2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Any kind souls car to share their ICE upgrades?

Its been half a year and i have yet to move in my old setup.

Anybody can share pics of their retrofitted headunits in place of the original?

The factory installed ones in the first batch of AD sucks big time, the volume control is erratic, soundquality is generally bad and the bluetooth connectivity is spotty. 

I will be replacing it with my old Pioneer AVH 5850. I had bought the fascia from aliexpress, but am not sure if I still need to get the interface cable for the steering remote, or the existing one works fine? (BTW, the headunit of the first batch ADs are actually cheap Chinese 3rd party ones, only the later batches with Android play are actual factory installed from Korea)

The factory installed ones in the first batch of AD sucks big time, the volume control is erratic, soundquality is generally bad and the bluetooth connectivity is spotty. 

I will be replacing it with my old Pioneer AVH 5850. I had bought the fascia from aliexpress, but am not sure if I still need to get the interface cable for the steering remote, or the existing one works fine? (BTW, the headunit of the first batch ADs are actually cheap Chinese 3rd party ones, only the later batches with Android play are actual factory installed from Korea)

I took the same route as you. 

I upgraded to Pioneer avh-z5250bt last week and while combing through Taobao, I found out our non-standard head units are actually available for purchase on Taobao as well. 

Back to your question, from my experience, Pioneer head unit can be programmed to steering control, so you still retain the use of your steering control. 

Any tips & tricks to make the stock HU play video (from USB drive or handphone)?

Must hack android auto. Root it.

I took the same route as you.

I upgraded to Pioneer avh-z5250bt last week and while combing through Taobao, I found out our non-standard head units are actually available for purchase on Taobao as well.

Back to your question, from my experience, Pioneer head unit can be programmed to steering control, so you still retain the use of your steering control.

So meaning to say the steering controls can be installed and programmed directly without the need for 3rd party connectors or wiring??

So meaning to say the steering controls can be installed and programmed directly without the need for 3rd party connectors or wiring??

For my case - AVH-Z5250BT, yes. There's a wire in the harness that connects to the steering control wire. 

After it's connected, the installer or yourself will use the steering control settings in Pioneer head unit to learn the steering controls.

Do note that the brake wire has to be wired up to access steering control settings. 

just did my 20k and they seems to lube the steering column the sound of the steering is not much

Hi, did you order a new steering column?

Just saying, lubing is not solving the root cause of the problem. And since car is under warranty, might as well get it replaced.

My part is here, I will be changing it at end of this month during my 20k service as well. Will update again how things go.

• Praise 1

Just saying, lubing is not solving the root cause of the problem. And since car is under warranty, might as well get it replaced.

My part is here, I will be changing it at end of this month during my 20k service as well. Will update again how things go.

I'm changing mine tomorrow

(edited)

i agree on that. i will continue to monitor and see if it get worse. if so, i will go down and get it change.

dun mind share the feeling of the steering after change. if the whining sound gone completely?

Edited by Devilcup
  • Praise 1

4hrs....

i seem to have this problem too.

may report it at my coming 40k Servicing.

actually, i didnt go back to KM for 20k Servicing. 

i am not sure if my problem is same as bros here. its tight n have sound but not very loud. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

i only added a full range 2.5" speaker, pretty good and doable for my ears 

• Praise 1

i seem to have this problem too.

may report it at my coming 40k Servicing.

actually, i didnt go back to KM for 20k Servicing.

i am not sure if my problem is same as bros here. its tight n have sound but not very loud.

40k.. Which batch of elantra? Current issue largely to 2018 batch

Like steering wheel very hard to turn.

Thanks. Mine is... After I started my car, the first touch of the steering wheel would have a soft "tud".
↡ Advertisement