2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi, I just collected my car on Saturday with the HP car cam fitted. I noticed that the cam LCD screen will display the live images when I start engine, but it goes off after a few secs. The image comes back on upon pressing any button on the cam, but goes off again after a while. It is something like a screensaver mode.

Can I check if this is a normal feature or is there a problem with my cam? Will be taking out the SD card to confirm that the cam is recording the images.

It is on screen saver mode by default, you can change it to always on from setting.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Congrats on getting ur new ride.

I changed mine immediately after collecting car. Original was 15â Nexen, changed to 17â Kumho PS71. The Kumho felt quieter compared to Nexen despite having lower profile, but tyres are too new to conclude now.

If u plan to change, better do it asap so ur stock wheels still have higher trade in value.

How much is the trade in value for stock 15" rims and tyres? How much you top up for the new 17" pairs?

How much is the trade in value for stock 15" rims and tyres? How much you top up for the new 17" pairs?

My deal with the tyre shop was a bit complicated. Didn’t really ask how much the shop took in my 15” wheels, but I’m guessing it’s in the range of $250-300.

1)Transferred the 17” rims from my old car, n bought new set of 17” tyres.

2)Traded in the stock 15” wheels from new car for a set of used 16” wheels to be fixed on old car before handing over to Komoco. Got a $50 credit from this, to offset the new tyres purchase.

Do rmbr to also transfer the TPMS when changing rims. Didn’t know that my basic trim has them too.

It is on screen saver mode by default, you can change it to always on from setting.

Thanks bro. Will check out the settings Edited by Whitemorning

Congrats on getting ur new ride.

I changed mine immediately after collecting car. Original was 15â Nexen, changed to 17â Kumho PS71. The Kumho felt quieter compared to Nexen despite having lower profile, but tyres are too new to conclude now.

If u plan to change, better do it asap so ur stock wheels still have higher trade in value.

Thanks for the reply.

My deal with the tyre shop was a bit complicated. Didnât really ask how much the shop took in my 15â wheels, but Iâm guessing itâs in the range of $250-300.

1)Transferred the 17â rims from my old car, n bought new set of 17â tyres.

2)Traded in the stock 15â wheels from new car for a set of used 16â wheels to be fixed on old car before handing over to Komoco. Got a $50 credit from this, to offset the new tyres purchase.

Do rmbr to also transfer the TPMS when changing rims. Didnât know that my basic trim has them too.

Thanks bro. Will check out the settings

Do you need to transfer TPMS when you change tyre?

Anyway what is your omv for basic trim?

Thanks for the reply.

Do you need to transfer TPMS when you change tyre?

Anyway what is your omv for basic trim?

Think my OMV is abt $10k+

The TPMS are fixed into the rims, so no need to remove if just changing tyres. But do get the tyre shop to check for air leakage.

Sorry to hijack,

trade in current 15'rim with tyre $300.

New 17" rim $195 a piece and 215 tyre michelin $190 a piece.

• Praise 3

My deal with the tyre shop was a bit complicated. Didnât really ask how much the shop took in my 15â wheels, but Iâm guessing itâs in the range of $250-300.

1)Transferred the 17â rims from my old car, n bought new set of 17â tyres.

2)Traded in the stock 15â wheels from new car for a set of used 16â wheels to be fixed on old car before handing over to Komoco. Got a $50 credit from this, to offset the new tyres purchase.

Do rmbr to also transfer the TPMS when changing rims. Didnât know that my basic trim has them too.

Thanks bro. Will check out the settings

Yes basic trim now has TPMS. SE specially mentioned this when I made an enquiry...
  • Praise 2

After turning off the engine, I let the HP cam F870g shuts down. Then press its power on button to turn it on again and disconnected the rear cam 2CH. I tried letting it to record from my office carpark from 7.19am to 8.16am. After that, there was no more footage saved. So I guess it shut off itself after that. It seems to be able to record for about 57 minutes by manually turning on the cam after engine off. I forgot to check what was the cam built-in Li-ion battery level before leaving the car. Will update again if I remember to check it.

Edited by wilsonkeat
  • Praise 3

I thought the basic trim was so basic that it wouldnât have TPMS ðð Luckily the tyre shop boss noticed the air nozzle n realized the TPMS.

Basic trim all safety features not compromised. 6 airbags, ESC, hill assist...which new Cerato basic trim does not have. Lol.
  • Praise 1

No point to pay more (a few K) for fancy features if they are not related to safety & performance aspect.

It's like insurance...

I quote one of my favourite speaker, Dr Andrew Goh:

You get it when you don't want it so you have it when u need it

• Praise 2

It's like insurance...

I quote one of my favourite speaker, Dr Andrew Goh:

You get it when you don't want it so you have it when u need it

Pay more for something you don't need it now is really.......you all complete the sentence.

Lol.

Bought the armrest tray for Elantra by mistake (thinking it will fit i30).  If anyone keen, pls PM me! 

try carousell will have faster response, but people slash your price too.

I dun represent carousell, just suggesting. thanks

• Praise 5

Bought the armrest tray for Elantra by mistake (thinking it will fit i30). If anyone keen, pls PM me!

Location? If not too far, I might be ok to take
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1