2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi,

I watched some of the recorded clips on the 32GB that was provided with HP F870G.

I agree that the quality of clips are good, during day. Night clips are also good enough.

With 32GB, dashcam is able to store recorded clips from a day before. In my case, it stored a day drive, a night drive, and then another day drive. Each drive average duration was 20 minutes.

Only thing is that there is no wifi to watch clips from smartphone. But I think for a dashcam that is given free, I can do without it. At least it has GPS, that's a bonus.

Actually in build GPS for dashcam is very common for mid range dashcam.. dun noe why iRoad one is not inbuild... 

↡ Advertisement

I am using normal strontium sd card for 1 yr plus. no problem. but i seldom park under the sun.

Sounds positive for normal micro SD.

Btw, why my recording clips are 1+ minutes each? Haven't figure out how to set longer....will explore this weekend. Are you facing the same issue?

Btw, why my recording clips are 1+ minutes each? Haven't figure out how to set longer....will explore this weekend. Are you facing the same issue?

can set in the setting up to 3 or 5 mins if i am not wrong

Would any experts share how to format such that a 128gb card can be used in the HP dashcam? Saw on a previous post that it seems possible

Hi, you can check out this.

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/format-128gb-sd-card-to-fat32.html

it is not straight forward and i did not try it on HP cam as i change to iroad. However i did try it on my older cam which is a papago which only accept 64gb max. it works and i assume it should work on hp cam

this is for your info. do it at with your expenses allow.

Edited by Devilcup

Mine too... Didn’t know can set longer...

can set in the setting up to 3 or 5 mins if i am not wrong

How? Can pls share?

Alright, will try to figure out this weekend.

Try today, confirm can set to max 3 mins per clip. Under menu - recording interval...option to choose 30 seconds, 1 min and 3 mins.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Carlson55

Is the HP dashcam always on? If so, does it drain the car battery faster?

I had a bad experience with iroad. If I leave it on, my car battery goes flat after 6 months despite regular driving.

I had a bad experience with iroad. If I leave it on, my car battery goes flat after 6 months despite regular driving.

The free cam that KMC gave has been modified by KMC so the Parking mode is not available. When Key Off, cam will turn off. I still don’t understand why KMC did so.

Hi im planning to get this elantra. This will be my very 1st car . Anyone knows how much insurance premium will be for me age 35+ with driving exp 10+.

Me looking at opc car as my workplace is near home and daily riding bike. More for weekend family use.

• Praise 1

The free cam that KMC gave has been modified by KMC so the Parking mode is not available. When Key Off, cam will turn off. I still don’t understand why KMC did so.

For the Iroad dashcam, when the voltage reaches a certain low level after a few mins of parking, it will shut off itself. But still the battery goes flat after 6 months. So subsequently, I had to remember to manually unplug the wire from the Iroad whenever I had parked the car, which was troublesome.

I hope the Elantra/Avante HP dashcam does not have this issue of shortening battery life?

• Praise 1

Hi im planning to get this elantra. This will be my very 1st car . Anyone knows how much insurance premium will be for me age 35+ with driving exp 10+.

Me looking at opc car as my workplace is near home and daily riding bike. More for weekend family use.

$1400 thereabout

I’m in the same age and years of driving experience as you. This is my first new car too. I just got billed with about $1600++ yearly insurance premium by AXA for non-OPC usage.

For the Iroad dashcam, when the voltage reaches a certain low level after a few mins of parking, it will shut off itself. But still the battery goes flat after 6 months. So subsequently, I had to remember to manually unplug the wire from the Iroad whenever I had parked the car, which was troublesome.

I hope the Elantra/Avante HP dashcam does not have this issue of shortening battery life?

I don’t know for now coz just driven for 2 mths. I think it won’t drain the battery coz after key switch off, it’ll stop recording n turn off.

No parking mode available. You can enable collision detection, if someone hit your car, cam will be immediately triggered to on and start recording under "emergency mode". "Emergency mode" means that the recorded video will NOT be auto overwrite once storage full.

In practical, not sure how reliable of this option.

I don’t know for now coz just driven for 2 mths. I think it won’t drain the battery coz after key switch off, it’ll stop recording n turn off.

My IRoad previously also switched off itself after a few mins of parking. Meaning powered down totally and no more recording. But somehow it still affected the battery life in the long run. So I guess there must be some residual current still running through the device.

Iâm in the same age and years of driving experience as you. This is my first new car too. I just got billed with about $1600++ yearly insurance premium by AXA for non-OPC usage.

Thanks for the info. 1.6k 0% NCD is fine for me. Now left to go kmc do booking. 12k booking fee right for new car?
↡ Advertisement