10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Market research shows Civic drivers don't need airbags since they swap out their steering wheel for non airbag Momo race wheels anyway.

Oh wait that's 30 years ago

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Singapore should make it mandatory for all cars to have at least 6 airbags.. they should deduct this cost from the car tax instead.

• Praise 2

my feel is that the FL civic wun sell well.

1.6NA has many competitors. Altis, new mz3 coming up.

the new hyundai avante and kia k3 is giving the civic 1.6NA a run for their money.

as for 1.5T, no major improvements. at that price point, people will consider conti cars such as mz6 and Audi A3

Their market research probably shows buyers don’t complain and value the price tag more..

Agreed which to me is very baffling Kah Motors seems to have the most number of models equipped with just 2 airbags, Jazz, City, Civic 1.6, HR-V DX and CR-V 5 seater (this to me is the worst given the price). Was hoping they follow Toyota's route like they did with the facelifted Altis and Vios with 7 airbags standard regardless of trim.

Generally I find Civic 1.6 feature set to be decent, with the sore point being the 2 airbags. Thought airbag count will change given Thailand Civic has the lowest airbag count in their base model change from 2 to 4 in the facelift compared to pre-facelift. Well, if number of airbags is priority in this segment, better to look at other competitors like Altis, Elantra and Cerato SX/GT-Line. My two cents. 

the new hyundai avante and kia k3 is giving the civic 1.6NA a run for their money.

as for 1.5T, no major improvements. at that price point, people will consider conti cars such as mz6 and Audi A3

im already slapping myself when I bought the 1.6 over a conti...not to mention 1.5T..

the price I paid, can probably buy the same spec golf. then again, Honda vs golf..

I take the golf anytime

A3 like tiny car. Civic more spacious

The prices have been like that for a long time. I don't think it is 90k though but close to 100k (civic is already 94k anyways).

I think the comparable will be Skoda Octavia though. Way more bang for buck but I guess the lower end contis are not getting enough love.

Many are still fixated with brands. Saw a Skoda on the road, styling is pretty cool.

im already slapping myself when I bought the 1.6 over a conti...not to mention 1.5T..

the price I paid, can probably buy the same spec golf. then again, Honda vs golf..

I take the golf anytime

U sure or not? I thought u r the one with the VW DSG issues right?

Civic won’t hv this kind of problems

• Praise 10

(edited)

Managed to test drive the 1.5T today when sending in my 1.5Jazz for servicing. Drive is relatively good, the sound system and suspension feel better than Jazz. Once the turbo kicks in, really nice. Civic do feel better insulated than Jazz.

Overall, nice car!

Edited by nywa78
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Managed to test drive the 1.5T today when sending in my 1.5Jazz for servicing. Drive is relatively good, the sound system and suspension feel better than Jazz. Once the turbo kicks in, really nice. Civic do feel better insulated than Jazz.

Overall, nice car!

Not too bad la... had it for over a month. Thought I’d miss my old car but not really the case. Only the pickup a bit breathless when pushing the engine hard.
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

U sure or not? I thought u r the one with the VW DSG issues right?

Civic won’t hv this kind of problems

withdrawal symptoms la... kenna tekaned by the golf for such a long time... now the car doesn't tekan him, he is bored.

Come back 5 years later to report if you have dsg issues.

Well the dsg should have improved. If there are one or two problems over 5 years, still covered by warranty. But he is enjoying the drive for 5 years. Not much of a hassle.

By the way, the civic is not problem free too if u have been looking at this thread. In fact, it is getting abit unreliable. Made in Thailand is just not the same as made in Japan.

• Praise 2

The gearbox is definitely more reliable than a vw one .

They are apples and oranges. DSG is for performance. It’s hard to have the best of both worlds, so you have to choose between performance and reliability.

They are apples and oranges. DSG is for performance. Itâs hard to have the best of both worlds, so you have to choose between performance and reliability.

If I pay less than 50k for a decent car in sg, I will go for performance.

If I'm paying 100+k, then reliability pls. I dont want my car to be in the workshop more than me being able to enjoy its performance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2