2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Pay for what? 90k for something shittier than a FD4? Mlnlwml

90k price point for elantra turbo is reasonable if the OMV is around 17-20k range. As you can see, the i30 was going for 89k during car expo and it's OMV is around 18k range.

If hyundai can transition more of its models to its czech plant, I think the continental origin will make it more attractive to ppl.

PS: The Tucson is also made in Czech Republic but seems Komoco ordered the stock from the korean plant instead

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

90k price point for elantra turbo is reasonable if the OMV is around 17-20k range. As you can see, the i30 was going for 89k during car expo and it's OMV is around 18k range.

If hyundai can transition more of its models to its czech plant, I think the continental origin will make it more attractive to ppl.

PS: The Tucson is also made in Czech Republic but seems Komoco ordered the stock from the korean plant instead

90k I'm referring to civic 1.6

yes agreed that Hyundai have improved, was driving Chevrolet aveo previously, also Korean made. The quality was not there, more than 10yrs back.

Thought Chevrolet was GM made? U mean assembled in Korea? Edited by wilsonkeat

I think we can say that the Elantra Sport and the normal Elantra are 2 different cars all together in terms of handling and performance.

So one considering a normal Elantra would never consider the Sport, same as if you are considering a 1.6L Civic you won't consider the 1.5T if really budget is in mind with almost 30k in difference.

So my take is bring in the Elantra Sport, price it right and who knows it might just sell. I believe there are lots out there waiting for a value packed warm sedan/hatch.

Pricing reasonably I don't see why KMC can't do it since I think they got it right with the i30 Hatch.

Or maybe they are just awaiting the i30N introduction here, but then again that is into hot hatch territory.

Hello velestor turbo and NA all no longer selling. Too expensive liao.

Hello velestor turbo and NA all no longer selling. Too expensive liao.

Thanks for the info but I don't get your point of comparing Veloster [confused] Never a practical and mainstream car to compare with. Totally in a different market.

I mean if you are comparing the 1.6T then maybe but different models have different price structure even with the same engine.

Who knows maybe KMC can price it around 105k? seems reasonable but of course we will never know.

I think we can say that the Elantra Sport and the normal Elantra are 2 different cars all together in terms of handling and performance.

So one considering a normal Elantra would never consider the Sport, same as if you are considering a 1.6L Civic you won't consider the 1.5T if really budget is in mind with almost 30k in difference.

So my take is bring in the Elantra Sport, price it right and who knows it might just sell. I believe there are lots out there waiting for a value packed warm sedan/hatch.

Pricing reasonably I don't see why KMC can't do it since I think they got it right with the i30 Hatch.

Or maybe they are just awaiting the i30N introduction here, but then again that is into hot hatch territory.

You can see and test drive Elantra Sports in JB... I saw them... double exhaust, Turbo engine. The seats have cuts of red leather in center. 125k Ringgit.... SGD42k :). Can't be that expensive... add another 25k COE in ... 67k... KMC sure can still get profit... if they selling it at 75-85k range in SG Edited by Vicloo

Actually.. I did own a Chery before......quality not comparable. Even the China people don't want to drive

Can't say the same for Honda and Hyundai.

Hyundai has come a long way from its excel/pony days.

As for the Japs, they can continue to dream and sell at this kind of pricing and lose all the market share.

They are closely priced in many countries now like USA and U.K... different of Jap and Korean by 1-4k for the same range cars... only spore still 10-20k different. :).

Just search Google for car prices in U.K. u will see that...

• Praise 2

Its been a while since I posted on this forum.  I have lost track of it. Why I come in today is I kena a very bad service from their service centre today and I thought I come in to share...bros and sis pls be aware! Check their work!

I don't know whether its the beginning of the end for komoco cos I have not experienced such crap service before. 

I sent in my car for 40K servicing today and told them front left power window is lethargic. The service advisor wrote everything down enthusiastically and I thought problem will be solved.

I just collected the car and I did not check thinking all should be ok since no feedback was given. While driving back home, i pressed my steering control switches and discovered it is not working...no problems before i send my car in...now got problem after i collect it...every drivers worst nightmare!

I quickly tested the windows and true enough, still lethargic. what the hell...nothing done.

the service centre guy did call me twice during the day - ask me whether want to change battery and tyre when in fact both are Ok.

Now i have to arrange another time to get things fixed. I used to be able to trust them to do a good job...to the extent I don't need to check their work. After today i discovered things are not the same anymore. 

If they continue this type of crap service, good luck to them. 

• Praise 2

quite irresponsible of them. I also experienced before one accessory on the gearknob went missing after servicing, luckily it was found by their service advisor. or probably they are loaded with 1K, 5K and 10K servicing for new rides.

• Praise 1

The market positioning of CIVIC and Elantra are different. Buyer profile also very different.

I think I agree here... the Honda badge and the Hyundai badge have different reputations. What I mean is that people perceive them differently. This applies to Toyota as well. So the pricing reflects that difference in perception. Toyota and Honda always costs more than Hyundai. This is quite unique to Singapore.

My basic assumption is that Komoco has done their market research and know that the majority of buyers won't pay a price equal or more than that of a Japanese make.

I mean someone just higher up posted that Civic vs Opel - take the Continental. So the pecking order of perceptions remains: Continental better than Japanese better than Korean.

It is also very common to see and hear someone say pay so much for Korean car, top up a bit and get a Japanese car lar...

So this rather long preamble serves to underscore the reality that it's difficult to sell an Elantra Sport in Singapore. Who would pay a premium for such a car when you could opt for a Japanese car? And while many of us here may do so, are we in the majority?

Basically I'm not holding my breath for the Elantra Sport or similar vehicles from Hyundai / Kia to come in. Our market is simply too small.

• Praise 3

You can see and test drive Elantra Sports in JB... I saw them... double exhaust, Turbo engine. The seats have cuts of red leather in center. 125k Ringgit.... SGD42k :). Can't be that expensive... add another 25k COE in ... 67k... KMC sure can still get profit... if they selling it at 75-85k range in SG

Do you know the car tax difference between here and up north?
  • Praise 1

Hello, anyone managed to secure COE this time round?

Saw there is 38% unsuccessful bid (1092 bids)...many buyers this time or these are just backlog?

Congrats to those who successfully got their COE! Best timing to enter is when u place an order to the AD and successfully got an COE even it has risen.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2