10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Thought conti cars usually are fuel consumption and rear room with a huge lump de? Lol.

Ya. Same stuff is found in the Mazda.

Dunno why Mazda have that hump when they are FF

↡ Advertisement

Bro, PM you

Anyway alot of people say the closest you can get to a conti car by buying a Jap car is Mazda

If high fuel consumption, squeezy rear room with a needless huge lump is your idea of a conti car....

There are countless conti cars which have better FC than the civic though. So the people who say this are probably outdated.

Just to name a few, Audi A3, A4, Skoda Octavia, Seat Toledo etc. Even the SUVs such as Audi Q2, Q3 have better FC than Civic. These are not quoted figures, but real life figures.

As for rear room, civic also has the lump already though. Rear space is also comparable with similar conti class.

• Praise 1

Ya. Same stuff is found in the Mazda.

Dunno why Mazda have that hump when they are FF

Other countries have AWD. therefore the hump

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. Does anyone have the list of difference between the 90k base model and 92k model besides leather seats?

Hi all. Does anyone have the list of difference between the 90k base model and 92k model besides leather seats?

I belive its no leather seats, solar film and service credits.

KM also gave ma ridiculous trade in value for my Tucson. End up I sold my ride to my friend who's a car dealer, and got a Honda Fit from PI. But gotta admit, the new Civic is really a looker! Let me know if you want my friend's contact, just to compare!

I belive its no leather seats, solar film and service credits.

Yes this is correct. But honestly, just for a 2k difference, just go for the LX model. Actually, if you talk to the correct SE, they shld be able to bring down the price by $1-2k. :) gd luck!

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, had booked my Civic 1.6 from KM Alex.

It has been a long story along this purchase journey, initially went to BM and placed deposit for Altis liao

Although BM extends the Vivo roadshow promo for me and royalty discount of extra 2k for my vios trade in, after all the standard Altis from 90,988 -$1 roadshow promo - $2k discount for Vios trade in , it's priced at 87988. (my Vios E they take in as paper value which abt $6500+)

But after test drive and have a detailed comparison with Civic 1.6 , the spec and features & technology, interior and exterior looks etc..

end up make a U-turn, cancel Altis booking and jump to Civic 1.6 liao.

KM give me the guarantee COE package at 25K rebates, does it considered safe (worthy)? Final result end up Cat A COE goes up . Am I consider lucky go for this package? despite if choose Altis, can enjoy additional 2K off the price. However, when the SE of KM knew I last min U-Turn from Altis to Civic, she said her boss agreed to give 1k discount (same as Vivo roadshow for Altis 1K discount), end up Civic LX price is from 92,999 - 1000 discount - 8000 Vios trade in, it's about 83999 nett cost for my purchase.

Is this consider good buy ? She throw in lot perks for me like 6 months roadtax, solar films , reversed cam, 2Channels dashcam (front & rear) , Trunk Tray, Coilmats, cash card, Honda goodies bag (umbrella, water bottle, car washing kits etc).

KM new car loan interest at 1.99% (OCBC/DBS),

*initially she said can thow in all accessories for me as per manager's approval.

but end up when I'm asking for door chrome handles (she said cannot change due to keyless entry)

when ask for rear boot spoiler (she said need drill holes, will void warranty/future when sell car got problem)

when ask for RIM change like Turbo Civic design look sporty yeng, she said is factory fitted can't (even with top up $ also impossible, speaking of which the origin 1.6Civic rim metal gun color design damn ugly, haiz sad sial  :(

Neutral Newbie

bought liao. minus 1k (sign immediately) so 91999 + car mat + dash cam.

bro u bought from KM Alex or KM Ubi?

your package quite similar to me, given 1k minus too off the price of 92999 (1.6LX), aft knew I jump ship from Altis to Civic (I've placed 2K deposit to BM, which refundable, but gotto wait 3weeks)

what are those perks they give to u ? any free spoiler? free door chrome handle? or able to change rim?

yours is also guarantee COE at 25k rebates?

Did they tell you shipment come on Aug end ,hence car collection is end of Aug?

but mine is like tht, but SE told me got earliest shipment coming this 25July,ask me want collect car not

wondering if early collection, will affect any OMV?

been told current registration running till SMM 3200-3800 liao, seem SMM is good plate ah

also anyone can advice is I want to bid 1910 this kind of no., roughly how much the cost? it is min must be $1000 the starting base price?

Thanks guys !

Neutral Newbie

Altis elegance model selling close to 100k. With your budget, you can settle for the basic spec altis.

that day went BM test drive Altis standard

I found that the car quite heavier and pick up slow (maybe bcos i'm driving Vios, which is lightweight and pick up fast, none CVT), and sadly to see paying 90K + to get an old tech Altis, which the standard ver. don't even have keyless entry, no push start buttong, no rear aircon, no Apple Carplay/Auto Android , no USB charging port , no trunk release handle from rear boot directly (compare to Civic have), no LED cluster/ODO Meter etc..

in the end make me give up the desired to buy Altis(although paid 2000 booking fee already), end up make an emergency brake and U-Turn to Civic 1.6LX liao (modern metal metallic )

Bro

Did you know the honda engine is older ?

This engine is older?

I thought the previous gen civic is 1.8cc and current one is 1.6cc?

Engine is different that's why power also not as good?

Is there any 1.6cc on previous gen civic?

This engine is older?

8th and 9th gen all had 1.6L engine. It is still mechanically the same unit powering the current 10th gen 1.6L Civic. Can say it dates more than 13 years back since 8th gen FD4 in 2006.

Globally the Civic normally uses 1.8L but due to our tax and COE structure, we have the 1.6L.

• Praise 3

This engine is older?

The current 1.6 Civic uses the same 1.6 SOHC engine found in the FD Civic 2 generations ago.
  • Praise 2

8th and 9th gen all had 1.6L engine. It is still mechanically the same unit powering the current 10th gen 1.6L Civic. Can say it dates more than 13 years back since 8th gen FD4 in 2006.

Globally the Civic normally uses 1.8L but due to our tax and COE structure, we have the 1.6L.

Haha!I m 井底之蛙。

9 gen civic all the while I thought only have 1.8L engine.lol....

But mostly on the road is 1.8L ?

The current 1.6 Civic uses the same 1.6 SOHC engine found in the FD Civic 2 generations ago.

I know 8gen civic is 1.6L cos friend use to own one.

But not aware of 9 gen civic got 1.6L.lol...

bro u bought from KM Alex or KM Ubi?

your package quite similar to me, given 1k minus too off the price of 92999 (1.6LX), aft knew I jump ship from Altis to Civic (I've placed 2K deposit to BM, which refundable, but gotto wait 3weeks)

what are those perks they give to u ? any free spoiler? free door chrome handle? or able to change rim?

yours is also guarantee COE at 25k rebates?

Did they tell you shipment come on Aug end ,hence car collection is end of Aug?

but mine is like tht, but SE told me got earliest shipment coming this 25July,ask me want collect car not

wondering if early collection, will affect any OMV?

been told current registration running till SMM 3200-3800 liao, seem SMM is good plate ah

also anyone can advice is I want to bid 1910 this kind of no., roughly how much the cost? it is min must be $1000 the starting base price?

Thanks guys !

I think to bid for 1910, something between $1,001 to $1,050 will do. Minimum bid is $1,000. If u want to bid better do it asap and tell your SE u bidding no. If not later your new car assign with new no. liao and you want to change up new bidded no. need to pay $321.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1