2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

You're of course comparing it to the Accent? But when comparing to the basic trims of other competitors? How would that compare? Of course may not be possible to compare given maybe drastically different prices...

I think he is comparing the current basic avante with elantra.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You're of course comparing it to the Accent? But when comparing to the basic trims of other competitors? How would that compare? Of course may not be possible to compare given maybe drastically different prices...

Compared to altis... Altis basic trim. Is really.... And it's alot more expensive. Like $20k?

Even altis highest spec does not have rear aircon and does not have hill start assist.

I think he is comparing the current basic avante with elantra.

Yup. The previous elantra, basic trim is lacking on items. Edited by Ivan_06

Compared to altis... Altis basic trim. Is really.... And it's alot more expensive. Like $20k?

Even altis highest spec does not have rear aircon and does not have hill start assist.

Yup. The previous elantra, basic trim is lacking on items.

If I will to buy, I would prefer less features (& not willing to fork out extra money as car is not an asset) as there will be less tendency for extra features to add extra loading to the battery.

• Praise 1

If I will to buy, I would prefer less features (& not willing to fork out extra money as car is not an asset) as there will be less tendency for extra features to add extra loading to the battery.

Yeah that's why car makers cater to buyers' need by having different trims. More features might be beneficial for some but not others. No offence.
  • Praise 1

Anyone used to head north at NSHW? I find it steering wheel is still light even cruising at 110km/h. Is that normal? I suppose steering wheel will be on heavy side for stability when driving at high speed?

Yup. The previous elantra, basic trim is lacking on items.

Bro... I think the only two things extra this Avante basic has over the previous Elantra cash are the 7 inch screen plus rear aircon right? In fact I thought towards the end of the model life for the Elantra basic, also got the 7 inch screen right?

Bro... I think the only two things extra this Avante basic has over the previous Elantra cash are the 7 inch screen plus rear aircon right? In fact I thought towards the end of the model life for the Elantra basic, also got the 7 inch screen right?

It still has drive mode selection.. Not sure about the rest..

has anyone managed to fill up to 50L for fuel tank? I topped up full tank with 20 km left is about 46L only. Think can go some more?

50 litres would mean tank dry. I managed to top up 48.750L. I cannot remember how many km was left.

has anyone managed to fill up to 50L for fuel tank? I topped up full tank with 20 km left is about 46L only. Think can go some more?

Confirm can... cos left 4 L of fuel... at least 40 km more if you conservatively estimate 10 km/L... when your low fuel indicator light comes on, usually still got 10 L left in the tank or about 100 km more...

For my car, the lowest I ever allow the trip computer to drop to is 19 km left... I wonder if the light will blink if left only 1 L...

Edited by teomingern

I feel that rear Aircon for a 1.6 Korean sedan is overhyped.

It is not a critical feature.

But that's me! To each his own.

For larger sedans or mpvs. Yes very important

I feel that rear Aircon for a 1.6 Korean sedan is overhyped.

It is not a critical feature.

But that's me! To each his own.

For larger sedans or mpvs. Yes very important

Actually for my Sonata also not much of a big deal lor... only those aircon with fan speed or fan speed and temperature control then is a big deal... like mine where it's basically an auxiliary blower, not much effect...

Actually for my Sonata also not much of a big deal lor... only those aircon with fan speed or fan speed and temperature control then is a big deal... like mine where it's basically an auxiliary blower, not much effect...

Exactly.

I used to have picnic and odyssey. Yes these are important.

For those compact sedans like avante. Theres really no need for rear Aircon.

Well people are going to call me sour grapes again.

• Praise 1

Exactly.

I used to have picnic and odyssey. Yes these are important.

For those compact sedans like avante. Theres really no need for rear Aircon.

Well people are going to call me sour grapes again.

I also drove 2 odyssey before , their air outlet are mounted on the roof and very powerful somehow, very important for 3rd row passengers.

The sedan 2nd row air outlets is at knee level, not very effective and I find it not as cold.

Anyone used to head north at NSHW? I find it steering wheel is still light even cruising at 110km/h. Is that normal? I suppose steering wheel will be on heavy side for stability when driving at high speed?

I feel that the steering is stable at 110KM/h. Don’t feel light. But maybe your feeling and mine are different.
  • Praise 1

Anyone experiences scratches on the 3M UV coating... I used sun screen cover, several scratches created easily on the main front view window :(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1