2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Then can have one setting for driving one for lepak lor... ha ha ha...

Actually it affects all authorized dealers... not just Komoco... when TEK won so many orders for their Mazda 3 & 6, the Mazda forum also had many people complain about the same issues... how to find so many extra experienced people throughout your organization just like that? And then how do not divest this exponential human resource growth after the boom?

My point is electric is slow.

Manual,I can from sit to lepak in 2 seconds.

Current ride is on electric.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I remember got a forumer that he booked on 31th aug during closed door sale and collected car on 19 sept already. those colours during closed door events were in excess so faster need to clear. Popular colours like White and sparkling colour had to order and take 2 to 3 weeks to deliver

Haha, that's me, red S.... doing my 1k service today.

May i know what is 'Closed Door' sales? When will it be held? How often is it?

You go to showroom, leave your contact to any SE. They will contact you whenever there is such event. Edited by singcheng
  • Praise 1

I bought closed door sale white. Getting my car in 2 weeks time but that's what I chose to although car already arrived 18 Sep.

heard someone said during the close door sale the choosed color price is 70999?limited to Which colour? My se didn’t mentioned this price to me at that time. Edited by WenliangWang
  • Praise 1

heard someone said during the close door sale the choosed color price is 70999ï¼limited to Which colour? My se didnât mentioned this price to me at that time.

Over Liao.....don't think too much.......

Haha, that's me, red S.... doing my 1k service today.

You go to showroom, leave your contact to any SE. They will contact you whenever there is such event.

Thanks. I was just being curious. Fully paid down payment since 8sept, still waiting to collect car. My SE was recommended by KMC when I left my contact with their showroom admin.
  • Praise 1

Thanks. I was just being curious. Fully paid down payment since 8sept, still waiting to collect car. My SE was recommended by KMC when I left my contact with their showroom admin.

Has KMC get the car registered already?

• Praise 1

For recent bros and sis who collected the car, do give your feedback on the 50km/h engine brake..

Still gathering feedback. Lol :)

Thanks..

I have been driving the new car For a month now (collected 30 Aug), I don’t find it a issue. In fact i don’t really notice it until I read abt the “issue” on this forum.

It’s only when you let it slow from above 50km/h, then let it roll to a slow speed then you feel the down shift of the gear. I attribute it to lowering of gear.

But in real driving scenario often, At slow speed I am already using the breaks to slow down to a stop already. Hardly ever use engine break. Normal driving, usually from 60km/h, you have to depress your breaks gradually to a stop. So I don’t feel the minor “jerk” that is mentioned here.

So so far not an issue to me.

(I have experience driving other manual cars/ cvt / auto cars, jap and continental before)

Edited by Blue_ice
  • Praise 1

I have been driving the new car For a month now (collected 30 Aug), I donât find it a issue. In fact i donât really notice it until I read abt the âissueâ on this forum.

Itâs only when you let it slow from above 50km/h, then let it roll to a slow speed then you feel the down shift of the gear. I attribute it to lowering of gear.

But in real driving scenario often, At slow speed I am already using the breaks to slow down to a stop already. Hardly ever use engine break. Normal driving, usually from 60km/h, you have to depress your breaks gradually to a stop. So I donât feel the minor âjerkâ that is mentioned here.

(I have experience driving other manual cars/ cvt / auto cars, jap and continental before)

Yes, it is about the down shift of gear from 5th to 4th.

Even you step on break, this engine brake thing is still there when you slowing down and dropping to 50km/h.

My sis has a Malaysia version of Elantra MD, no such problem.

So conclusion is, this is something unique to Singapore's Hyundai Elantra AD (not sure about Ioniq or Sonata or Kia new Cerato).

P/s: did my 1k servicing yesterday. Told the SA, he put a note on the service form. At the end of the service, told me it is engine break. I asked if there is such problem on other model but he didn't answer.

Edited by singcheng

I have been driving the new car For a month now (collected 30 Aug), I donât find it a issue. In fact i donât really notice it until I read abt the âissueâ on this forum.

Itâs only when you let it slow from above 50km/h, then let it roll to a slow speed then you feel the down shift of the gear. I attribute it to lowering of gear.

But in real driving scenario often, At slow speed I am already using the breaks to slow down to a stop already. Hardly ever use engine break. Normal driving, usually from 60km/h, you have to depress your breaks gradually to a stop. So I donât feel the minor âjerkâ that is mentioned here.

Thanks for updating..

I notice For those who brake fast and let the speed drop fast will not notice the engine brake, I think the gear change to lower gear is faster so that it pass the '50km' gear change fast n will not notice the pull compare to those who let it roll slowly.

Even you step on break, this engine brake thing is still there when you slowing down and dropping to 50km/h.

So conclusion is, this is something unique to Singapore's Hyundai Elantra AD (not sure about Ioniq or Sonata or Kia new Cerato).

P/s: did my 1k servicing yesterday. Told the SA, he put a note on the service form. At the end of the service, told me it is engine break. I asked if there is such problem on other model but he didn't answer.

Hmm... Another other model in the showroom using the same gearbox?

Let go test those model.. :)

But then they will say the ecu programming is different for different model

• Praise 1

What do you mean by MD? Manual drive ? Of course manaul drive will not feel the downshift unless you change gear manually. This is not an apple to apple comparison. While i am not saying auto downshift is pleasant, I dont know how obvious is the "problem" though.

What do you mean by MD? Manual drive ? Of course manaul drive will not feel the downshift unless you change gear manually. This is not an apple to apple comparison. While i am not saying auto downshift is pleasant, I dont know how obvious is the "problem" though.

I think he meant the previous generation elantra.

• Praise 2

Bro, MD means Elantra model 2011-2015. AD is 2016 onwards model... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Elantra

Of course I won't compare a Manual Transmission over Automatic Transmission la... My sis's car is Automatic Transmission Elantra MD (Malaysia version).

Edited by singcheng

Bro, MD means Elantra model 2011-2015. AD is 2016 onwards model... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Elantra

Of course I won't compare a Manual Transmission over Automatic Transmission la... My sis's car is Automatic Transmission Elantra MD (Malaysia version).

Haha ok sorry sorry! But i cant praise you anymore to compensate my mistake. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1