10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Owners of 1.6NA and  1.5T,  do you find your engine vibrate a little too much during idle even when the car was new?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/1-5t-engine-and-vibration.868/

Engine vibration is usually due to worn out engine mounting for older cars....should be like that for new cars/

When I tested the 1.6NA, I can definitely feel a mildly strong vibration while stopping at the traffic lights, like the air con cutting in and out vibration/ sound.

Seems to be the norm for 1.5T, but even the 1.6NA? Some even suggested this is normal for honda cars?

"Welcome to Honda ownership. Every single 4 cylinder Honda/Acura I've owned has had more vibrations than you'd normally find in other cars at idle."

I don't feel it on my 1.5... 

what's your mileage? 

↡ Advertisement

How strong is the vibration ? 

Car was a 1.6NA test drive at Kah.

Maybe my expectations are too high, the vibration seems to be from the air con cutting in and out,

where the rpm goes to 800 then back to 700....both during idle after starting engine and at the traffic lights.

Also when I get down from  the car and check outside the exhaust seems to be muffle rattling.....is that typical

of honda cars?

Supersonic

Maybe my expectations are too high, the vibration seems to be from the air con cutting in and out,

where the rpm goes to 800 then back to 700....both during idle after starting engine and at the traffic lights.

Also when I get down from  the car and check outside the exhaust seems to be muffle rattling.....is that typical

of honda cars?

Don't have this problem.

Maybe you should go to another Koh Motor showroom and test drive their Civic?

Hi guys, considering to get civic 1.5T recently. After research, found majority of China CVR owners 1.5T engine having oil diluted issue which means petrol mixed with engine oil, some of civic 1.5T also kena. China Honda had make recall on those effected vehicles.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/japan-s-honda-to-recall-roughly-350-000-cars-in-china-over-engine-issue-9952684

So like to check Singapore civic 1.5T owner whether facing similar issue.

Im looking at the 1.5T as well and 2nd time this has appeared in this thread. But doubt owners here check their engine oil levels themselves. Furthermore, it doesn't cause immediate problems to the drive.

I've been reading quite a bit in the civicx forums, might be helpful.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/fuel-dilution-with-gas-check-yours.20605/

• Praise 1

I don't feel it on my 1.5... 

what's your mileage? 

Sounds like this and when the air con compressor cut in, the rattling sound will be louder with rmp up as well.

Sounds like this and when the air con compressor cut in, the rattling sound will be louder with rmp up as well.

Thought that is normal for all DI engines? Cant hear anything weird

• Praise 1

mine also... but I couldn't confirm (don't feel) there's rattling sound when rev  [;)] 

mine also... but I couldn't confirm (don't feel) there's rattling sound when rev  [;)] 

Correction, no rattling sound but just vibration inside cabin.

Vibration is more evident in D mode while stopping at traffic lights.

Muffle rattling is at the exhaust.....think this is just normal for Honda.

Toyota and Nissan's exhaust  are quieter.

• Praise 1

Owners of 1.6NA and  1.5T,  do you find your engine vibrate a little too much during idle even when the car was new?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/1-5t-engine-and-vibration.868/

Engine vibration is usually due to worn out engine mounting for older cars....shouldn't be like that for new cars?

When I tested the 1.6NA, I can definitely feel a mildly strong vibration while stopping at the traffic lights, like the air con cutting in and out vibration/ sound.

Seems to be the norm for 1.5T, but even the 1.6NA? Some even suggested this is normal for honda cars?

"Welcome to Honda ownership. Every single 4 cylinder Honda/Acura I've owned has had more vibrations than you'd normally find in other cars at idle."

The idle rpm for the Civic fluctuates about 50-100 rpm while on Park and Drive mode, the vibration happens when

on the higher rpm and is stronger at D mode. Some say this is typical of Honda cars due to SOHC 4 stroke engine.

Is that the case?

of honda cars?

wa lao, how did u manage to get a test drive?

i've been to ubi and alexandra at least twice for both branches and got rejected for test drive. SE gave me reason like 'civic sells itself no need to test' and 'waiting list to test drive is 1 month'. was ready to trade/scrap my fd for the new civic too.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i've been to ubi and alexandra at least twice for both branches and got rejected for test drive. SE gave me reason like 'civic sells itself no need to test' and 'waiting list to test drive is 1 month'. was ready to trade/scrap my fd for the new civic too.

What? What bulls**t is that. I tested it recently, just got to wait for awhile.

which idiotic SE mentioned that... :omg:

• Praise 1

any 1.5T civic owner experienced engine oil level increasing?

recently China consumers feedback alot this problem, and Honda jointventure Dongfeng-Honda had unshelfed 1.5T civic from market, tought the engine is worldwide same design, and Honda had concluded the engine has unresolveable design defect

really idiot SE, he tought buyers still so idoliz Civic blindly like previous, at such high price car dont give test driving, only in Singapore Honda has so many Fetishist
  • Praise 1