2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

My i30 registered on 1st Oct but collection date not confirmed yet. I just checked with Komoco - they said SOP is delivery within 7 working days from LTA registration. 

Edited by Ceecookie

Tell them DO NOT wash your car.....

They use the same cloth for washing and drying .

What is the problem using same cloth for washing and drying?? I DIY also use same cloth... i make no sand or particle attached to the cloth only.....

My only concern is they use very bad/rough cloth or never rinse for both wash or drying.

What is the problem using same cloth for washing and drying?? I DIY also use same cloth... i make no sand or particle attached to the cloth only.....

My only concern is they use very bad/rough cloth or never rinse for both wash or drying.

Well you have ans your own question haven't you? [laugh]

The problem is that they use the same cloth for cleaning the car, and wheels... as well as drying.

Can you imagine the brake dust going over your car?

After the wash...  you will surely see tons of scratch marks on your paintjob.

They are not really skilled in car washing as well, the way they move the washing cloth in circles will leave swirl marks on your car. 

Its the same as letting MSCP banglas or petrol stations wash your car

If you just want the car to look clean.. are not so concerned with swirl marks, or you dont really care about having PPS or waxing done, then its not much of a concern for you then.

For many who care about their paintjob, the way they wash the car is an absolute no go!

Edited by copperband

The problem is that they use the same cloth for cleaning the car, and wheels... as well as drying.

Can you imagine the brake dust going over your car?

After the wash...  you will surely see tons of scratch marks on your paintjob.

They are not really skilled in car washing as well, the way they move the washing cloth in circles will leave swirl marks on your car. 

Its the same as letting MSCP banglas or petrol stations wash your car

If you just want the car to look clean.. are not so concerned with swirl marks, or you dont really care about having PPS or waxing done, then its not much of a concern for you then.

For many who care about their paintjob, the way they wash the car is an absolute no go!

Yes, you pointed out the main problem, to use same cloth "wash wheel" and car and drying.. is a big no.

Whenever I go for servicing at KMC, I nvr ask them to wash car and pump tyres cos the way they wash I cannot stand it and they always over pump the pressure. I already switched from going alexandra to kembangan cos I feel it's faster and I can see what they are doing. After free servicing completed, most likely find my own workshop which is nearer to my home and better service. 

Whenever I go for servicing at KMC, I nvr ask them to wash car and pump tyres cos the way they wash I cannot stand it and they always over pump the pressure. I already switched from going alexandra to kembangan cos I feel it's faster and I can see what they are doing. After free servicing completed, most likely find my own workshop which is nearer to my home and better service. 

If you already only wash the car yourself, confirmed cannot let them wash your car during servicing. Sure leave fine scratches on your car. But if you always wash your car at petrol kiosk or MSCP banglas, then kmc still cna do a good job.

Anyway, i also dont understand why they always like to over pump the tyres pressure?

I wash the car myself most of the time cos I am OCD. Haha. Dunno abt the pressure part, maybe can last longer before next pump? Collect car also high pressure. I like the pressure to be 240kPa. 

If you already only wash the car yourself, confirmed cannot let them wash your car during servicing. Sure leave fine scratches on your car. But if you always wash your car at petrol kiosk or MSCP banglas, then kmc still cna do a good job.

Anyway, i also dont understand why they always like to over pump the tyres pressure?

Hi, would like to ask for bro and sis with no free servicing but still within 5 yr warranty, do u plan to go back Komoco for servicing? If outside servicing found defective part, do outside workshop still charge for part price of replacement . Do they claim warranty cost from Komoco ?

For those who purchased the Elantra S at the closed door promo price of $71K on 6 & 7 Sep, there is no free servicing.

The promo price was:

Elantra - $66,999

Elantra S - $70,999

Elantra Elite - $74,999

Hi

So SE didn't give u any freebies ah .

If item under warranty, can only go back komoco. Cannot do outside then go back claim warranty. 

Hi, would like to ask for bro and sis with no free servicing but still within 5 yr warranty, do u plan to go back Komoco for servicing? If outside servicing found defective part, do outside workshop still charge for part price of replacement . Do they claim warranty cost from Komoco ?

Hi

So SE didn't give u any freebies ah .

I booked during this event. No freebies.

If item under warranty, can only go back komoco. Cannot do outside then go back claim warranty.

Thanks for the feedback. That makes sense

anyone can share how's the car collection process like? how long it takes....what was done before handing over the car to you....

insurance payment (if haven't paid), car checking etc....

is it possible to settle everything in 1 to 2 hours? or need to take half day leave (or MC). [:p]

I did mine in 55 mins, including ~30 mins for them to polish to remove swirl marks...

Bro just call the sales manager many many times. I did that I got my car in one day. 1st Oct registered 2nd Oct collect car in the afternoon 2pm. You don't pressure them they will take their own sweet time. I call them and bang table till all the staff knows me lolll

Anyways anyone use using 17 inches rims? I am running 16 inches elite stock rims but hand itchy want change to bbs. Any advice? :)

That's amazing, how do u find this lobang?

I did mine in 55 mins, including ~30 mins for them to polish to remove swirl marks...

Did you go thru the checklist? or just did a superficial quick check?

↡ Advertisement