10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

That's nice.  Can you attach a picture?  Trying to figure out where you are referring to.  Thanks.

Hi Bro,

As per attached....but I think diagnosed wrongly, apparently the sound is still there when hit hard on speed hump.

Think will have to visit AD again.

post-195970-0-94948900-1555470171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Julio369
↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

As per attached....but I think diagnosed wrongly, apparently the sound is still there when hit hard on speed hump.

Think will have to visit AD again.

Thanks.  Let us know if you have any finding after visiting AD.  Hope it get solved soon.  

• Praise 1

Hi, I am driving a 4 month old Honda Civic Auto 1.6 from Kah Motor. I bought it brand new. I noticed at low speed (say 30-40kmph), if i i press the accelerator a bit and let go and press again, i can hear clicking noise. I already noticed this problem within a month of getting the car but I dont want to go to Kah to complain without the ability to simulate this. On Monday, I went to Kah to complain and simulate this to the advisors there. When i first show to the advisors, they agree something is wrong. Then, they came up with some documentation that this is expected and this is normal car operation. But they refuse to let me have the documentation. Just let me read and that's it. They then let me try a test drive car which also have some problem although less noise compare to mine. 

I also noticed my fuel consumption has been slowly creeping up too. When I first had the car, it was 7.1l/100 (I was driving very conservatively then). When I started driving normal, it went up to 7.5l and continue to go up to 8l/100km now. I maintained the tyre pressure at the recommended pressure every 2-3 weeks. Same driving pattern and route. Anyone encountering this and any advice? I feel like writing to CASE especially on the clicking noise. Please advise. Thanks

• Praise 4

did you hear from the SA or you work at VCS? If you ask any VW SA in 2017 they will say they fixed the gearbox issue in 2016. You ask them this year they will tell you all gearbox fixed after 2018.

Like I said, go check out vagsg forum do a search how many Mk7/7.5 reported clutch pack/MU failures. Also check Sgcarmart on Golf TSI recent user reviews. 

I loved my ex-VW, same as you I trust VW will somehow improve DQ200 (can't afford R/GTI) but being a long time vagsg forum member I have seen enough. 

Speaking from experience, relative owned a Polo (2009) and Golf Mk 7 (2012), both were plaque by the infamous gearbox issue which requires the car to be towed back. He bought the Golf Mk 7 because the sales told him issue resolved. 

I even heard a sales man tell me, you dont drive your car often enough that is why the gearbox (DQ200) kaput so fast. After hearing this, I told myself, thank you and no VW (Very Worrying).

Skoda has a nice drive if you ask me. I personally tested the A3 and the Skoda Octavia. Both having the same engine, but surprisingly, the Skoda feels nicer to drive with better NVH as compared to the Audi A3, costing about 20k more. 

Given that, Honda quality has also suffered over the years. But I think if you want a generally reliable car, a Honda or Toyota is a safe choice to consider.

• Praise 3

Hi,

Actually, the sound also appears at higher speed but you probably wont hear because the car is moving at higher speed. Hope to hear some comments. Thanks

Hi, I am driving a 4 month old Honda Civic Auto 1.6 from Kah Motor. I bought it brand new. I noticed at low speed (say 30-40kmph), if i i press the accelerator a bit and let go and press again, i can hear clicking noise. I already noticed this problem within a month of getting the car but I dont want to go to Kah to complain without the ability to simulate this. On Monday, I went to Kah to complain and simulate this to the advisors there. When i first show to the advisors, they agree something is wrong. Then, they came up with some documentation that this is expected and this is normal car operation. But they refuse to let me have the documentation. Just let me read and that's it. They then let me try a test drive car which also have some problem although less noise compare to mine. 

I also noticed my fuel consumption has been slowly creeping up too. When I first had the car, it was 7.1l/100 (I was driving very conservatively then). When I started driving normal, it went up to 7.5l and continue to go up to 8l/100km now. I maintained the tyre pressure at the recommended pressure every 2-3 weeks. Same driving pattern and route. Anyone encountering this and any advice? I feel like writing to CASE especially on the clicking noise. Please advise. Thanks

• Praise 1

Thanks. Let us know if you have any finding after visiting AD. Hope it get solved soon.

Hi Bro,

Update.

They got it fixed. Took out the panel below the engine bay and reinstall, now no more tock sound.

I think the previous job of changing the steering rack, the mech did not secure the panel properly.

But down time almost one day.

Gkt to be patient with AD.

Hi,

Actually, the sound also appears at higher speed but you probably wont hear because the car is moving at higher speed. Hope to hear some comments. Thanks

Hi Bro,

As mention, got to patient with them.

Pay them another visit, maybe another branch....different branch, different chief mechanic, different opinion.

My steering rack replacement took me four trips to resolve.

Civic is really underpowered

body big big

low bhp

if u compare to Shuttle which is lighter than Civic

Shuttle have a higher bhp

• Praise 2

(edited)

Civic is really underpowered

body big big

low bhp

if u compare to Shuttle which is lighter than Civic

Shuttle have a higher bhp

1.6 pickup ok lah, if willing the whack/floor that pedal, still can pull quite fast...but use more fuel.& engine loud. Edited by Julio369

Hi Bro,

Update.

They got it fixed. Took out the panel below the engine bay and reinstall, now no more tock sound.

I think the previous job of changing the steering rack, the mech did not secure the panel properly.

But down time almost one day.

Gkt to be patient with AD.

Thanks for the update - so it is related to your previous steering rack replacement.  It is a waste of time and effort to visit the AD repeatedly, wondering why the AD cannot get it right the first time.  Be more efficient to increase customer satisfaction and free up manpower to repeatedly rectify issues.

• Praise 1

1.6 pickup ok lah, if willing the whack/floor that pedal, still can pull quite fast...but use more fuel.& engine loud.

Actually it's only the pickup from stationary positions, a bit slow even if heavy on the pedal.

But  surprising when climbing slopes, the 1.6 is quite good comparable to 2.0 engines.

• Praise 1

What kind of clicking sound? Is it from electronic relays?

As for fuel consumption, it is pretty normal to experience slight variation as not all road conditions are the same. Even waiting longer at traffic lights can lead to lousier fuel consumption.

Hi Bro,

As mention, got to patient with them.

Pay them another visit, maybe another branch....different branch, different chief mechanic, different opinion.

My steering rack replacement took me four trips to resolve.

Just wondering which service center did you go? Are all the 4 trips to the same service center?

• Praise 2

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. The clicking sound is like something is loose. Not electronic relay. I brought the car to my usual outside mechanic and he said it sounded like something is loose. The documentation that they let me read for a bit state something about free play on the gears. But they refuse to let me have the document. If any members here with the same Honda Civic 1.6A want me to demo, I can gladly demo on my car and we see whether the same happen to your car. We can meet. Just PM me. It could be a problem with my car specifically, or a design fault that affect the whole generation of Civic 1.6A and may result in heavy repair cost in future. You got to off your sound system to hear this. I tried on the test car at Ubi and it has the same noise though less prominent and less often than my car. I bought a new car to have a peace of mind but what i am getting is a worry that I have a timebomb with me. Kah Motor Ubi said my complain is not the first but I dont think they are working on this. If you also have a Civic 1.6A and have the same problem, our collective complain will be stronger.

Appreciate the advice on trying to go to another branch. I think I will try that. Maybe the bums at Ubi are looking for excuses not to do any work. My previous cars are all Toyotas. Some are even 8 year old cars when I bought them. Not a single one has this kind of problem.

Regarding fuel consumption, it is going up and up. Same driving pattern, location etc. I understand the there will be variation but I expect fuel consumption to go up and down. This is only going one way. Up. 

Thanks

What kind of clicking sound? Is it from electronic relays?

As for fuel consumption, it is pretty normal to experience slight variation as not all road conditions are the same. Even waiting longer at traffic lights can lead to lousier fuel consumption.

• Praise 1

the facelift and pre facelift, any significant difference in the engine and handling department ?

From their advertisement in Torque Magazine, the changes are cosmetic:

1. New 1.6 Alloy Rims

2. New LED Fog Lights with Chrome Garnish

3. New Fin Antenna

• Praise 2