10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

the hatchback version is at 20k cheaper with 1.0 litre turbocharged with higher ARF

what do you guys think of that?

20k with lower omw and coe. Maybe comparing the actual deprication would be a pretty good factor as well.

Key differences should be as follow,

Aero body kit aka the black side skirting.

Center twin exhuast.

Leather seats which can easily replace

Keyless start stop.

50-60 bhp lesser with about the same weight.

Smaller rims/tyre.

LED headlamps.

These are what i have behind my head. Not sure if i have miss anything..

I have met 1.0 drivers regretted the savings. But of cos, diff folk diff strokes.

It's so that people don't feel that they're driving a Prius all the time... :D

Hahahaha!

Just sharing a bit of info the Prius is not a CVT but an eCVT: a planetary gearset to connect the different sources together: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-is-how-toyota-prius-gearbox-works-video-63918.html

More info on the fixed first gear plus CVT: https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/powertrain2018/cvt/

It's a new CVT gb that kena recall recently, but it'll be interesting to see what local drivers think of it.

20k with lower omw and coe. Maybe comparing the actual deprication would be a pretty good factor as well.

Key differences should be as follow,

Aero body kit aka the black side skirting.

Center twin exhuast.

Leather seats which can easily replace

Keyless start stop.

50-60 bhp lesser with about the same weight.

Smaller rims/tyre.

LED headlamps.

These are what i have behind my head. Not sure if i have miss anything..

I have met 1.0 drivers regretted the savings. But of cos, diff folk diff strokes.

If I remember correctly the 1.0t hatchback (FK6) does not have center/exposed exhaust just like the FK4. Only the 1.5t hatchback from PI comes with exposed center exhaust.

If I remember correctly the 1.0t hatchback (FK6) does not have center/exposed exhaust just like the FK4. Only the 1.5t hatchback from PI comes with exposed center exhaust.

you are right :)

To clarify, i'm comparing 1.0T from PI vs 1.5T from PI both hatch. (i'm a 1.5t)

Neutral Newbie

anyone change their halogen headlight to led ones? Kah Motor will change for you or source it yrself outside 

anyone change their halogen headlight to led ones? Kah Motor will change for you or source it yrself outside 

source it yourself

Don't waste money.

While LED headlight may be brighter and more pleasing aesthetically (to the outside viewer), it doesn't have much improvement over Halogen/ HID-Xenon lights in SG. In fact, not uncommon to see clowns driving without their headlights on at night, because our roads in SG are so well-lit by comparison to other countries.

The more important thing is the Daytime-Running Lights (DRL). They have been shown to reduce accidents by improving visibility during the day. Usually LED DRLs are superior to Halogen DRLs.

Neutral Newbie

More importantly, will it void the warranty if we change from halogen to LED headlights? Yes, right?

Neutral Newbie

Don't waste money.

While LED headlight may be brighter and more pleasing aesthetically (to the outside viewer), it doesn't have much improvement over Halogen/ HID-Xenon lights in SG. In fact, not uncommon to see clowns driving without their headlights on at night, because our roads in SG are so well-lit by comparison to other countries.

The more important thing is the Daytime-Running Lights (DRL). They have been shown to reduce accidents by improving visibility during the day. Usually LED DRLs are superior to Halogen DRLs.

Neutral Newbie

Alright. Thanks

Don't waste money.

Hi there!

After reading so many posts and yet still undecided? :a-SOS: Still have that niggling questions in your mind which need to be cleared?

Fret not, many of us have collected our rides since September 2016 and are also learning and mastering the functions. :yuush:

The CivicXSG admins have setup a Telegram channel for potential buyers to raise any concerns to help you make your most important choice in life. [idea]

Join us, its free to ask questions! We look forward to hearing from you! [wave]

t.me/civicxsg

Edited by Dave25

Hi, for those who have ordered the Civic and gotten the vehicle number plate, can go ahead and register on civicX.sg to join us as member!

More importantly, will it void the warranty if we change from halogen to LED headlights? Yes, right?

The answer comes from AD.

If u wish to claim headlamp related issue, ensure u have replaced with stock bulb before send to KM. 

Edited by Itsec