10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Many fanboys still have the desire for manual shift. Unfortunately, the direction for car manuf is no longer on manual.

Conti such as BMW no longer support manual shift except limited model. Japan is worst, all moving to CVT

In SG, there is so little demand for manual shift. To be honest, I think owners selling manual car has hard time to sell the car in SGcarmart.

In contrary to this, auto and CVT transmission have improved so much in reliability, efficiency, availability. The market has accepted this change and the future remain in this category.

However, motorcycle is still manual shift in this market.

The worst nightmare has come true.

Expected to debut in production-ready form at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, the all-new Civic Type R will be offered with a driver’s worst nightmare: a continuously variable transmission.

The new CTR has CVT transmission for Europe

Supercharged

Expected to debut in production-ready form at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, the all-new Civic Type R will be offered with a driver’s worst nightmare: a continuously variable transmission.[/size]

The new CTR has CVT transmission for Europe[/size]

buy manual lor...dunno wat kinda joker will buy CTR with CVT   :XD:

I booked the 1.6NA. Seems from everyone's reply here that the long waiting time is normal.... Guess I just have to wait it out, although my SE still not able to confirm a specific collection date in Feb.

Did anyone managed to get any good freebies deal? I managed to negotiate for my SE to throw in the spoiler atop of the usual package ($500 petrol voucher, Car Cam, Solar film, etc...) Good deal?

You managed to get spoiler too? Quite a good deal. I don't want mine and planning to sell. Any NA owner keen? Modern steel metallic (grey). But only available in Feb.

Expected to debut in production-ready form at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, the all-new Civic Type R will be offered with a driver’s worst nightmare: a continuously variable transmission.

Wah Lao, Honda will regret for their stupid decision, can predict this CTR will have same sad fate as 9th gen civic,

except Honda Civic others all are ridicules result :D

I think more ppl go sgcarmart than ------. So Car of the year award still stands to Honda Civic

Expected to debut in production-ready form at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, the all-new Civic Type R will be offered with a driverâs worst nightmare: a continuously variable transmission.

The article mention there will be NO CVT.. so don't know which is true... let's wait and see

http://www.automachi.com/2017/01/honda-civic-type-r-2018-no-cvt-option/

at least 6 speeds manual still available, :a-happy:  regardless another option is CVT or AT :a-no:

I can understand where Honda is coming....

Like subaru, the WRX and FTX come with CVT transmission.

Look at NSX, it is built for anyone- can drive car. You do not need to be a racer or skillful to drive it.

It is male easy to handle and anyone can drive it daily kind of car. Not like Ferrari which is not suitable daily drivers and difficult to handle on the rocket power etc.....

The Japanese philosophy is to build the car for anyone on CVT transmission and easy to handle.

Yes, the CTR may not be spirited power rocket but drive-ability will be good for even the lady on the hot hatch

• Dislike 1

Toyota altis 99,988.. 5yr warranty 5yr servicing g.coe... Wonder if civic will match closer?

Don't think so. KM has never had a volume seller for a long time until the launch of Civic, they need to maintain certain minimum margin of Civic to meet their overall profit numbers. They got played out by Honda on HRV. While they are selling the MIJ HRV now, it came in too late and waited far too long, they are only catching the tail end of HRV sales, Civic is the only model for them to recoup their long overdue profit dollar. Moreover,  Altis is a 2014 model, KM wont go into price war with BM for a model that is due for major face lift. I wish they would too but highly unlikely.

Edited by Ct3833

IMHO Kah has got their strategy wrong for the past few years, ever since they had that big run with the FD.

Suddenly they were in the top ten or even top three sellers.

They had some nice cars, but they gradually increased their margins, for all level of cars, pricing them at least 5-15% more than their direct competitors.

Some loyal fans or Honda fans still queued up for their offerings, but their sales have dropped a lot since then. It doesn't help that they didn't have a really spectacular car until the HRV showed up, and as you rightly said, it came too late, as many have bought the Vezel and now it's associated with Uber.

As for the Civic, the new 1.5T engine is very interesting, and some will be big fans of the new styling, but it's not mainstream enough, and their larger cars have not set the market on fire either..

So yes, they need to keep the margins up, eg their City costs more than the Vios, and their 1.6 Civic with the ten year old engine costs more than a Corolla.

I await the next Honda which will set the market alight like their FD series..

They already have a wonderful engine in the form of the 1.5T, and all they need is a nice car to put that engine into..

why would KM go for a price war with altis.. i believe the OMV of ceebic is higher...

n ceebic just got sedan car of the year...

and from what the bro here posted, the waiting period is quite long also??? 

↡ Advertisement