2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

i seem to have this problem too.

may report it at my coming 40k Servicing.

actually, i didnt go back to KM for 20k Servicing. 

i am not sure if my problem is same as bros here. its tight n have sound but not very loud. 

I am not sure....but for me if you put your left foot on the floor area below the brake pedal....you can actually feel movements when you turn your steering. its like something is under the carpet knocking. Not sure if it is an issue or is it normal.

BTW mine is a late late 2016 match...one of the first ADs

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Need help... Car can't start when press keyless btn. Light is OK, Car marking attempt to crank but can't start. Any idea why wrong or where can get help

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Need help... Car can't start when press keyless btn. Light is OK, Car marking attempt to crank but can't start. Any idea why wrong or where can get help

Most likely weak battery.
  • Praise 1

What's your vehicle mileage? I also got a free car battery changed recently...mine is Elantra AD Oct 2017...36k mileage

Hi all,

Anyone know the model of oil filter for Avante 2019 and where to get it cheap?

Thanks

Stockist...Song Yi...Min Ghee

• Praise 1

4hrs....

Hi Familymanz,

So how is it after the change? Everything is back to normal? Hope to get some feedback.

From my understanding, changing of steering column should not affect wheel alignment, I hope everything is good?

I am prepared to leave the car there for one full day. Going to change it next Monday.

• Praise 1

What's the sound you hearing?

Hi,

For those asking how a steering column issue sound like.

It's like when you turn your steering, there's rubbing sound or clicking sound. Soft but can be heard. And it will not go away.

Whenever it turn, the sound will be there. I do admit at certain point the sound can hardly be heard, but I think it is at it's worst when car is at cold start.

And yes, from what I gather so far, its the 2018 batch so far that has this issue. I will be changing mine next Monday and I will update after I drive it for a few days.

Hi Familymanz,

So how is it after the change? Everything is back to normal? Hope to get some feedback.

From my understanding, changing of steering column should not affect wheel alignment, I hope everything is good?

I am prepared to leave the car there for one full day. Going to change it next Monday.

The sound is gone. SA went test drive with me including alignment check.

Alignment will run. Tats for sure. Cos they may not have straighten the wheel during fixing.

Just a note. They always blast aircon during such despite my repeated warning. Same as last. My avaergae milage goes to 8kml from 12kml.... U can imagine how long they on the aircon....

The SA speechless when I point to the knob and meters. Tats why I never go back KMC even for servicing....

Hi,

For those asking how a steering column issue sound like.

It's like when you turn your steering, there's rubbing sound or clicking sound. Soft but can be heard. And it will not go away.

Whenever it turn, the sound will be there. I do admit at certain point the sound can hardly be heard, but I think it is at it's worst when car is at cold start.

And yes, from what I gather so far, its the 2018 batch so far that has this issue. I will be changing mine next Monday and I will update after I drive it for a few days.

Ask the SA to take a spin with u after change.. Circling KMC 2 rounds should see the diff... Hands off and let the car roll straight... And u can note if alignment is good or not

The sound is gone. SA went test drive with me including alignment check.

Alignment will run. Tats for sure. Cos they may not have straighten the wheel during fixing.

Just a note. They always blast aircon during such despite my repeated warning. Same as last. My avaergae milage goes to 8kml from 12kml.... U can imagine how long they on the aircon....

The SA speechless when I point to the knob and meters. Tats why I never go back KMC even for servicing....

Ask the SA to take a spin with u after change.. Circling KMC 2 rounds should see the diff... Hands off and let the car roll straight... And u can note if alignment is good or not

just an update after 2k ... the sound is coming back abit. feedback in next servicing
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

just an update after 2k ... the sound is coming back abit. feedback in next servicing

You have changed the steering column and the sound is coming back?