2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Does anyone has issue with the HP rear camera that comes with the car? Mine just disconnect by itself every few secs while driving. Did factory reset but still the same.

What is the Rear camera setting? 1080p or 720p? I tried setting mine to 720p. It showed ‘Rear camera disconnected’ even after reboot. When I changed it back to 1080p, it works.
↡ Advertisement

Does anyone has issue with the HP rear camera that comes with the car? Mine just disconnect by itself every few secs while driving. Did factory reset but still the same.

Did u take out the front camera SD card to verify that front n back recording is taking place? When u crank car, the cam will auto power (front n back camera) on if it is electrically connected. It appears to blackout but it is actually recording front n back. U can see the red faint light at top right corner of the front camera.

Check that power is supplied to front n back camera.

SD card only 32GB. It is read only so u can't delete the video files. When SD card is full, it will just overwrite existing files, so if u need those old files, better remove SD card to save out the old files that u need.

• Praise 1

Did u take out the front camera SD card to verify that front n back recording is taking place? When u crank car, the cam will auto power (front n back camera) on if it is electrically connected. It appears to blackout but it is actually recording front n back. U can see the red faint light at top right corner of the front camera.

SD card only 32GB. It is read only so u can't delete the video files. When SD card is full, it will just overwrite existing files, so if u need those old files, better remove SD card to save out the old files that u need.

U can set the viewing screen to be permanent 'on' if u want.

• Praise 1

What is the Rear camera setting? 1080p or 720p? I tried setting mine to 720p. It showed ‘Rear camera disconnected’ even after reboot. When I changed it back to 1080p, it works.

Thanks! I will try later.

The camera does turn on and when I start the car but in the screen if the camera, it will show an error that “rear camera disconnected” every few secs.

I haven’t try taking out the SD card to view the files but I suppose it is recording i think. Because the recording timer is running but just that the “rear camera disconnected” error just kept popping out

It actually happen since day 1 when I collect the car but I didn’t realize that till was on the road and my very unhelpful SE told me to read the camera manual lol. I’ll try the above suggestion if cannot guess I will have to get KMC to check during my 1k servicing

Edited by Shirleyyy
  • Praise 1

Hi bro n sis, for 1k servicing, how much does KMC charge for no servicing package? service manual state just change engine oil right? I heard long queue n long wait, maybe half day wait. Website state $86.50 to $182.50. really chop carrot! Might as well do same job outside workshop

Hi bro n sis, for 1k servicing, how much does KMC charge for no servicing package? service manual state just change engine oil right? I heard long queue n long wait, maybe half day wait. Website state $86.50 to $182.50. really chop carrot! Might as well do same job outside workshop

It boils down whether you want to give up the warranty. Yes , you may save 50 dollars or so but it that money saved will not make you any richer.
  • Praise 1

You don't have even the first 3 servicing labor free vouchers?

You can bring your own EO....they will only charge you the parts of gasket/oil filter...provided you have the above first 3 servicing labor free vouchers.

Very minimal charges....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro n sis, for 1K servicing, need make apportionment in before or just drive in and join in the long queue??? will going my 1K servicing in 1 to 2 weeks. THX:))

• Praise 1

I thought I have the vouchers for first 2 free labour. I go back dig...thanks

Hi bro n sis, for 1K servicing, need make apportionment in before or just drive in and join in the long queue??? will going my 1K servicing in 1 to 2 weeks. THX:))

I booked on 14 nov noon. I gave them car plate number. But they never ask me for contact number. They say will SMS me. Not sure if this is right way ? Do they know my contact number based on car plate ?

Hi bro n sis, for 1K servicing, need make apportionment in before or just drive in and join in the long queue??? will going my 1K servicing in 1 to 2 weeks. THX:))

I will try to make appt for available slots....else you can try to walk in lor.....but must be super early.....like 8am....Alexandra is their main...alternatively its at Kembangan

I thought I have the vouchers for first 2 free labour. I go back dig...thanks

I booked on 14 nov noon. I gave them car plate number. But they never ask me for contact number. They say will SMS me. Not sure if this is right way ? Do they know my contact number based on car plate ?

Yes....provided your mobile number hasn't change and the same contact number given to your SE....otherwise you can still go for your appt....cause the SMS is just a reminder only

Looking to buy a new Hyundai Cerato. Anyone know any good sales person with Komoco to introduce? Thanks.

Wah hybrid car ..

The looks of a k3 and all six airbags ...

Cool car

Dear all, What your experience on fuels consumption of Elantra-S. The spec sheet says 6.4L / 100km (I.e. 15km/L). But so far, my experience for 2-week is full tank (40-L) only get about 400km... that's 10km/L. I use RON95 Esso fuels.

Noticed many people have such habit of shifting the gear to N when stopped at traffic lights. But dont know will it really wear out the gearbox components faster?!

I don't think that will cause any problem... I drove my Toyota for 6 yrs doing that. Not sure any savings fuels, I just want to rest my foot; not to step on the brake all the time when waiting at Traffic light.
  • Praise 1

Dear all, What your experience on fuels consumption of Elantra-S. The spec sheet says 6.4L / 100km (I.e. 15km/L). But so far, my experience for 2-week is full tank (40-L) only get about 400km... that's 10km/L. I use RON95 Esso fuels.

I don't think that will cause any problem... I drove my Toyota for 6 yrs doing that. Not sure any savings fuels, I just want to rest my foot; not to step on the brake all the time when waiting at Traffic light.

Same here. More of resting my right leg than to save fuel. Lol
  • Praise 1

Looking to buy a new Hyundai Elantra. Anyone know any good sales person with Komoco to introduce? Thanks.

Just be mentally prepared to collect your car 3-8days after registered with LTA.
↡ Advertisement