2nd Generation Volkswagen Tiguan (2016)

Carbon82

Hi Bro. 

Price point is very vaue for money. at $140K, we have quite a number of gadgets. The drive is very refined too. 

Oh gosh, did you change in 1 year? 1 year is way too short..... 

Nice! What made u bite the bullet? I'm driving a 1.4hl too. All's good except battery almost died on me shortly after one year. Probably due to my dashcam which is set on parking&motion mode but no supplementary equipment eg magic Pro. Welcome to the club.

↡ Advertisement

Had to change (I stand corrected if anyone suggests otherwise based on experience). Battery starting voltage hitting 10.xx volts.

Enjoy your ride! I know I am..for now.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm considering the 1.4 HL Tiguan but I heard has issues with GB? Any problems with after sales support? Anyone got any comments? 

Hi Guys,

I'm considering the 1.4 HL Tiguan but I heard has issues with GB? Any problems with after sales support? Anyone got any comments? 

just look around the streets, you dont see much VW on the road now compare to 4-8 yrs ago , that will answer your question

Hi all,

Will be collecting my 1.4 CL EQP next week ; wondering if there is a Whatsapp group for info sharing & meet-ups?

Thank you.

Facelift coming...

VW-Tiguan.webp

2021-VW-Tiguan-facelift-spy-shots-10.jpg

The front of the 2021 Tiguan clearly stands out from the outgoing model thanks to headlights reminiscent of those of the latest Golf and complete with complex LED daytime running lights.

The SUV also sports three horizontal slats finished in chrome as well as further chrome accents around the air intakes and along the lower chin spoiler of the front bumper. VW’s new corporate logo is also featured prominently. Also visible is chrome trimming around the side windows and a pair of silver roof rails.

Evidently, the Tiguan model pictured isn’t an entry-level variant as it also features a sporty set of silver and black spoked wheels. Recent spy shots of the SUV have indicated that the rear end will also undergo some changes such as the inclusion of tweaked taillights and a modified bumper.

• Praise 6

VW Tiguan will always be a Compact SUV, the exterior been improved to enhance the new image, nothing has been said about the engine specification, Gear box issues from past TG and I doubt German technology ion current models. 

To me it is a Leopard never changes it spot, old issues/ problem still persist . . .It's like Cancer , niggling here and there, spent tons of money, never abled to resolve.

Neutral Newbie

On 11/5/2018 at 11:48 PM, Dcmc27 said:

Hi Guys,

I have the car for 3 years plus. Working great. No problem from VW service. The DSG is wet clutch so it’s safe.

• Praise 1

All new Tiguan X

Adopting the revised front end styling of the facelifted 2021 Tiguan SUV, the “flattened” variant is very different from the B-pillars to the rear. From the middle of the vehicle, the roofline drops dramatically towards the back, incorporating a rakish rear screen that ends with a subtle deck lid spoiler.

Sticking with the rear, the Tiguan X adopts different taillights to the regular Tiguan, featuring a distinct signature and an illuminated bar that unites them. The ‘Tiguan X’ lettering is applied at the middle of the light strip, with the tailgate also featuring the model’s Chinese name on the left and powertrain variant on the right.

This particular model you see in the photos is the range-topping ‘380 TSI 4Motion’ variant powered by a 2.0-liter TSI turbocharged petrol unit rated at 220PS and 380Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission and 4Motion AWD. The base choice will be a 2.0-liter TSI with 186PS and 330Nm of torque, hooked to the same DCT.

The Tiguan X seen here also wears the R Line exterior pack as hinted by the ‘R’ in the front grille, as well as the beefier bumpers and wheels. Developed and built by the SAIC-VW joint venture, the Tiguan X is based on the long-wheelbase Tiguan. As a result, it’s 4,764mm long, 1,859mm wide and 1,628mm tall, with a wheelbase that spans 2,791 mm.

volkswagen_tiguan_x_9.jpeg

volkswagen_tiguan_x_3.jpeg

volkswagen_tiguan_x.jpeg

I am seeing lot of 'BMW' in the newer VW and Skoda (Enyaq)...

• Praise 8