10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

It depends on the highway/city ratio.  12 km/l should be around 50% highway. 

50/50 highway....

my old twincharged jetta, easily, 14-16km/l

Edited by Keithchue
↡ Advertisement

Hi gents, 

I have recently collect my WOP civic hatch CVT 1.5T from TWA before CNY.

think it's a comparable option after considering the high COE price for cat B currently.

(they have 8 units ex-stock, ready to deliver within a month at the dealer)

here's my personal take after running in.

plus on the HB

-remote engine start stop

-default aero kit - black skirting, (larger fake air vents)

-center twin exhuast

-Honda sensing

-18" factory stock wheels (i think civic 1.5t 2019 should be all 18" pending KM specifcation. 

-larger opening at the boot(5DR), (easier to fit industrial stuff or carry goods, i'm in O&G supplies) 

-shorter back (personally like the overall outlook vs sedan)

-higher passenger head room (sorry i'm being obvious)

Down side

-is that it doesnt comes in PMM color. (only WOP, silver, black, blue,red is available in JDM spec FK7)

-hard to source for accessories and performance upgrade (comparing to sedan, limited pool of ownership, lack of interest for small market share)

-small group (30members, think less than 150 units in singapore roads currently, excluding FK8/ Type R)

-low driving postion (not uncomfortable, but abit hard to get out of the car) (guess this should be the same as sedan)

-FC on econ mode is about 12-13Km/L (i imagine it's gonna get worse once i make more spirited drive)

• Praise 1

Hi gents, 

I have recently collect my WOP civic hatch CVT 1.5T from TWA before CNY.

think it's a comparable option after considering the high COE price for cat B currently.

(they have 8 units ex-stock, ready to deliver within a month at the dealer)

here's my personal take after running in.

plus on the HB

-remote engine start stop

-default aero kit - black skirting, (larger fake air vents)

-center twin exhuast

-Honda sensing

-18" factory stock wheels (i think civic 1.5t 2019 should be all 18" pending KM specifcation. 

-larger opening at the boot(5DR), (easier to fit industrial stuff or carry goods, i'm in O&G supplies) 

-shorter back (personally like the overall outlook vs sedan)

-higher passenger head room (sorry i'm being obvious)

Down side

-is that it doesnt comes in PMM color. (only WOP, silver, black, blue,red is available in JDM spec FK7)

-hard to source for accessories and performance upgrade (comparing to sedan, limited pool of ownership, lack of interest for small market share)

-small group (30members, think less than 150 units in singapore roads currently, excluding FK8/ Type R)

-low driving postion (not uncomfortable, but abit hard to get out of the car) (guess this should be the same as sedan)

-FC on econ mode is about 12-13Km/L (i imagine it's gonna get worse once i make more spirited drive)

off the eco and drive...

even on sedan, many feedbacked worse fc than D mode.

True, my experience is the actual fuel consumption is up to 0.6L/100km worse than the trip computer.  If the trip computer says 12km/l or 8.3l/100km, actual consumption could be 8.9l/100km or 11.2 km/l. 

I have done NSH on my civic 1.6L complied to speed 110km/h

FC is 18km/L. This was calculated manually on distance travelled and fuel pumped.

However, in SG city drive & expressway 70/30 respectively, I can only achieved - 11km/L

off the eco and drive...

even on sedan, many feedbacked worse fc than D mode.

Will definite do a try.. My friend also revert the same.

On the other hand, did anyone experience better fc after first oil change?? And anyone skipped the 1k run in oil change for this model..

Will definite do a try.. My friend also revert the same.

On the other hand, did anyone experience better fc after first oil change?? And anyone skipped the 1k run in oil change for this model..

1.6 civic at about 7.5k mileage now.

No real difference in fuel economy after first 1k servicing. My experience so far is having to drive and avoid heavy acceleration (especially from 0) in order to maintain a fuel economy of around 12km/l (70/30 highway/city driving ratio).

But having to drive so cautiously (and be tailed so closely by other vehicles of similar engine capacity) whenever moving off from stop is really a bummer, especially so since you are driving a civic. Perhaps will just rev harder now when moving off from stop but fuel economy will definitely take a hit as well.

Edited by KimHwee
  • Praise 1

1.6 civic at about 7.5k mileage now.

No real difference in fuel economy after first 1k servicing. My experience so far is having to drive and avoid heavy acceleration (especially from 0) in order to maintain a fuel economy of around 12km/l (70/30 highway/city driving ratio).

But having to drive so cautiously (and be tailed so closely by other vehicles of similar engine capacity) whenever moving off from stop is really a bummer, especially so since you are driving a civic. Perhaps will just rev harder now when moving off from stop but fuel economy will definitely take a hit as well.

Think about it, if you will to step it like normal driving instead of being light footed, how much more fuel would you burn per month? $30 , $50 more? If that $30 or $50 will to give you a bit more driving satisfaction and less worry, then just do it. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

quite surprise to know FC is not that impressive

Maybe because its heavy?

In addition to weight, the 1.6NA has not seen much improvements since its use in the previous gen.