2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi guys, newbie here. I just went down to komoco and was told the Hyundai Elantra ‘S’ model in the showroom is the 2018 model but when I went back to look at the videos of the 2018 model, the interior in the showroom looks different from the videos on YouTube. Anyone can kindly advise? Or maybe I saw wrongly... Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, newbie here. I just went down to komoco and was told the Hyundai Elantra ‘S’ model in the showroom is the 2018 model but when I went back to look at the videos of the 2018 model, the interior in the showroom looks different from the videos on YouTube. Anyone can kindly advise? Or maybe I saw wrongly... Thanks in advance

You might want to post the youtube link ??

• Praise 1

Is it because of the different variant or i need to get my eyes checked haha

Are you referring to the colour scheme of the interior? Video’s one with grey parts while our local one is all black. Besides this and some features (blindspot monitoring and heated seats) which are not available in our local version, it is the same car as the one you saw in the showroom. Edited by yapjx100
  • Praise 2

Are you referring to the colour scheme of the interior? Videoâs one with grey parts while our local one is all black. Besides this and some features (blindspot monitoring and heated seats) which are not available in our local version, it is the same car as the one you saw in the showroom.

Ahh I see, thanks a lot for answering my queries

I have been driving the new car For a month now (collected 30 Aug), I donât find it a issue. In fact i donât really notice it until I read abt the âissueâ on this forum.

Itâs only when you let it slow from above 50km/h, then let it roll to a slow speed then you feel the down shift of the gear. I attribute it to lowering of gear.

But in real driving scenario often, At slow speed I am already using the breaks to slow down to a stop already. Hardly ever use engine break. Normal driving, usually from 60km/h, you have to depress your breaks gradually to a stop. So I donât feel the minor âjerkâ that is mentioned here.

So so far not an issue to me.

(I have experience driving other manual cars/ cvt / auto cars, jap and continental before)

Actually it isn't a jerk as described by a few people here... it's just a slowdown... nothing wrong with the car...

Yes, it is about the down shift of gear from 5th to 4th.

Even you step on break, this engine brake thing is still there when you slowing down and dropping to 50km/h.

My sis has a Malaysia version of Elantra MD, no such problem.

So conclusion is, this is something unique to Singapore's Hyundai Elantra AD (not sure about Ioniq or Sonata or Kia new Cerato).

P/s: did my 1k servicing yesterday. Told the SA, he put a note on the service form. At the end of the service, told me it is engine break. I asked if there is such problem on other model but he didn't answer.

The gearbox programme is probably different... I assume the MD is the Elantra from Fluidic Sculpture 1.0 design whereas the current AD is the Elantra from Fluidic Sculpture 2.0...
  • Praise 1

No. Not yet. SE WhatsApp said hopefully this week but now is already Sat. Hopefully next week got some progress. Sigh...

What colour did you order and which variant?

• Praise 1

Yes, it is about the down shift of gear from 5th to 4th.

Even you step on break, this engine brake thing is still there when you slowing down and dropping to 50km/h.

My sis has a Malaysia version of Elantra MD, no such problem.

So conclusion is, this is something unique to Singapore's Hyundai Elantra AD (not sure about Ioniq or Sonata or Kia new Cerato).

P/s: did my 1k servicing yesterday. Told the SA, he put a note on the service form. At the end of the service, told me it is engine break. I asked if there is such problem on other model but he didn't answer.

Malaysian elantras are 2 litre.
  • Praise 1

Malaysian elantras are 2 litre.

Used to have 1.8 L... not sure now still have or not...

Does anyone know how fast can the car insurance be activated upon application? Can it done on the same day as insurance application day itself?

Yes can... depends on the company and the paperwork... your SE should be able to advise you... otherwise how can you drive off the new car without insurance coverage on the road?

What colour did you order and which variant?

Sparkling metal S trim.

Used to have 1.8 L... not sure now still have or not...

Yes can... depends on the company and the paperwork... your SE should be able to advise you... otherwise how can you drive off the new car without insurance coverage on the road?

Thanks. No wonder my SE said can make insurance payments on collection day...then I thought if I can’t get the insurance approved on the same day, how can I drive away. Insurance co is AXA. So I learnt something today.

Does anyone know how fast can the car insurance be activated upon application? Can it done on the same day as insurance application day itself?

Same day can get, of coz depend on how fast your insurer work

Same day can get, of coz depend on how fast your insurer work

I heard AXA takes about 2 weeks to process the insurance, but the insurance is effective from the day the insurance documents are submitted.

• Praise 1

Just saw a brand new unregistered grey elantra pumping petrol at shell station nearby penjuru. Don't is my car or not

Which petrol they pump? Ron?
↡ Advertisement