2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Should be the new model, if not why need to wait till 2nd or 3rd quarter 2016 shipment.

Yes. SE can price it now anyway cause i not firm buyer, just smsed her regarding the prices yesterday, when sit down to confirm, then prices might be different liao.

If this is indeed the price and even though specs not out yet, think it would be well received!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Not very attractive pricing

I was told by SE that the prices will be $96,999 for new face lift elite model, 6 non guaranteed bids.

Plus $3k for guaranteed bids. Car will only be available 2nd to 3rd quarter 2016.

• Praise 1

Based on Hyundai website, the new 1.4L turbocharged engine will have hp of 140ps. Gamma 1.6L GDI 140 ps and Gamma 1.6L MPI 130ps 

I doubt Komoco will bring in 1.4L turbocharged engine because that will place Elantra in CAT B. So my guess is the new Elantra will use the same engine as the soon outgoing Elantra.

• Praise 1

Based on Hyundai website, the new 1.4L turbocharged engine will have hp of 140ps. Gamma 1.6L GDI 140 ps and Gamma 1.6L MPI 130ps 

I doubt Komoco will bring in 1.4L turbocharged engine because that will place Elantra in CAT B. So my guess is the new Elantra will use the same engine as the soon outgoing Elantra.

That model should be the US model, US also have 1.8L Elantra, but not in SG. 

http://www.torque.com.sg/4558/new-hyundai-elantra/

shows that the 1.4turbo is  128bhp but on a higher torque at 212Nm

• Praise 2

the more impt thingy is when comingggggggggggggg

[laugh]  [laugh] hope so 2nd - 3rd quarter, komoco alr clearing outstanding stocks of elantras (only accept orders that has stock)

• Praise 1

My guess is that 1.4turbo might push the Elantra to Cat B which they are unwilling to do so.

They need their main model to be in Cat A.

I thought the 1.4turbo churned out 128hp which was just nice in Cat A?

• Praise 3

I thought the 1.4turbo churned out 128hp which was just nice in Cat A?

Actually I am unsure whats the exact power for the elantra 1.4 turbo..

I was just taking reference based on chevy cruze 1.4 turbo which have 138bhp which crosses over to cat b 

• Praise 3

Actually I am unsure whats the exact power for the elantra 1.4 turbo..

I was just taking reference based on chevy cruze 1.4 turbo which have 138bhp which crosses over to cat b

No worries bro, I also reading from some sites so I could be wrong as well.

Nevertheless, if it's really under 130hp, it would be a waste if Komoco doesn't bring it in but fear is the cost of a turbo charged BNB car maybe too high for it to be competitive.

• Praise 6

The link below is the news about the new 1.4L Turbocharged engine.

Some people might urge that Hyundai might tune the engine to lower hp to cater for certain market. As far from what I know, Hyundai will not tune the same engine for different market, instead they will use different engine for certain market.

I not too sure why some website shows it under 130bhp but at least for me, I will trust what shows in Hyundai website. Unless they have a lousy communication department that publish wrong information to the consumer.
  • Praise 2

Hearsay from my SE it's the similar engine as per the out going one but with a higher OMV.

Interior n exterior all different..... Of course higher omv they have cooling seats I think...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3