Upgrading stock horn

EstherLui

The Stebel Magnum 2 horn in my previous Nissan Latio worked well for nearly 10 years and was still working well even when I scrap the car....never had a problem with it from day 1.

I may have to change my Vezel horn soon for this old but good model, :D

Mine worked all the way till scrapped [thumbsup]

+1 for Stebel in a Vios, I also used it till scrap, worked perfectly.

Are you kidding? The only times I've used my horn have been in SG. I've almost never honked any vehicle up North. Because they generally know how to drive up there.

Later Farhan take your post somewhere else to try and stir nationalistic tension again [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

If you wire a relay to your horn it becomes powerful. The OEM harness runs the horn power through a mile of wiring and a dozen different connections until it gets to the horn switch. There are lots of places for voltage drop. With a relay, you use the OEM wiring to power the relay and then put in new wiring for the horn. The relay uses a small amount of power (the original switch circuit) to turn on and off a bigger amount of power (the new heavier wire) to the horn. This is true for bigger headlights or any other higher-current-draw accessories you want to add to your motorcycle. https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota.

Edited by ElisaGrace

Neutral Newbie

Just bought Stebel Trombe Nautilus air horn today. Thinking of DIY. Still trying to figure out how. Searched YouTube , Google etc. Any Bro to advise??

Just bought Stebel Trombe Nautilus air horn today. Thinking of DIY. Still trying to figure out how. Searched YouTube , Google etc. Any Bro to advise??

Edited by Oshely

I am eyeing the Hella D80S from tmall actually. What I do understand is that the best combination is like the D80S package, 1 low tone and 1 high tone.

Wow 125db. Louder than hella supertone 118db

Can pass LTA?

Nope. Cannot pass.

I believe 118db is no longer loud enough as car soundproofing is getting better. Combine with a decent stereo, I barely hear the 118db horn. :(

Hi everyone, has anyone changed their car horn recently from Autotrend or autobacs? For those who have done so, what's the current price like for horn purchase + installation?

I change to bosch at e-rev. Good workmanship and highly recommended.

At highway speed, u won't feel anything is too loud. Just dun press the horn fully when there are pedestrians around.

10 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Im intending up upgrade my mickey mouse horn on my honda fit.

any recommendations for something better and not overly loud and irritating?

Thanks!

You want Merc/BMW sound alike can get the Hella Twin Tone Horn Red. 

If you want something louder, get the Hella Super Tone Disc Red. 

Both can do at Vim Auto or E-REV.

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

You want Merc/BMW sound alike can get the Hella Twin Tone Horn Red. 

If you want something louder, get the Hella Super Tone Disc Red. 

Both can do at Vim Auto or E-REV.

Cheers. 

Thanks. Do u know how much is the hell twin tone red?

39 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

Thanks. Do u know how much is the hell twin tone red?

It was long ago when I change it for my previous car. I think cost is $60-80. Probably under $100 with installations. Better to call them up to check prices. Depending on your car, the horn installation could need to down bumper. E-REV would charge labour to down bumper depending on your negotiation skills with the boss. 

Edited by Wormee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1