2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Neutral Newbie

Same bro... Tomorrow 5th day... What can we do other than wait...

My car also registered on 2 Oct. Till now still no call to go collect
↡ Advertisement

So under what circumstances then we use the 'N'? Or can ignore its existence?

When you know you gonna be stopping for a long time or traffic jam.

When you know you gonna be stopping for a long time or traffic jam.

But then u mentioned will wear down your shift cable and clutch band, so shld I shift to 'P' instead?

But then u mentioned will wear down your shift cable and clutch band, so shld I shift to 'P' instead?

to overcome this concern, best switch to hybrid.

no need to switch as accelerate and deaccelerate also connected for each respective purpose.

it is ok to leave as drive on traffic... ur brake pedal should tell ur engine disengage to gearbox. only ur torque converter is spinning.

as for the cable... prolong using will wear down. this is wear and tear.. but i think it will still last 10 yrs... the only concern is the stop latch when you engage p... it is best practice to put ur gear in n mode pull handbrake then engage p.

still AT will still wear out... it is good to change ATF accordingly to spec.. i prefer every 40 to 50k km interval.

Edited by Devilcup

it is ok to leave as drive on traffic... ur brake pedal should tell ur engine disengage to gearbox. only ur torque converter is spinning.

as for the cable... prolong using will wear down. this is wear and tear.. but i think it will still last 10 yrs... the only concern is the stop latch when you engage p... it is best practice to put ur gear in n mode pull handbrake then engage p.

still AT will still wear out... it is good to change ATF accordingly to spec.. i prefer every 40 to 50k km interval.

I'm looking at the next alternative instead of remaining at 'D' n stepping on the brake at traffic lights/jams as I'm used to engaging at 'N' for my previous manual ride to rest my leg. Still unsure of the best/correct method though.

I'm looking at the next alternative instead of remaining at 'D' n stepping on the brake at traffic lights/jams as I'm used to engaging at 'N' for my previous manual ride to rest my leg. Still unsure of the best/correct method though.

Same, I'm used to drive manual, sometimes can't judge either wanna swift to N or remain at D while stop at traffic lights. How long is long?

anyone tried the komoco one time servicing package cost about $200 plus before?

Do I get further discount if I bring my own engine oil?

If you sign up for package with engine oil, don't think you will get money back if you bring your own oil...

Supercharged

Same, I'm used to drive manual, sometimes can't judge either wanna swift to N or remain at D while stop at traffic lights. How long is long?

manual is the best, always remain at N.

well, for sg usage, just keep it to D, even the same applies for custom jams.

Well, for me, practically every traffic lights stop previously  [:)]

But mine is more routine, so I'm familiar with the duration of the stops.

Will shifting of the gear from D to N while stopping at traffic lights spoilt the gearbox fast? 

Will shifting of the gear from D to N while stopping at traffic lights spoilt the gearbox fast?

I think frequent shifting of gears would obviously wear out the gearbox components faster than if you don’t do it. This includes but is not limited to shifting from D to N when stopped at traffic lights. So, naturally the advice is not to do that unless necessary, if you intend to keep the car for a long long time. Edited by yapjx100

I think frequent shifting of gears would obviously wear out the gearbox components faster than if you don’t do it. This includes but is not limited to shifting from D to N when stopped at traffic lights. So, naturally the advice is not to do that unless necessary, if you intend to keep the car for a long long time.

Noticed many people have such habit of shifting the gear to N when stopped at traffic lights. But dont know will it really wear out the gearbox components faster?!

• Praise 1

The point value of fuel saved is not worth the issues of putting to neutral bros..

If fuel costs are really that large an issue, there are other modes of transport..

↡ Advertisement