10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Supersonic

The 1.6NA Civic, does it come with the auto folding mirrors?

That is can you have the car autofold the mirror once engine is off and in park position?

The brochure only says Electrically Retractable ...

Thanks.

No auto fold mirrors.

Only electric mirrors, in which you have to press a button to fold them.

↡ Advertisement

Fc is better but the engine oil consumption is also greater. End up the nett savings in fuel is used to compensate for more oil change servicing cost. Just my 2 cents as an 1.5T owner. Don’t flame me lol

i also [laugh]

service every 6.5k -7k [;)]

• Praise 1

Turbo engines require more frequent engine oil servicing that’s a known fact. Can be anywhere between 5-7k depending on how much of a heavy footer u are. 10k is for 1.6NA . 5-7k can be hit very fast if u r a daily driver. Once free servicing is used up, it can cost more to maintain outside unless u bochup the schedule. Just imagine 1.6Na can have their free servicing up to 60k, u will finish it under 30k lol. Just do the math over the cost of maintenance over 10 years

I guess mercedes, bmw, audi and vw require servicing at 3k to be safe. Qashqai, Forester and CHR also 5-7k?  [confused]   Didn't know of this fact until today. 

• Praise 1

I guess mercedes, bmw, audi and vw require servicing at 3k to be safe. Qashqai, Forester and CHR also 5-7k?  [confused]   Didn't know of this fact until today. 

Conti cars - servicing only required every 15 000km or so. Or annually.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If turbo engine needs more frequent EO change, I may want to stick to NA engines.

Nonetheless how about hybrid engines?

Sad that this Civic has no hybrid version.

I guess mercedes, bmw, audi and vw require servicing at 3k to be safe. Qashqai, Forester and CHR also 5-7k? [confused] Didn't know of this fact until today.

Dunno about other makes and models but testifying for Civic turbo nia. The car is less than 1.5 years old and I have used up all free servicing credits.

Dunno about other makes and models but testifying for Civic turbo nia. The car is less than 1.5 years old and I have used up all free servicing credits.

Who recommend 5 - 7k servicing?

I guess car manufacturers, engine oil companies and authorised agents all do not know what they are recommending.

Better to bang table and tell kah motor and email Honda Japan and Honda Thailand to recommend 5-7k servicing / 3 months instead of 10k / 6 months. Because you know better.

• Praise 1

Who recommend 5 - 7k servicing?

It is because of the built-in oil life indicator. Your oil life will vary according to your driving pattern.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

ya, If conti turbo engines can service every 15,000km, i don't see why Japanese turbos cannot service at 10,000km intervals.

Does your car give any sign of low EO or you are just playing safe and servicing more frequently?

Supersonic

The 1.6NA Civic, does it come with the auto folding mirrors?

That is can you have the car autofold the mirror once engine is off and in park position?

The brochure only says Electrically Retractable ...

Thanks.

as long as got retractable mirrors, the autofold can always do aftermarket. 

Hi guys, considering to get civic 1.5T recently. After research, found majority of China CVR owners 1.5T engine having oil diluted issue which means petrol mixed with engine oil, some of civic 1.5T also kena. China Honda had make recall on those effected vehicles.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/japan-s-honda-to-recall-roughly-350-000-cars-in-china-over-engine-issue-9952684

So like to check Singapore civic 1.5T owner whether facing similar issue.

• Praise 1

ya, If conti turbo engines can service every 15,000km, i don't see why Japanese turbos cannot service at 10,000km intervals.

Does your car give any sign of low EO or you are just playing safe and servicing more frequently?

Alr answered in the post above, built in oil life indicator.
  • Praise 1

Well in many other countries they don't ask you to service every 10k either ..

(edited)

Owners of 1.6NA and  1.5T,  do you find your engine vibrate a little too much during idle even when the car was new?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/1-5t-engine-and-vibration.868/

Engine vibration is usually due to worn out engine mounting for older cars....should be like that for new cars/

When I tested the 1.6NA, I can definitely feel a mildly strong vibration while stopping at the traffic lights, like the air con cutting in and out vibration/ sound.

Seems to be the norm for 1.5T, but even the 1.6NA? Some even suggested this is normal for honda cars?

"Welcome to Honda ownership. Every single 4 cylinder Honda/Acura I've owned has had more vibrations than you'd normally find in other cars at idle."

Edited by WONWON
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1