Buying a Pickup Truck / SUV . (Need advice)

KimHeng_142223

Just for your info

Not all double cabs can registered S plate.

In Singapore, the criteria's for registration of a pickup truck into S plate is very vague.

Anyway, all pick up trucks can be registered as S plate except SsangYong (I ask before liao and check with LTA and I have no idea why). You need to top up at least $45,000.00.

wait what!? can buy as S plate !? i heard of it before but didn't know its even possible! REALLY?! lol

this could be a game changer.

I wish i can give you the biggest thumbs up! LOL damn nice!

NICE! finally someone with a 2016 tucson speak up! hahahaha was thinking why aren't anybody talking about it. yes hyundai looks good from the front. what about the back boot space? i just went down to see the harrier. looks quite spacious. i notice the hyundai should be 200 - 400 mm shorter then the harrier. is the boot size small? need your experience opinion man!

oh have you consider the harrier before your purchase and why did you choose hyundai at the end? :D

look wise is not bad, but i preferred something with Height where the SUV would come in. the car in the picture is consider a wagon/mvp right?

The back boot space is huge enough n i am not sure what kinda of things/tools u wanna fill it up with.

I am not very sure about the length.

Someone told me that Harrier is PI's car and not from AD, i wanna avoid car from PI as had some bad experiences. (Not all are those that i met)

Actually my daughter chose the car cause she is a die hard K-pop supporter. I looked into the car and I told myself 'Why not? Full Spec'

Care to share what freebies you got? There is some decent profit margin on my deal and I'm wondering if there's anything extra I can ask for besides car mats and solar film.

3M mats?

What solar film?

When u got ur car?

I still running in the Km and really a torture to drive like that.

Checked n itt read 1 litre to 7km. hahaha

The back boot space is huge enough n i am not sure what kinda of things/tools u wanna fill it up with.

Someone told me that Harrier is PI's car and not from AD, i wanna avoid car from PI as had some bad experiences. (Not all are those that i met)

Actually my daughter chose the car cause she is a die hard K-pop supporter. I looked into the car and I told myself 'Why not? Full Spec'

3M mats?

What solar film?

When u got ur car?

Haven't collected. You got 3M mats and solar film?

Turbocharged

look wise is not bad, but i preferred something with Height where the SUV would come in. the car in the picture is consider a wagon/mvp right?

Wait till you see the interior ba.

citroen-ds5-first-interior-photos_1.jpg

It's actually, officially speaking, a crossover shooting-brake. It is technically more of a wagon, but also has a number of SUV cues, though with a lower ride height than most SUVs will.

Its actually still compact class (4.6m) but due to its very low roofline it looks very long. Looks sibei swee and is quite practical, but at the moment they only sell the 110hp diesel. And not cheap also haha. And Citroen reliability, very questionable. What's more, the ride quality usually said to be very poor. Then the ETG transmission.... oh boy you wait for the complaints about that.

But if looks are priority, walao, this car, one of my faves for look.

Just for your info

Not all double cabs can registered S plate.

In Singapore, the criteria's for registration of a pickup truck into S plate is very vague.

Anyway, all pick up trucks can be registered as S plate except SsangYong (I ask before liao and check with LTA and I have no idea why). You need to top up at least $45,000.00.

Thanks for the info!

3M mats?

What solar film?

When u got ur car?

Whats the price like when you bought it?

Anybody know the price for

Hyundai Tucson

And

Harrier premium with sunroof

What kinda price should i be looking at that is considering a good price?

I saw a Merz-Benz CLA180 cost 170k-ish pretty cheap for a nice brand uh.

Turbocharged

At that price however, be aware that the CLA180 comes with a lot of things lacking. Not to mention the Shooting Brake (wagon variant) that is better suited for load lugging is more expensive.

Speaking of which, you might want to consider a Mercedes B200 or B180 then, if you are willing to pay more for badge than for equipment.

Thanks for the info!

Whats the price like when you bought it?

Anybody know the price for

Hyundai Tucson

And

Harrier premium with sunroof

What kinda price should i be looking at that is considering a good price?

Hahaha now u had widen ur searches to sedan.

I paid about 135k for it n if i am not wrong, it is selling at 141k

Thank you for your detailed explanation !

if its really 2-3k road tax, kinda bohua already aright? i love how pick up looks but i think most would preferred the SUV over it.

I think the navara have some turbo charge too, should be quite shiok.

is it confirmed that cars at any dealer ship have to down payment 50%? or some might give you a higher loan rate? depends on the company/dealer or is it a rule?

Wu hua bo hua you decide. If have money, then wu hua. To me, ask me to pay $500 I also find bo hua. It will be shiok if you can lut the turbo and chiong fast. Turbo in truck in Singapore is waste time, go until 70km/h have to control speed. But it is good for overtaking. These turbo charge truck, can easily qie those normal sedan car.

Not only at dealers, even PI also have to pay 50%. It is a MAS regulation. You can find people give you higher loan rate, that also say the interest also high. Depend on you, got money buy nice car, no money don't buy car. Or maybe, register G plate so you only need to up front 10% and slowly instalment.

Edited by Passion
  • Praise 1

At that price however, be aware that the CLA180 comes with a lot of things lacking. Not to mention the Shooting Brake (wagon variant) that is better suited for load lugging is more expensive.

Speaking of which, you might want to consider a Mercedes B200 or B180 then, if you are willing to pay more for badge than for equipment.

OH! then i shouldn't be looking at Benz then.. hahahaha

Hahaha now u had widen ur searches to sedan.

I paid about 135k for it n if i am not wrong, it is selling at 141k

hahahahaha yesss!

looking online and it cost 141 at sg car mart.

how did you get 135k? PI?

Wu hua bo hua you decide. If have money, then wu hua. To me, ask me to pay $500 I also find bo hua. It will be shiok if you can lut the turbo and chiong fast. Turbo in truck in Singapore is waste time, go until 70km/h have to control speed. But it is good for overtaking. These turbo charge truck, can easily qie those normal sedan car.

Not only at dealers, even PI also have to pay 50%. It is a MAS regulation. You can find people give you higher loan rate, that also say the interest also high. Depend on you, got money buy nice car, no money don't buy car. Or maybe, register G plate so you only need to up front 10% and slowly instalment.

IF it really cost a bomb to pay for the extra fee to own a diesel vehicle to change to S plate then maybe should just look at a normal car..

Just saw a Ford double cab pickup truck with S plate. first time seeing one with S plate.. chionging damn fast on first lane express way lol

Turbocharged

hahahahaha yesss!

CLA200 Shooting Brake (was on my short list too...) is around $200k now, but it definitely have a number of good luxuries like KEYLESS-GO, reverse camera, electrical powered tailgate and ambience lighting (one color). It also has a sporty handling with a good performing engine, but it's quite expensive for what it is... plus the ride comfort is not what you expect of Mercedes.

Your price range probably can only get a B180 or A200, but I think A200 is too small for your purposes.

If you are referring to Tucson, $135k is probably a price he got after negotiation. SGCM is always showing List Price only. For example, Ford lists Mondeo 2.0 at $171k, but the price they will offer you in showroom (with some terms) is more like $150k.

Head down to Hyundai and show your interest and you should find a price that suits you. If you're there I do recommend having a look at the i40 Wagon too.

CLA200 Shooting Brake (was on my short list too...) is around $200k now, but it definitely have a number of good luxuries like KEYLESS-GO, reverse camera, electrical powered tailgate and ambience lighting (one color). It also has a sporty handling with a good performing engine, but it's quite expensive for what it is... plus the ride comfort is not what you expect of Mercedes.

Your price range probably can only get a B180 or A200, but I think A200 is too small for your purposes.

If you are referring to Tucson, $135k is probably a price he got after negotiation. SGCM is always showing List Price only. For example, Ford lists Mondeo 2.0 at $171k, but the price they will offer you in showroom (with some terms) is more like $150k.

Head down to Hyundai and show your interest and you should find a price that suits you. If you're there I do recommend having a look at the i40 Wagon too.

Hyundai prices on sgcarmart is the top tier price. You can go for mid tier or low tier and get a cheaper price.

hahahahaha yesss!

IF it really cost a bomb to pay for the extra fee to own a diesel vehicle to change to S plate then maybe should just look at a normal car..

Just saw a Ford double cab pickup truck with S plate. first time seeing one with S plate.. chionging damn fast on first lane express way lol

i got the early bird discount. Booked before the car arrived at our shores.

Sedan will not have big boot that u r looking for.

Probably this sat i'll go around and checking cars out.

What about any of you know the price range of the toyota harrier? The one with the sun roof.

IMO, Harrier front not as KARANG as the Tucson.

Turbocharged

Probably this sat i'll go around and checking cars out.

What about any of you know the price range of the toyota harrier? The one with the sun roof.

Harrier was also on my shortlist, at the time Advanced Package with Panoramic Roof was offered to me at $155k with Open Category.

i got the early bird discount. Booked before the car arrived at our shores.

Sedan will not have big boot that u r looking for.

IMO, Harrier front not as KARANG as the Tucson.

Some sedans actually have boots larger than the average SUV's in terms of total volume. The difference is that SUVs have a taller load space that is inherently more practical most of the time. But sedans usually have deeper boots.

Harrier was also on my shortlist, at the time Advanced Package with Panoramic Roof was offered to me at $155k with Open Category.

Some sedans actually have boots larger than the average SUV's in terms of total volume. The difference is that SUVs have a taller load space that is inherently more practical most of the time. But sedans usually have deeper boots.

Thanks for enlightening on that.

Turbocharged

Thanks for enlightening on that.

Easy way to visualize is one is deep but not tall, one is tall but short. It's like a flat packed box vs a normal crate.

Here's a graphic that roughly estimates three of the cars already mentioned here.

post-157416-0-67753500-1442416759_thumb.png

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

Easy way to visualize is one is deep but not tall, one is tall but short. It's like a flat packed box vs a normal crate.

Here's a graphic that roughly estimates three of the cars already mentioned here.

attachicon.gifmond_v_sfrst bc.png

ah thanks for explaining! oh it was on your shortlist too? so what did you bought at the end?

someone offered 155, then another was offered my friend asked 145.8 with open roof, just an offer. yet to go into detail why is it so low thou.

What should i look out for when buying?

probably buying this month end. Don't like the feeling that i'll have to wait very long to receive the vehicle. hahaha too kanchiong hahahaha.

↡ Advertisement