2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

It has been a while. Recently my aircon got a leak.... just replace the cooling coil with KMC. Anyone here has the same issue? my car is going 3 yrs this year.

↡ Advertisement

On 6/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, Devilcup said:

It has been a while. Recently my aircon got a leak.... just replace the cooling coil with KMC. Anyone here has the same issue? my car is going 3 yrs this year.

Aircon not cold due to that? Touchwood, mine still ok. But i realised my AD Avante intermittently have issues with the front and rear left speaker.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, Ahtea said:

Aircon not cold due to that? Touchwood, mine still ok. But i realised my AD Avante intermittently have issues with the front and rear left speaker.

Might be loosening connection?

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Might be loosening connection?

Yea, that is my suspect. Not sure if they actually did install the speakers locally or they did some additional sound proofing, touched some wires.

27 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

Yea, that is my suspect. Not sure if they actually did install the speakers locally or they did some additional sound proofing, touched some wires.

Should be factory speakers... But the head unit is likely locally installed, so the connection from the head unit to the speakers may not be fastened properly or the vibrations loosened the connectors...

12 hours ago, teomingern said:

Should be factory speakers... But the head unit is likely locally installed, so the connection from the head unit to the speakers may not be fastened properly or the vibrations loosened the connectors...

I think from 2018 onwards, the HU is factory fitted (I stand corrected). 

14 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

I think from 2018 onwards, the HU is factory fitted (I stand corrected). 

Anyway, your car still under warranty... can go back to Komoco to check lor...

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Anyway, your car still under warranty... can go back to Komoco to check lor...

Yea, see next service how. I also a bit scared of their service centre now after seeing how they solve my boot issue. Write in complain also no one bother to follow up and reply.

19 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

Yea, see next service how. I also a bit scared of their service centre now after seeing how they solve my boot issue. Write in complain also no one bother to follow up and reply.

Maybe I'm old school but I don't ever use email to ask company to solve my problem... just takes too long and has too many permutations for communications to be misinterpreted... I just call and speak to the service officer before sending the car in... and really during this period, probably easier to get through than before... ha ha... your mileage may vary... but so far I am quite pleased with their service... I think you caught them at the peak of sales figures and so the whole support team was stretched to service and get new cars ready...

• Praise 1

On 6/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, Ahtea said:

so far after replaced no issue! Crossing my finger on that!

I also recommend to go back KMC for check if it still under warranty. if not, just go to car audio shop do they can help you.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, Compro said:

@teomingern KMC workshop has poor workmanship and quality control. I would stay away from them.

I mean I don't use them for servicing so I won't know... but I go back for repairs or warranty claims... seems ok so far... must qualify that I didn't have any major repairs but they did replace my steering wheel well... no issue... it solved the clicking sound which might have been something loose inside... they replaced the whole steering wheel cos they couldn't find the source of the fault... ha...

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, sorry if I sounded noob, looking to own my first car.

I’m thinking of  buying a used car, and currently looking at the avante, just wondering how’s the experience using the car after 3-4 years? Does it require high maintenance. Any things to take note for this car after a few years down? 

thanks for all the advice

In general is fine. Only thing quite disappointed to me is the service quality of KMC workshop. If the car is maintained other then KMC. I believe it will be in better condition.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, Kentona said:

Hi all, sorry if I sounded noob, looking to own my first car.

I’m thinking of  buying a used car, and currently looking at the avante, just wondering how’s the experience using the car after 3-4 years? Does it require high maintenance. Any things to take note for this car after a few years down? 

thanks for all the advice

No it will not need high maintenance... service outside of Komoco, buy your own parts from the stockists - Min Ghee or Song Yi... follow the owner's manual for replacement of consumables... you'll be fine...

17 hours ago, Compro said:

In general is fine. Only thing quite disappointed to me is the service quality of KMC workshop. If the car is maintained other then KMC. I believe it will be in better condition.

Don't need to go back to Komoco... just service the car outside... return only for warranty claims or diagnostics for major issues... unlikely to have major issues lar...

• Praise 1

I am driving 2018 Elantra. Experience a stinging smell every now and then in the cabin usually during the start of the drive since I took the car. 

Went to komoco, and after leaving the car for half a day, the advisor told me they couldn't simulate the fault. He gave a stupid reason that the smell might come from the carpet circulating in the car. 

After 4 years,  experiencing air con not cold. Went to komoco. They replaced the cooling coil and the air con is cold again. Thought the smell will be gone. I am wrong.  The smell still comes back once a while. 

Not sure the source of the smell. If it's refrigerant, the air con will not be cold which is not happening. 

Any bro could advise b4 I go back to komoco again and b4 the warranty is up. Should I go to Kembangan instead. 

↡ Advertisement