10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Slightly better looking but still don't have the wow factor.

wow factor is Honda finally equip snail + DGI + iVtec engine, [thumbsup]

1.5T 180bhp /200Nm right?

Looks good but its missing the sporty factor from the 8th gen.

A little disappointed when I read CVT gearbox

Just the opposite, when I read CVT instead of DCT, [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Whoo, looks like Honda also went the fastback-style look. But I don't like the rear lights design somehow leh.

Cannot decide whether I like the new instruments or not. Seems like a lot of wasted space though I like the overall "arch" visual cuing.

Interior design a bit more modern but doesn't have wow factor. And the area around the gear stick looks @#$%ing cheap and old school.

But at least, I like the overall coherency of the design, the shapes are all congruent. Doesn't have that messy clashy feeling the City or Vezel have.

Same here. The rear and rear lights design are important in my decision making to buy or not. But I have to see the real thing first before deciding. Still I am looking forward to it coz I am thinking of getting a civic for my next car.

Sg version most likely come from Thailand and not to mention km will price it super duper expensive and not many can afford it in the end.... Hehe.....

If MIT then Honda just lost one potential customer hehe

Don't know why, the front fender looks very Hyundai Elantra to me.

Actually felt that in some angles, it looks like a mini Nissan Teana.....

Owned a FD civic before and can't help but to agree the FD is the best Civic ever in terms of reliability and looks.....

However, knowing Honda, the Asian model should look better than the US one....

One other observation, the signal light is at the wheel arc? what a place for that.....

Same here. The rear and rear lights design are important in my decision making to buy or not. But I have to see the real thing first before deciding. Still I am looking forward to it coz I am thinking of getting a civic for my next car.

If MIT then Honda just lost one potential customer hehe

Honda civic already stopped selling, stopped manufacturing in mainland Japan already due to it's poor sales. But they continue to be popular in USA and outside of Japan. Even the current Toyota Altis is not available in Japan. Welcome to globalisation.

• Praise 1

Honda civic already stopped selling, stopped manufacturing in mainland Japan already due to it's poor sales. But they continue to be popular in USA and outside of Japan. Even the current Toyota Altis is not available in Japan. Welcome to globalisation.

In Japan, their 11th generation of Corolla is the Axio. Our 11th generation of Corolla is the Altis. The Altis is the "export" or overseas model of Corolla.

• Praise 2

Altis is never meant for jaoan market, they have axio, Allison, etc.. Altis is for sucker like us....hehe...

• Praise 1

Legacy of Honda is now the end. we will miss their naturally aspirated engine. no more 1.6l that put out 160hp. no more 1.8l that put out 195hp. no more 2l that put out a whopping 240hp they have gone to the turbo path,in the past they are really a masterpiece yet they build fun little cars , all car makers are going turbo now..

RIP Honda and NA engine

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Legacy of Honda is now the end. we will miss their naturally aspirated engine. no more 1.6l that put out 160hp. no more 1.8l that put out 195hp. no more 2l that put out a whopping 240hp they have gone to the turbo path,in the past they are really a masterpiece yet they build fun little cars , all car makers are going turbo now..

RIP Honda and NA engine

The Type-R spewed out dozens of grams more pollutants than was legal. It had to die and that will forever haunt our hearts, but in the end not having a fun car will not kill us... while global warming can. [bigcry]

• Praise 4

RIP Honda and NA engine

this kind of engine hp boosted by high rpm, but torque very low, and cannot passed emission test, phased out liao,

now it's snail's era

honda-civic-02-1.jpg

checked KM SE, Singapore never imported Honda U.S and JDM model, most probably still remain NA 1.6 or 1.5T

• Praise 1

this kind of engine hp boosted by high rpm, but torque very low, and cannot passed emission test, phased out liao,

now it's snail's era

checked KM SE, Singapore never imported Honda U.S and JDM model, most probably still remain NA 1.6 or 1.5T

can ba.. they should come up with high revv super charged.....

• Praise 2

now it's snail's era

That KM SE must be new or very forgetful. The first few shipment of CG1 Accord (US/Australia model) was built in US. [rolleyes]

I am not sure if Honda Japan has depleted the stock of 1.6 NA engine (specially catered for Singapore need). If so, then the new Civic should be equipped with the 1.5T engine.

• Praise 5

That KM SE must be new or very forgetful. The first few shipment of CG1 Accord (US/Australia model) was built in US. [rolleyes]

I am not sure if Honda Japan has depleted the stock of 1.6 NA engine (specially catered for Singapore need). If so, then the new Civic should be equipped with the 1.5T engine.

if really can import 1.5T, surely win Jetta1.4T hands down, even if same price or slightly high

• Praise 2

if really can import 1.5T, surely win Jetta1.4T hands down, even if same price or slightly high

1.5T?? cat-b for sure.. if 1.5T also fall into cat-a, it's a pussy engine... [laugh]

• Praise 1

1.5T?? cat-b for sure.. if 1.5T also fall into cat-a, it's a pussy engine... [laugh]

Doesn't matter lah,

Very soon future cat b will be cheaper than cat a

• Praise 1