the new Impreza also has good fuel economy, at least the reported value. You are right that MI doesn't drop their price. However, I think MI is also good at securing the COE compared to KMC. That's why they have to keep the margin.

The new facelifted Altis will also have more airbags with traction control, but its price would be high, compared to these two.

free labour only.. parts replace need to pay like engine oil and filter.

Went 10k km servicing today.

Komoco damage: $38.45 for oil filter and tyre rotation/balancing.

Brought my own Engine Oil (4 quart Mobil Gold 5W20 from Mx tradings at $15 per quart = $60)

Nice smooth feeling for the drive from Komoco back home. Car is more responsive and light on the accelerator. Will monitor further and see if this EO is really good.

Hey good luck and thanks, hope you get your next booking without the hassle of topping up.

As one of those failed Elantra buyers, seeing an Elantra on the road gives similar feeling as seeing an ex-gf.

Now, I'm "married", having secured my COE for another MIK ride, fortunately, without having to top up.

But unlike ex-gf, I have full praises for the Elantra. Beautiful. Ageless. Graceful. Enjoy your elegant Elantra ride!
  • Praise 1

As one of those failed Elantra buyers, seeing an Elantra on the road gives similar feeling as seeing an ex-gf.

Now, I'm "married", having secured my COE for another MIK ride, fortunately, without having to top up.

But unlike ex-gf, I have full praises for the Elantra. Beautiful. Ageless. Graceful. Enjoy your elegant Elantra ride!

Thanks, we may have nicer gf now, won't be the victim to waste time on only one tree but forgot the whole forest.

Ha-ha ah

↡ Advertisement