Racechip Ultimate

RaceLover

Based on the website TS provide the installer are United Automobile Services @ tradehub 21. However am not too sure if they are related to any of the 2 you know.

Don't think they are, never heard of them.

↡ Advertisement

Used this for almost 4 years. Can immediately feel the increase in torque. Car very responsive.

The best part is, didn't tell wifey I had this installed and when she drove it, the first words out of her mouth was Wah!

Down side, I can only use 98 Octane here. 95 Octane and those fuel from boleh land caused excessive knocking, even with V Power Racing. Destroyed my engine when my car was 15 months old.

After replacing new engine, I stuck to 98 Octane here and  never had any problem since.

On my road trips to boleh land, I unplug my chip when I needed to top up and only plug it back in after filling up with 98 back home.

Used this for almost 4 years. Can immediately feel the increase in torque. Car very responsive.

The best part is, didn't tell wifey I had this installed and when she drove it, the first words out of her mouth was Wah!

Down side, I can only use 98 Octane here. 95 Octane and those fuel from boleh land caused excessive knocking, even with V Power Racing. Destroyed my engine when my car was 15 months old.

After replacing new engine, I stuck to 98 Octane here and never had any problem since.

On my road trips to boleh land, I unplug my chip when I needed to top up and only plug it back in after filling up with 98 back home.

Well you can fill RON100 at Petron now. Butt feel on the M5 with Racechip is awesome, better than on Sg shell vpower.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros and sisters.

I've a racechip ultimate to let go for $500. Previously used on Golk MK7. 

RFS: changing car soon.

if interested, kindly contact me at 9one8283one2. Plug and play on MK7. If other cars, have to buy new harness/retune.

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

hi

just fitted my bmw520 with racechip ultimate i can feel the response immediately.

can i know according to the previous post does the fuel matters?

can any kind bro advice

tks

Hi bros and sisters.

I've a racechip ultimate to let go for $500. Previously used on Golk MK7.

RFS: changing car soon.

if interested, kindly contact me at 9one8283one2. Plug and play on MK7. If other cars, have to buy new harness/retune.

Thanks!

I get knocking from anything lower than 98.

Destroyed my engine.

I get knocking from anything lower than 98.

Destroyed my engine.

If you're chipped, filling anything less than 98 in SG is just irresponsible. There's no excuse.

Up North, there used to be the issue that the max you used to be able to get was 97. Most people found it usable. There might be knock, but your car's ECU is still functioning and can pull boost and timing to avoid engine damage.

In any case, RON 100 is now available in MY, which should be even more knock resistant than anything you can get in SG.

Edited by Turboflat4

If you're chipped, filling anything less than 98 in SG is just irresponsible. There's no excuse.

Up North, there used to be the issue that the max you used to be able to get was 97. Most people found it usable. There might be knock, but your car's ECU is still functioning and can pull boost and timing to avoid engine damage.

In any case, RON 100 is now available in MY, which should be even more knock resistant than anything you can get in SG.

Don't scare me leh... I pump 97 in Malaysia so far no issues

These Chip boxes are mostly not programmed in Asia where its hot and humid. A lot comes from Europe where the climate are different. The fuel also better then in Asia, maybe Singapore ok. Just don't risk your engine.  

Which installers will you guys recommend?  One that is responsive and know what they are doing (eg. Correct harness use) 

How easy is it to remove the RCU when sending car back to AD for servicing? 

Technically these piggyback style boxes do not leave any "hard"  evidence for ADs to trace (ECU flash count) via reading of their ECU but I suspect that it is impossible to hide the "soft"  evidence such as boost pressure history etc... Anyone have any experience whereby ADs denied their warranty claim based on such "soft"  evidence? 

I know the motto "want to mod no scared.  Scared no mod."  but I just want to have a better idea of the risk level to base my final decision on. Calculated risk I say.....  :D

• Praise 1

Read that you changed to AMG GT,  did you racechip this beast too? Did you have any problem with Munich for your previous Ms on RCU? 

Which installers will you guys recommend?  One that is responsive and know what they are doing (eg. Correct harness use) 

How easy is it to remove the RCU when sending car back to AD for servicing? 

Technically these piggyback style boxes do not leave any "hard"  evidence for ADs to trace (ECU flash count) via reading of their ECU but I suspect that it is impossible to hide the "soft"  evidence such as boost pressure history etc... Anyone have any experience whereby ADs denied their warranty claim based on such "soft"  evidence? 

I know the motto "want to mod no scared.  Scared no mod."  but I just want to have a better idea of the risk level to base my final decision on. Calculated risk I say.....  :D

how easy to remove for servicing depends on the model of car.  Some models have hard to reach MAF sensors.

why you will scared meh ...i thought you said you have a heavily modded legacy before?

ADs usually won't trace unless you going back for expensive warranty claims on engine or drivetrain lah

:D

my legacy where got heavily modded? small fry mod only..just downpipe ecutek supension and endless 6 pot brake. Furthermore I see MI no up....so already heck care the warranty after the 1st servicing.

now doing research for a more expensive car mah.... so must think carefully :D

how easy to remove for servicing depends on the model of car.  Some models have hard to reach MAF sensors.

why you will scared meh ...i thought you said you have a heavily modded legacy before?

ADs usually won't trace unless you going back for expensive warranty claims on engine or drivetrain lah

:D

my legacy where got heavily modded? small fry mod only..just downpipe ecutek supension and endless 6 pot brake. Furthermore I see MI no up....so already heck care the warranty after the 1st servicing.

now doing research for a more expensive car mah.... so must think carefully :D

wah....another amg gt coming

[thumbsup]  :D

Read that you changed to AMG GT,  did you racechip this beast too? Did you have any problem with Munich for your previous Ms on RCU? 

Not yet. I don't think there's a RCU for the AMG GT yet. There are other modules though. AMG is always less popular with the tuner market than M, maybe it's considered more "mature" (i.e. ah pek cars) than M, haha. :D

You have to play it safe - deinstall the module even for routine servicing. All they need is one photo of your engine bay to void future warranty claims on almost anything, even those completely unrelated to the engine. Reinstall after you get it back. It's either free or there's a nominal charge to do this, depending on which workshop you went to. Of course, you can do this yourself if you powerful enough lol.

Anyway, the M140i is bone stock.

And I *still* have the racechip ultimate for the M135i/M235i for sale!! [laugh] Lelong ah!

Edited by Turboflat4

Not yet. I don't think there's a RCU for the AMG GT yet. There are other modules though. AMG is always less popular with the tuner market than M, maybe it's considered more "mature" (i.e. ah pek cars) than M, haha. :D

You have to play it safe - deinstall the module even for routine servicing. All they need is one photo of your engine bay to void future warranty claims on almost anything, even those completely unrelated to the engine. Reinstall after you get it back. It's either free or there's a nominal charge to do this, depending on which workshop you went to. Of course, you can do this yourself if you powerful enough lol.

Anyway, the M140i is bone stock.

And I *still* have the racechip ultimate for the M135i/M235i for sale!! [laugh] Lelong ah!

I still see skepticism about this being no more than a throttle controller. That's why I'm still hesitating.

I prefer something plug and play, so it's either Racechip, Spider Chip by BMS, or a piggyback like Unichip.

Flashing is out cos my ecu is locked and I don't want to risk "frying" the unit.

RCU and Spider is like a generic map with no customisation. What if it's really just tuning the throttle response? That's not value for money at all.

Unichip requires splicing of wires which I don't want, but it offers better tuneability and customisation. It's very expensive too, was quoted $1.55k for a dyno tune.

How ah like that. Haiz.

↡ Advertisement