10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Pretty quiet other than the tyre noise. Noise level still acceptable even you rev hard.

Suspension is pretty good, if compared to my old Fit. Rear suspension uses multilink. Should be comfortable for rear passengers.

Is yours 1.6NA or 1.5T? I think there is a big difference. 1.5T is noisy with the turbo.
↡ Advertisement

Is yours 1.6NA or 1.5T? I think there is a big difference. 1.5T is noisy with the turbo.

1.6NA.

Ya, seen the earlier post about the noise levels of the 1.5T.

Probably should test drive to know.

Neutral Newbie

Looks sick, but any civic drivers can weigh in on the cabin noise and how does the suspension feel?

Tire noise is very audible. Probably the tires.

Suspension is quite balanced. Between plush and able to play a little in the corners. But not very confidence inspiring if you push it harder. May need to upgrade if you're into that. But then will lose the plushness and everyday comfort.

finally decided to purchase the 1.6 civic today! must wait till feb 17 to collect car...

What about the car lets you make the decision to buy it?

I concur on this, tested drove the 1.5t without radio on and the engine noisy is very audible, no way it is consider quiet....

I hv done a road trip to MY (KL) for 4 days on 1.6L na

First, i top up 92ron from SPC. Immediately I drove to KL on a 340KM journey.

The 1.6L cabin is comfortable and quiet plying 110 to 130 in NSH. No vibration on steering and music quality is good at such speed.

The road holding is firmed and absorbed most of the bumps on the MY road. I am happy with such comfort and relax sitting posture covering each journey of 3-4hrs drive.

I managed 16.5km/litre. Then pump Ron97 in MY, the fuel consumption FC improved to 17.6km/litre doing the same speed 110-130.

The rev at 120km/hr was 2100rpm, superb CVT ratio at such speed. At 1 stage, following a trial of cars above 150km/hr without sign of running out of hp.

Finally, I have observed the fuel consumption was very good plying 80km/hrs with records of 20km/liter covered a substantial distance of 100km. This is my experiences with civic

• Praise 1

If it comes to that price range, a lot of other cars can be considered... e.g. Mazda 6 2.5

If I was looking for a sporty sedan, I wouldn't look at the 216d. X1sdrive18 maybe...

If pay another 10k and monthly additional 150 will u go for the 216d or stay with the cibic

What about the car lets you make the decision to buy it?

hmmm maybe because i drove my civic fd for good 10 years(soon), so my trust in Honda and civic is there, test drive HRV and Mazda3, still prefer the handling feel of civic, therefore decided to go for it. and mandai servicing center is near my workplace.. hahaha

hmmm maybe because i drove my civic fd for good 10 years(soon), so my trust in Honda and civic is there, test drive HRV and Mazda3, still prefer the handling feel of civic, therefore decided to go for it. and mandai servicing center is near my workplace.. hahaha

Nice bro, I also drove my FD for ten years, and because it was so good, I couldn't bring myself to buy the new Civic..

Saw a bright blue Civic flash past me a day ago towards the AYE, it does look nice in bright colors.

The long nose / bonnet isn't for everyone, but for some, it will be a sweet ride.

Nice bro, I also drove my FD for ten years, and because it was so good, I couldn't bring myself to buy the new Civic..

Saw a bright blue Civic flash past me a day ago towards the AYE, it does look nice in bright colors.

The long nose / bonnet isn't for everyone, but for some, it will be a sweet ride.

cool bro, this civic is very spacious, longer and wider yet lower than our current FD. i choose the sport blue during my purchase but the next day i called up the SE to change to modern steel metallic instead, afraid i got no energy to upkeep the bright blue and age is catching up.. 

I owned 2 different generations of Mz3 and also the FD Civic. FD wins in all depts except handling which somehow the Mz3 is superior IMO. But the Mz3 engine was unrefined and a fuel guzzler but I understand the new skyactiv engines are a big improvement.

I've not tried this new Civic so can't comment. Maybe the lower stance gives it an improved handling?

• Praise 8

I concur on this, tested drove the 1.5t without radio on and the engine noisy is very audible, no way it is consider quiet....

1.5t can be quiet most of the time, only when spirited drive , the sound is sporty

KAH is bringing the Type R next 2Q 2017.

Can get COE standby for hardcore Civic driver.

I think it would be priced around SGD 130k range.

No wonder the turbo is dropping price soon.

↡ Advertisement